Jump canceling with flurry shot needs to go Devs

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Liightmare dc Active Player

It quoted the wrong person obviously I was replying to the part about sc if you can’t tell.
  2. Tangent Line Level 30

Let me guess either:

Someone that got destroyed by a better precision DPS and is envious.

Someone that got beat by a might dps(which doesn't make sense in this context)

Or you just like to complain
    • Like x 1
  3. gemii Dedicated Player

None of the above but I’ll wear the complain badge I suppose. I’ll bow out the thread if ima bother lol, I’ll let the gameplay speak for itself and unravel in due time :)
  4. DamageControlPS Active Player

YOU have now once again 3rd time ignores any reasonable debate about how would that balance the game ignored it and talked about mobility one combo gives. Are you kidding me, your points are ridiculious I ask how are the powers gonna balance out and you go oh about how people can move while flurry shotting. So now I will not respond any more to this thread because you clearly do not have an argument here all you do is emotionally reply about the combo rather then have a discussion how you are gonna fix the imbalance behind prec that is so obvious at the moment.

I keep mentioning nature because it’s gonna be the next prec if you think nature single target is miles behind prec you are so ignorant it’s insane and every dps will be this power to be competitive. So to conclude. Being able to be competitive as a dps with ONE power will be more balanced, then being able to switch any power and be competitive. That is not balanced and since you can’t see that clearly there’s is no more point talking about it. Good luck with the witch hunt and a little advise stop playing the game so two dimensionally maybe it will make it easier for you and you won’t need to ask for everything to get nerfed good luck.
  5. Brit Loyal Player

I'm a healer. I have never played precision DPS. I use a bow, in conjunction with the Demon's Fang, for power recovery to offset my usage of an Orb of Arion. It just takes one flurry shot to recover my power after that 300% priority heal.

Today I was killed because a skull attack was advertised just as I hopped into the air for a flurry shot, and it went off and killed me full-to-dead in a single hit before I could complete the flurry shot animation to be able to block. I should have jump-cancelled out of the flurry shot so that I could block. But since I have never played precision DPS, and I chiefly just heal, it wasn't a reflex action I had trained myself to do. Instead, I saw the Skull and I instantly hit block... which did nothing during the animation.

Flurry shot definitely needs to stay cancellable. It is too long to be locked in; it would kill too many people. I personally need to get a little better about jump-cancelling it myself. But speaking from experience, if it doesn't get cancelled, then it will kill players.
    • Like x 6
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

I agree the jump cancel needs to be removed. Keep the damage potential where it is but take away the mobility. It does more damage than just about any might ST rotation while being able move faster than the mobile based powers.
    This thread went exactly how I imagined it would. All the people that lean on this crutch to be able actually compete in game weakly trying to defend it. But but but pickups... But but but nature...
    • Like x 1
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

Keep the jc part, reduce overall performance by a few percent. Done. Don't see why we specifically want to remove the jc part.
    Also, instead of removing it, move the last hit to the end of the "loading bar".

I agree on reducing DW/2H performance by a small amount, I just don't get at all why there is talk about the jc part when other options do exactly the same but keep the movability.
  8. August Moon Well-Known Player

munitions.....munitions is literally hitting numbers right now to the point where almost half of might users are munitions. the strong multi hits plus trans and strat card goes extremely well along with 2 high burst aoe attacks that you can all use from a long range distance . theres literally no other power in this game that can compare and have seen munitions might go neck and neck with prec dps
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

I beg to differ. And I beg to differ without exploiting anything.

Flourishing greetings.
  10. August Moon Well-Known Player

greetings to you too. please elaborate on what might compare if you dont mind
  11. Rad Rita New Player

This is the exact same problem the Call of Duty series has had.

People whine and cry that they are getting destroyed by other guns, so they Nerf those guns making them useless all because of people's bad skill or jealousy.

And before you could blink, everybody was running around with shotguns or snipers because they Nerfed the Submachines so HARD that they were pretty much useless.
    That's why I hate these unnecessary Nerf threads
    • Like x 1
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

I thought my flourishing greetings gave it away. :D

But okay, let's elaborate: Hard hitting AoE is rarely relevant in content that matters, because this is usually a focus switch between one boss at a time and occational adds (that either don't matter or it's a specific one that needs to be killed). Such, ST performance is imo much more relevant and there, multiple powers can compete (HL, Nat, Fire...).
    As for truly AoE rotations, you can usually melee anyways because I haven't seen a boss lately that is mainly AoE focussed. In melee rotations you have other powers that can compete with mun as well.
    As for the jack of all trades, since I agree that Mun has a very good (might based) standing there, nature still outperforms it if both players are equally capable (or let's say a player who knows both powers well would outperform themselves with nature).
    Nature's ST capabilities are higher, though more stiff and there are annoying dovetails so awareness is important. AoE wise with the buff to Impaling Thorns it's also pretty good, though i have to admit, that there is less comparable burst involved. However, as I mentioned, in AoE situations you can usually melee in every instance and there Nature Melee > Mun melee (i.e. the highest average aoe parse).
    Also, as I mentioned, I did not consider a single exploit since I don't need to stoop down to exploiter-levels.

I responded to you because the use of "literally" seemed intentional to me. And from my point of view, I disagree there.
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

There's still a difference between a nerf and a fix to me. An average performance reduction by 5-10% would still result in usable playstyles but anything more might render some playstyles unplayable.

Nerfs are imo usually super subjective and mostly only used by players.
    As an example: Pets not consuming powers and as such were spamming their hard hitters 24/7 got a fix. Giving Time Bomb a cap that is somewhat low dampens the performance of the power and such could be considered a nerf. Devs would probably see it differently.
  14. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I like to clip flurry shot with powers so I would be fine. For the op complaining that he can't keep up with flurry shot, there is a single target fire loadout that does more damage than flurry shot.
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

There has always been a particular sub-set of gamers/comics geeks/movie nerds/foodies that want games(etc) as difficult, inscrutable, and walled off from a general population so that they can feel better about themselves about their perceived superiority in at least ONE facet of their life. I'd suggest some sort of counseling so that the underlying insecurities that cause this particular personality defect would be addressed, but instead they spend that time on forums calling for everything to be as difficult as possible.

Gatekeepers gonna gatekeep.
    • Like x 1
  16. Pinky Well-Known Player

Instead of nerfing Flurry Shot, why not buff other Weapon Masteries and underperforming might powers so that their damage is brought up to par with Flurry Shot? Would'nt this be a better alternative than round after round of nerf this, nerf that?
    • Like x 2
  17. August Moon Well-Known Player

oh no i know as far as melee there are powers that can compare but long ranged jack of all trades that can damage everything equally without an exploit for instances like cte or fbe where you genuinely want to keep your distance
  18. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Or maybe don't remove the jump cancel, since too many flurry zealots whine about it. Make it so you don't get all the damage ticks if you don't let the entire animation play out. You will still be able to do revives and react to skull attacks.
    • Like x 3
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

That is the point. You don't need max range aoe in CTe, neither do you need to be max range for FBe first phase. After that you only care about Lex/Brimstone/Alpha Lex/Olsen. Adds are mostly irrelevant there. When the drones in CTe 1st boss spawn or the shield drones on LB, groups usually tend to use Orbitals, SC and focussed damage on them. ST is widely preferred in these encounters. That was my point :)
  20. Robot Savage Level 30

If you getting smoked by prec dpses either get better or get them arts up cause a huge chunkc of prec dpses got maxed arts, JC does take away the full damage potential due to you not being able to hit the full flurry shots, if a prec dps JC out and just keeps letting 3-4 shots hit he or she isnt doing its full damage potential.

Go spec prec and hit a dummy in a war room youll see that if you JC out of flurry you will be doing less damage. And its mainly all arts lvl at this point, unless a might has 200 arts might aint beating a full 200 art prec

They nerfed prec already but 200 arts anyone is smoking lower level arts.

The gameplay is already been unraveld so its not news to anyone unless you live under a rock.

Flurry shot will not change and should not change
    • Like x 1