Open Episodes & Bonus Weeks - Extended

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

Update: Open Episodes have been extended through quarantine, without a specific end date.

In the real world, the next few months are likely going to be difficult, perhaps scary, definitely isolating. Here at Dimensional Ink, we can't fundamentally change that - even with all the capes and cowls in the world - but we can do our small part.

We know DCUO can be a way to escape or distract from hard times, and we know playing can be a great way to stay connected with friends from the comfort and safety of our own homes.

For the team, there is an elevated sense of meaning and passion about what we do right now. If we can make anyone's next few weeks easier, that's important to us on an entirely different level.

That's why we remain (safely) hard at work on our next episode, so you can enjoy it as soon as possible, and that's why we're rolling out bonus WEEKS for the foreseeable future.

Take a break, log in, have fun - and stay safe.

OPEN EPISODES - EXTENDED!

First up, we invite everyone to come play all of our storylines and content with Open Episodes. All players will have free access through Episode 35: Metal Part I (with increased loot lockout times) from March 19, 2020 through the end of quarantine, without a specific end date.

Wherever you might be in the game, with whatever content you own, you can log in and be a Super Hero without worrying about real-world costs.

Remember, also, that our latest episode's event versions are always accessible to everyone for free, so yes, virtually the entire game is here waiting for you.

BONUS WEEKS

No more bonus weekends! Starting tomorrow, we're pulling out all the stops, adding to our previous plans, and converting every bonus weekend into bonus WEEKS.

We can't share everything yet because we're still working on the details, but check back here for the latest information as we go.

For now, know that we're kicking things off with a bonus currency weekend!

Open Episodes begin March 19, 2020. Excludes Episode 36: Metal Part II and Episode 37: Birds of Prey.
    • Like x 10
  2. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I think the way things are being done now are great for the game. I'm noticing a lot more players. There are a lot of things that I'd love to see implemented on a more regular basis, and I hope you guys feel the same way!
    • Like x 2
  3. Blackhole1st New Player

Yes this is whats keeping the game alive keep this up and the game feels alive if not the game feels dead
  4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

And the name of that episode would be ... ?

(Can't blame me for trying) :D
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

“Megzilla & Oceans’ Excellent Adventure”
    • Like x 2
  6. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

7. Omegawabo New Player

Just like to say that I came back after a 5 year hiatus. When the quarentine struck on my country I downloaded the game to check how things are and I really like the open episodes! Im really thinking about paying to free my inventory (its pretty absurd that a game restricts your inventory with cash but anyway); but on the other hand I dont know if Im gonna still be here when things go back to be so greedy again.
    If you would keep on the game with free episodes and paying money to beat the game faster or have cool leagues and bases can be really awesome.
    Pay to win is pretty bad, but pay to play is a death sentence on an MMORPG. Maybe Im wrong, I dunno. But the game feels so alive with a lot of players currently.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.