New Bonus Event: Raid the Universe

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stardazer Committed Player

There are some people who will never truly be satisfied with anything because of their entitlement. Dimensional Ink could give all players 10,000 marketplace cash for free and someone would be like "that's it?!"

I'm happy we were able to get something small, fun, and rewarding to do (even if it only took me 40 minutes). A bonus is a bonus. :)
    • Like x 4
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I just queued up each one, We had 2 tanks in HOH, I try to explain that only tanks can the essence, and people kept dpsing it and healing, so I had to switch to tank just to kill it.
    • Like x 2
  3. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Personally, puzzles should be in solos... it's a neat mechanic but people just wanna pew pew in raids, I wish Daybreak would leave the burn checks in raids and leave the puzzles in solos.
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

When I did it with my group I typed to explain that I had to tank the Essence and kill it before they get Ares but as soon as we began they started to wail on Ares like it would do something so ok I pulled the Essence and I was surprised I took it down fast and as I was about to type "OK BURN ARES QUICK" but he went down quick so I was like "nvm" -_-
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just because you just want to pew pew doesn’t mean that’s what should be. The issue with most dps these days is that they ignore mechanics unless it can help them get more pretty numbers on the scoreboard. Like FB you can get false numbers by using the turrets. But when it’s time to do the turrets in the last fight those same dps somehow forget how to hit the councils.

So no, I think there should be more mechanics like we had back in the day. Punish these bad dps
    • Like x 1
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah like currently I see this all the time but you see in the FNB raid where players will wail on Brimstone and Warsuit Jimmy like it's them and not the turrets mechanics that'll progress you to the end.
    • Like x 1
  7. AquiloFury Committed Player

So..is the Waller box a one time deal, or do we get one each day? I'm just curious.
  8. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

One time, but yeah that would be great.

In fact that's my only criticism of this event, we want more of it. I'd be happy to do this for 7 days using 7 different toons, one each day.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere, but it seems as though you will not be prompted to claim the box if you are on a toon under AF2 content CR level at least. I signed in on a CR 80 character first and did not get prompted for the grant item. Went in on another toon at 108 and it popped up. Not sure about your friend, but if they have a higher level CR toon, have them try there.
  10. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

I’ve done all 5 raids but can’t find my Locked Confiscated Goods box. Help?
  11. Blackhole1st New Player

The game is down again aw man
  12. LoganCaron Active Player

You should do it with the Titans episode too...so people will actually do the Elite Raids. Been a long time trying to get those Titan Renowns lol
  13. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Would love to see the contract system get added permanently. The reward structure would be another new currency, with wich you can buy any sort of other currency; base items; different Tiers of Nth Metal and different Tiers of Quarks on a new Vendor for example.

Important would be to have a Variation of contracts with different layers of difficulty and to make them replayable infinitely with no loot lock timer.

I have personally no motivation to play the game at the moment and i didnt even boost the current Dlc with a crazy amount of replay badges.

With the Contract System i could get a contract Mission to defeat 5 different Elite raid bosses for example.
    The reward would be my Motivation, the Mission would let me engage with old Content for a reason and i spend time and probably Money on the game.

Though it requires some dev. time, this is something DCUO needs. Some replayable missions that are not tied to one Dlc. Something to engage with the whole game.
    • Like x 2
  14. diangelo Level 30

Are you thinking about doing something extra for the switch players? If you’re trying to build a player base on the newest platform you shouldn’t screw them out of a bonus week. I’d think you’d do better offering them MORE...to entice people to keep playing or move over to a fresh platform.
  15. DaBeama Well-Known Player

I ran 7 Amazon Fury (2 I ran twice) raids and still can't open the box. Did I do something wrong?
  16. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I loved this event! I used two alts, one CR 118 and one CR 192. I chose my 118 tank so that I wouldn't have to worry (as much) about essence in Throne or the poison room in Lab. :D

Major kudos for this event. It was fun, inspired me to play older content and wasn't too grindy to complete. For me, it was the exact right balance. I'll probably also run the raids on my main toons to get the bonus rewards. Thanks!
  17. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Had a fantastic time with this event, and hopefully more to come! My league has been clearing out the feats from the highlighted content while enjoying and sharing nostalgia and bonding. I know that some people would prefer more challenging version of the content, but I have to say I loved the chill atmosphere of just being OP and having a blast together.
  18. generalzod Committed Player

Feedback form long time player this was much much need glad you finally did this. Now to make this where it’s great not just (umm It was ok). It’s went way too fast skipping mechanics . #1 needs to scale make it hard like when we first played it. #2 everyone would still play it if you added a feat to the contract once the contract was fulfilled maybe a full feat point . 3# run it for min 2 weeks.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I can tell the people who are saying 'its too easy' that if you queue in a group, it's still not. Most people do not know the mechanics and if you end up in a group that is missing roles like troller for the GOME 2nd boss, it's still a struggle for some. Add to that the lightning in the LB of GOM/GOME seems to now be drunk or high and just spins off to the side most of the time (I think it's trying to chain with a void gazer personally).

The event was fun, and on some alts that were missing feats I actually got some completed, but wasn't really grinding them out. And maybe...just maybe...there are a few noob players who learned something on how to run these raids at least. It would be cool to see this for Atlantis or TT content too, too few people run those normally.
    • Like x 4
  20. tomejohn New Player

I cant get mine to work, I do all the raids over and over but I get no contracts to unlock it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.