Best DPS powers?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by klazhiki, May 15, 2020.

1. Monkeyboy Committed Player

I lightly skimmed through the thread but didn't see where you said what your loadout and artifacts were. Rage range does need work but it's not that far behind. Any range loadout should include Heat Vision(or Freezing Breath), Channel Hate, PI applicator(if you don't have Grim), Robot Side Kick and range SC of your choice (Neo-Venom or Infuriate), and E-Chain or Dreadful blast. Without knowing your artifacts, this loadout could change but not by much.
  2. I3eleth Well-Known Player

All day long I use superspeed heatvision and three dps loadouts and its nasty.
  3. TháBáker New Player

I'm Munitions with only 302sp 160 Solar, 130 strat and trans artifact all elite gear and have out dps nature guys with higher artifacts and same gear as me. Depending on the content that is being run nature will out preform munition but in most of the newer content munition is better. There is no 'best power' every power has its issues, electric has insane AoE damage not many can keep up with it when it comes to Aoe but it loses hard in ST, Nature and Munitions are great all rounders and just hit hard for everything. Some may even say Earth is the best dps might power cos jackhammer is 360 AoE but u can't run that in elite so again it falls short there. Basically there is no 'best dps might power' pick what u like and play the game, if you want to be top dps every raid go gadgets and prec buy 200 artifacts.
  4. Soul Dedicated Player

For Prec you want to be Super-Speed because of Tornado Pull and Phase Dodge.
    The most efficient Powersets for Prec are (in somewhat of an order and not including very situational scenarios): Gadgets, Ice and Electricity. Tho any Powerset can do Prec very well as the generic loadout is: Tornado Pull, Weapon Buff, Phase Dodge, Neo-Venom Boost, Robot Sidekick/Powerset Pet, Shield/Whirling Dervish.
    Gadgets Benefits from Tazer Pull and Stealth, Ice gets better passive damage from Snow Devil, Electricity has Circuit Breaker to replace NVB as a SC and provide better damage and CC immunity.
    *Stealth will get your PS friends raging as to this day it still affects instance lag on the console.. for some reason.

If you want to play Might your only competitive option is Nature. Celestial and Munitions both have a lot going for them and have the potential to deal the same amount of damage but in practice get interrupted too much to perform on the same level.

Putting scoreboard chasing aside, the game at this point in time really doesn't require you or your raid setup to have the best of anything, you can complete any content with any setup and any powerset assuming each role does their job right. So my advice is just play the powerset you find most appealing.
    • Like x 4
  5. I3eleth Well-Known Player

Try a 160 grim art and 160 scrap grim will inflict burn for you and scrap build your SC and you just throw out the damage its nice af.
    • Like x 1
  6. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

so its not just me then...I thought my muni guys could hold there own...man the grief I got for saying that...
  7. I3eleth Well-Known Player

In my opinion in terms of long range melee range and solo target damage and being good at it's role munitions is near the top with nature.
    • Like x 1
  8. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Nothing beats nature
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well I would ague that the nature guy didn't really knew what they were doing. Yeah, Mun is pretty strong but not as strong as nature.
    My hard guess would be that the nature guy either wasn't using optimal loadouts and/or rotations or they weren't using armories as much as they should.
    Like, anyone who goes into VMF without full SC loses dps, anyone who doesn't have at least two Gorilla SC on Amazo loses dps if he goes for Superman-Flash mode since this mode drops DoT effects. On any other Amazo Mode the DoTs will keep going and just need to be refreshed.
    Also, anyone who goes into Lex or Amazo or even 1st boss fight without ST loadout loses damage. There is the small argument though that on 1st boss wolf is also ok since you're not likely to get to 10k SC when you reach Amazo.

tl, dr: A nature player who knows every trick in the book can't be beat by non precs. But then again, "every trick" likely means 4+ DPS armories and knowing all the pros and cons of each of them. Mun melee/ST/AoE is way more straight forward.

But just to be clear: I mained mun, I main nature since like forever. I still like mun and think it's a highly competitive might powerset. But on a ranking in this game, there never ever was a time when two powers were exactly in the same spot in general. In fact, I never saw a good mmo where this was ever the case ^^ So yeah, mun can pull their own weight for sure.
  10. crap zappa New Player

Are you on pc/ps server? Muni is on par with nature. So is HL. If i knew how to post a youtube vid id post my league mate anti putting it on prec dps in dme.
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

Nature.

This video may help you to understand the potential of this power.

12. Wallachia Devoted Player

Rage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

This video is pathetic indeed ^_^
    • Like x 1
  14. Top Stooge New Player

Thanks for all the wonderful support!
    • Like x 1
  15. dcuotoo Well-Known Player

that's not the BEST part...the best part is when you realize you used hours of play time to choose the perfect name the right aura the coolest cape...MAN...how long did it take for you to get that CAPE!...just to end up playing and looking like a naked Bmovie Wolfman...who the heck is your Mentor...Bella Lagosi...Abbot & Costello!!??
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Duos are the worst place to run dps comps. They are strictly first come first serve when
    I know, I'm good :)

All joking aside, Fire is slept on bigtime. There are a few great fire players out there though
  17. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Nature is broken. All the armory changes, sodas, etc wont make a difference. You mention youtube, I suggest you look a little harder into nature my man. It isnt quite speed hack territory but some of those boys are doing crazy numbers with nature that you will never see from any other power set. Including prec
  18. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Which is exactly why nature is the top power right now. We call it broken but I'm sure I remember somewhere seeing the devs said it is working as intended
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

Nature is top power without the exploit full time.
    Also please redirect me to the passage that healer's harvest is refreshing another players DoTs and adapting them for themselves is working as intended. I haven't found any comment from a dev about it after searching for their posts....
    • Like x 5
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's not intended and it's getting fixed.