New Bonus Event: Raid the Universe

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caroline Dedicated Player

I love this so much, thank you!
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m a little disappointed we’re only getting one box. Any chance you could chop up the Nth metal inside so I can distribute it equally among my girls? Probably not, especially the day before but maybe you could keep it in mind for next time. I’m hoping of course there is a next time because this is a really nice idea.
  3. Stardazer Committed Player

This is awesome and a great way to incentivise players to revisit old raids. I hope something like this continues moving forward for different collection of raids.

I was really hoping to see some new style rewards, but I'm happy with what we're getting nevertheless.
    • Like x 1
  4. jthorlakson New Player

Much better implementation this time. Nicely done. :)
  5. AquiloFury Committed Player

This is awesome!!! Thank you devs!
  6. Zamara Dedicated Player

You can do the same raid 5 times and still get the same reward tho, you won't get the marks and gear but you'll get the currency for the artifact xp and the coins.
    Or you can do the same raid on 5 different characters, or each raid on a different alt, all 5 on the same alt, any combination of 5 raid runs will give you the reward box it's up to you how you want to get it and how bad you want to get all the marks.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zamara Dedicated Player

Just to clarify the marks and gear will drop as long as we're not loot locked right? so even if we did all 5 for the xp and lex coins if we queue on an alt that's not loot locked we'll get them? so we can get up to 50 marks and 5 gear drops from this on each alt without resetting?
  8. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

For as long as I can remember, people have been begging for SOMETHING to be done to make older content relevant again.
    You guys seem to have done it. This is exciting. It seems like you guys are using bonus weeks to test some new Ideas and I am HERE FOR IT! Well done Devs! Keep it up. Can't wait to see what this mystery prize is!
    • Like x 6
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Thanks for the tip. I’ll play it by ear. Like I said, I don’t mind a challenge if I only have to do it once, like in all the other games I play. I just get upset here because I have to do stuff multiple times a week to get the stuff I need to progress, you know?
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, any version of the raid counts.
    • Like x 7
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, nothing in the event gets you into content your character can't usually get into.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Correct.
    • Like x 4
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Why wasn't this in the opening post, devs? :-D

Anyways, THIS is what we need on a regular basis. Like in focused raids every week to keep the endgamers entertained. I'm somewhat exited to see the old raids again even though I'll probably be in there for only 10mins each :-D

Thanks!<3
    • Like x 4
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Nope. Open Episodes are great, but membership or owning the episode is better.

But remember that the contract line item currency will drop regardless of loot lock status and is account wide.
    • Like x 4
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For once! Yeah, nailed it.
    • Like x 9
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The marks and gear drop as long as you are not loot locked. So you can play all five raids on one character without resetting, and yes, you can play on different characters. Resetting works, too.

The contract line item drops regardless of loot lock, and will stop dropping once you have five/opened the box.
    • Like x 4
  17. BurntMind Active Player

oh wow, lame. old content stuff ZzzzZZzz thought was a new raid as an event so that new players along with old or end tier players could enjoy but uuuuuuuuuuuh nope.
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

What? Like the BoP episode that just came out? Cuz new and old can play the event version of that.
    • Like x 3
  19. ROOTE Well-Known Player

This is a tremendous idea. The last time the Q's for old content were popping was when we had to run it for catalysts. EVERYONE was running old content. Then the catalysts were monetized & the content became obsolete once again. It's good content though - I'm glad it's going to be reinvigorated even if only for a week.
    • Like x 3
  20. Irvynnge Loyal Player

legend!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.