New Bonus Event: Raid the Universe

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

I love these bonus weeks that get old content Qs going,keep them comming
    • Like x 1
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

This is an interesting concept that a lot of us have asked for in similar form. I hope this concept continues on a more regular basis going forward.
    • Like x 2
  3. DamageControlPS Active Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    Read what I said instead of reading first sentence and then replying because you wanna brown your nose to the devs, I clearly stated that the raid would be more enjoyed if people had to follow mechanics and experience the proper raid not 4 minutes kill the boss in one second which is at the moment that was offered. Next time please read before you start typing buddy. Go cosplay instead of write on the forums when someone has a different idea to what was offered.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, we are not resetting the raids.
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

If it’s any consolation, I’ve already had to leave one group because “get a tank to kill the essence” was too much for their tiny brains to handle. ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

well that was fun.

would be a nice idea to let legendary members get to do stuff like this on all their toons. i would be going down the line on all of my alts. i should have take advantage of this and let one of my weaker toons run this to help develop their artifacts but its wiser in the long run to keep this kind of stuff on my main character. you could even mix up any bonuses according to characters powers/roles.

would also be nice to somehow see at least one raid (or whatever combination of instances) brought up to end game standards just for the challenge of it.

you could also potentially mix and match instances to tailor your own mini story, like a self contained comic book story. for example have Waller gives us a mission that has us needing to run through Khandaq, Kandor and the Outer caverns.

i like the whole contract idea.
    • Like x 1
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

The idea seemed fun, but the entire bonus last about a hour
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What follows is just a little insight into how millions of dollars and pennies work in game development.

Event modes are not an unheard of idea, not the only idea, it has been controversial in the past, and it would have taken probably 5x-10x more time. This was a new bonus week we pulled together as quickly as we could, which mostly diverted one of our systems designers.

Creating an event mode is a process of buffing numbers, implementing clamping, fixing everything and mechanics that doing those two things broke (which is usually everything), and then playtesting to find the right event-mode sweet spot. Then onto QA, and perhaps waiting for a game update if there end up being any client-related fixes needed.

So, that would have meant pulling the entire content team off of episode 38 for a while - for the first run of a bonus week idea that we haven't tried before and that might be hated for whatever unfathomable reason often awaits. Once we start messing around with the next episode's launch date or fidelity, this quickly could have become a million dollar gamble or more. Instead, we pulled together what we think is a very solid bonus and brand new bonus week for players, that lets us look at feedback and behavior and go from there.

I can't possibly say if this kind of event will return again or with what adjustments, but again we will be looking for that feedback.
    • Like x 14
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Don't forget the per-raid bonus is there all week, for whatever other characters you might run them on or for whatever replays.
    • Like x 1
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Welp I got lost in the Labyrinth but a group member pointed out that after the room puzzles are done if you warp to rally you can go to the last boss chamber from there. Good to know lol!
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Wait, you guys work? According to many of my fellow forum posters, I thought you guys just waded around in piles of money Scrooge McDuck style while the game magically programmed itself. Oh wait, I almost forgot I don’t listen to the blowhards. :p

But seriously, too many players quickly forget (or don’t know to begin with) the difference between the simplicity of an idea and the complexity of it’s execution. That goes quintuply for computer programing. Me thinks you’d do well to quell the ever echoing uproar by providing more peeks behind the veil like this one.
  12. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah the ten MoV and the CR 252 gear box per raid is pretty sweet for most toons so yeah thanks Mepps
  13. Captain Quasar Level 30

Wow sounds fun! If only I could do it but it's not for switch, still they did say they "valued us"
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

In this case, Nintendo was unable to turn around an update in time. The process is a little different over there, and world events are having an impact. We'll definitely get Switch included next time.
    • Like x 1
  15. ApocalypticMan New Player

Great new bonus week. I haven't had time to complete it yet . But I'm looking forward to it. Thanks
  16. Captain Quasar Level 30

Ah well that's good then. Just was worried Switch would be cut out from future stuff
  17. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Very cool idea, I like this version of "Spotlight/Highlight" much more than the JLD version recently done.

That said, I appreciate all the bonus weeks. Whether they apply much to me personally, or not. I tend to think that the more happy players there are, the healthier the game overall can be, and that benefits everyone to some degree.

(Also is the coincidental tie-in to "Harley Quinn" on DCUniverse.com intended? They literally just foiled Lex on Themyscira, so....)
    • Like x 1
  18. Irvynnge Loyal Player

first group I joined ( blind queue ) this morning was a craic. me & this other dps guy just standing over in one corner while everyone else ran around in circles, pew-pewing & screaming ( well, typing ), " omfg! it's bugged! it's bugged! " & much hilarity was had. tried explaining that we were gonna need a tank for this one. yeah, that didn't go down too well.

" you tank, then! "
    " gadgets, mate."
    " don't tell other people what to do if you're not willing to do it yourself! "
    ( true dcuo story ).

I ended up politely excusing myself, & blind queuing into another. we had a tank. in & out. lovely jubbly.

haven't done the labyrinth yet. that should be a laugh. the one with the big dog went well, though.
    • Like x 1
  19. Warpath619 New Player

So once again the switch server gets screwed over. So what bonus do we have for this week?
  20. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Sounds like evey blind TotD queue I have done. mine usually had a second tank when I ran my tank alt, but after explaining and letting the other tank pick ares/adds or essence, they’d bring either or over to where I was tanking, then they would leave after that wipe
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.