Jump canceling with flurry shot needs to go Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Robot Savage Level 30

Its in the game as we speak guy, thats been a thing

If a prec dps dpnt let the full Flurry shot animation, that prec dps isnt doing its full damage potential.
    If you only let 3-4 of the flurry shots hit and not the full shots hit , you aint doing much damage.

You only see a prec dps doing the JC if he or she either is messing up the combos which is more often the case

or is adjusting its position in the fight
    or is looking to do a pick up or pop a move or battle item
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

if you jump cancel flurry shot, wouldn't it decrease the damage mot increase? Same thing with powers, if you jmp cancel, not getting the full damage. Am I missing something here?
    • Like x 1
  3. thedemonocus Loyal Player

If you need to use cheap exploits to do good damage you are a terrible player. Exploits like this don't last forever ,a good player spends time creating a solid loadout and rotation and gets good damage legit and does not need crutches like this one. Just my 2 cents.
    • Like x 2
  4. gemii Dedicated Player

This is literally my whole point of this thread.

Everybody keeps talking about damage as if that was what this thread was centered around. I don’t care about anybodies numbers I even said you can BUFF the damage if you wanted just remove jump cancel. My whole point was reducing the freedom use of flurry shot and making it more of an experienced weapon to use Which would make elite more challenging and not just a mindless jumping around the room like jumping jacks contest shooting flurries at the boss without worrying about having to avoid mechanics in the raid.

You think might players don’t have to suffer from trapped animation during skulls? Its ok for them to pay attention more or be In situations that could cause a wipe but it would be a problem if you had to play out the dual wield animation and be put in a similar predicament of having to play wiser? And that animation on flurry shot is SHORTER than a lot of might based attacks that’s the funny part.

as I said before being able to jump cancel the weapon makes elite look soft. You have the best mobility and easiest combo in the game to pull off and it melts down the boss like butter on top of that lmao. Y’all want it to stay because this is the only way you know it your addiction.

The responses of why it should stay are even more maddening lol

“I love fast pace clipping” why aren’t you gadgets might Then you have a suppressor that can be clipped to the max. How are you stuck on flurry shot if you love clipping so much

“I can’t pick up” It’s not a long animation if you can’t pick up it’s because you choose not too

“I cant block in time” welcome to the real world of any other power that doesn’t involve jump canceling and has to pay attention more

“How is it gonna balance the game what about nature” how is anything Ever gonna step in a direction of balance when everyone is content with leaving things the way there are
  5. Robot Savage Level 30

You are correct If a prec dps dpnt let the full Flurry shot animation, that prec dps isnt doing its full damage potential.
    If you only let 3-4 of the flurry shots hit and not the full shots hit , you aint doing much damage.
  6. Robot Savage Level 30

JC isnt an exploit silly, If you DO JC in Flurry shot you aint doing the full damage, you aint even doing 70k damage, so not often does a prec spam JC unless they are uneducated on how JC works

If a prec dps dpnt let the full Flurry shot animation, that prec dps isnt doing its full damage potential.

You only see a prec dps doing the JC if he or she either is messing up the combos which is more often the case

or is adjusting its position in the fight
    or is looking to do a pick up or pop a move or battle item
  7. gemii Dedicated Player

What does this thread have anything to do about numbers or artifacts? I said In the OP remove it because it takes away from the difficulty of elite.
  8. Miserable Dedicated Player

Do you believe anyone who enjoys challenge or competition to be in this category?
  9. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

This reminds me of ye old days when "clipping" was the ire of certain members of the community. History repeats itself. This resulted in dovetails being added to powers, a loss of speed in rotations, and the beginning of the homogenization of powers that we see today.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So don't run with people who are using it when doing Elite runs. For that matter, when putting together a group for Elite, make sure a few people don't have level 200 artis, or level 23 head augs. Maybe see who's rocking <300 SP.

I'd guess if you are putting together a group for an Elite run you are NOT shouting for these things...are you? Hey, I've got a just made 287 alt with like level 4 head augs and 140-160 artis...she does NOT use DW/flurry, so feel free to group her up for your next Elite run. Granted she's got more than 300 SP, but I'd say she'll make it difficult enough for you that the other DW/Flurry clippers in the group won't bother you so much.
    • Like x 5
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

Depends on the level and how it affects other people, really. One can do a lot of things in this game to challenge yourself without trying to make it as hard as humanly possible on everyone else. Form a group that won't run artifacts, find a group that will only wear purple gear, etc, etc. Let Survival Mode be for those hyper-competitive people, trying to prove something to...somebody? Themselves? I don't know.

Even with jump canceling, Elite modes are still challenging at level for a lot of people, by and large. If people want changes to weapons/prec so that all weapons and powers are close to be in line with each other, that's fine. Some of them should be able to add some mobility, then. That certainly isn't the motivation of a lot of these calls for nerfs, though. Difficulty isn't really able to be quantified in a nice, clean cut manner, so we're all really just weighing in on opinions, informed or not. I tend to err on the side of "let's have more people at the table" than the exclusionary "OMG I R ELITE, U N00B!" mentality.
    • Like x 1
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

Staff users with Martial Flowers say hello. ;)
  13. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Exactly! People complained about clipping and the skill it took, and then gu35 happened, and a lot of players left the game because of it.

I wish we could’ve kept pre gu35 clipping and non dovetail animations, and also had am’s/wm added so both parties could be happy.
  14. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

So Jc makes elite easier? Let me guess, you saw a youtube vid of a league making elite look like a cakewalk and then started rampaging about how jc needs to be removed.. look, that’s been going on for years, there’s always been a group of players making the hardest raids look like a lob sided Pokémon battle, and it will continue to happen, even if jc gets removed, and said players will just be the new meta then. That has always been the case, with the exclusion of nexus and paradox, I don’t think anyone steamrolled through those raids during their initial arrival lol, they were something else
    • Like x 1
  15. Tangent Line Level 30

THIS ^^

EXACTLY MY POINT! Even Deity Supreme has stated this is the most balanced the game has been in years (in another recent post), so if you don't want to run elite with precision users, JUST DON'T RUN ELITE CONTENT! It's that simple! Because I SINCERELY DOUBT, you will find anyone in the top leagues (not in any specific order) i.e. Straight Business, Neurotic, Success, Select Few, GodSIayers (VILLAIN) that are not running precision.

If you do not like it don't run elite or as Reinheld stated just ask for all might users with low skill points, low artifacts, people that used the CR skip that barely started playing trying to run elite.

AND, there is a reason jump clipping is a thing and why it is SO VIABLE in elite. How many time for example in CTE Last Boss are you flurry shotting and ORCL begins to skull and the only way to block is to jump cancel and block. AND if for a second you try to sit here and tell me, "the tank should hit immunity" well you are wrong. The tank only hit's immunity on the first skull and saves his/her immunity for when ORCL bot teleports someone by pointing. Of course any real elite player would understand this or maybe even think that it would be detrimental to the game. Any player, including myself can agree and say precision is boring and repetitive, BUT you CAN NOT say that it is NOT EFFECTIVE or EFFICIENT. That is the last thing I will say to you in regard to this post; I rest my case.
    • Like x 2
  16. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

i can kinda understand this but I recently started dual wield precision and I don't know I kinda like the animation and the damage I do makes me feel useful and powerful. but yeah getting rid of the jump cancel would ruin dual wield precision I mean have you seen how slow it is without jump cancel?
  17. Tenacious New Player

I remember when WM was implemented after being so use to the original combat mechanics. Such a drastic slowdown in gameplay.... boring
    • Like x 1
  18. Liightmare dc Active Player

lmao dude your delusional. You either don’t know how this works or maybe you think everyone here is dumb. You get more dmg by jc the last hit bc it allows you to jump right into the next combo. It’s a dmg loss to not jc the last hit. Yes if you run the whole animation you don’t know what your doing at all
    • Like x 1
  19. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Umm.. am I... am I the only person who sees something wrong here? Like where's the balance then? Why every "top player is precision? Why don't we have variety? Great way to admit the imbalance, I guess.
    • Like x 3
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah I kind of got that. As he was replying to my post, and kind of changed what I said, I was going to put almost this^^^

Just saying, if the OP doesn't like running with people who jump cancel cause it makes it 'easy' then there are several options to add back in some difficulty. Not sure how that turned to 'Don't run Elite'. Yes, many of the people who grind Elite are using DW/Flurry cancel, but they also use Doomspin, Solar/Strat/Trans cards at 200, Full precision Augs and drink flex/nitro boosts like they are water. All those things make the runs (reg or elite) easier. Not sure why he's picking on DW/Flurry cancel. Just stop running with the people who use it if it bugs you so much. Honestly seeing the whole group bouncing(canceling) around like jumping beans always amuses me cause it looks so stupid when you are doing it.

For the record I use DW/Flurry on several toons. I use it cause I have used it since it came out when WM was launched because i'm good at the combo (unlike many of hte other combos) and it doesn't have you flipping and flopping around the room. I never cancel it unless it's to get out of an aoe/burst damage (and I have no issues getting pickups) and I'm not even a precision build so I normally am using it in between rotation cooldowns or when a physical object needs to be broken(very handy for that). I don't normally top the board (it happens on occasion) but I also don't care enough to change my playstyle. Not sure why some people play this game even. The same people who spam runs to get full gear/augs as fast as possible then later complain that things are too easy and boring. They are also the ones who c-block users who don't have these things from running with them. I've actually been asked to leave an Elite run because I was NOT precision and using DW/Flurry. No worries, I am happy to leave that kind of group.
    • Like x 5