It's time for the XxxxxX Chroma.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Quantum Rising, May 5, 2020.

1. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Cosmic Chroma.

I've got 3 toons with cosmic material but the idea of having a chroma with just one channel being cosmic and maybe the other two a metallic color WHICH YOU CAN CHANGE (like the current cosmic) would be AMAZING!

Please, please, please.
    • Like x 6
  2. Brit Loyal Player

I do not use any Materials. Ever.

I do not use Materials because they erase my color palette and/or remove my ability to customize my channels. Materials reduce customization options. Some look cool, but they just cannot be applied in cool ways.

I will begin using Materials when we get Tintable Chromas. I must be able to separate all three color slots, and I must be able to tint them to control the color. Until that time, I will not care about Materials.
    • Like x 2
  3. Heywiar Committed Player

Yess!!! We absolutely need a cosmic chroma!!
    • Like x 2
  4. Quantum Rising Committed Player

*crosses fingers*
    • Like x 1
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That would seriously be dope. They should make it and have six variables instead of the standard 3 and sell it in the marketplace as a pack.
    • Like x 2
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

That one and the Plasmic Chroma:

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  7. mynch457 Well-Known Player

That is one the biggest wants that I have right now, a Cosmic Chroma. There could be some much I could/would do with it! I have my fingers crossed that the Dev's are reading and paying attention!
    • Like x 2
  8. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I'm not a fan of the chromas as a whole really. They never seem to have the colors or effects on the parts of the gear piece I want them to be. I just wish they would have made regular materials able to be slotted wherever you want. Not sure why they can't if they can do it with chromas. Seems like a money grab tbh. I'm sure we will get remakes of all the materials in chroma form eventually
  9. dresserball Dedicated Player

Materials don't reduce customization at all. The add to it.
  10. Brit Loyal Player

We'll have to agree to disagree there. When they overwrite all the detail of the style you put together, the end result is that using a Material gives you less overall customization than going without one. No choice in color palette, no choice in slot placement, and the removal of style details to the point that many (for example, all the Slimlines) end up looking very similar if not outright identical, regardless of what you originally selected.

I get it that they do look cool, and they add a new option. But applying that one option removes several other options, so using them reduces customization. Like I said, if they start introducing Chroma Materials which allow for all three slots to be tintable, then I will likely use some. But until that day, I prefer to stick with my infinitely customizable color palette.
  11. Rainnifer Committed Player

If you look at it in the way of applying a material to singular/smaller pieces, not an entire slimline per se, you can keep your customizable color styles along with materials on certain parts of the outfit. That helps add "variety" and more options.

With only 4 color channels you're limited in what you can do with an outfit, adding a material or especially chroma can help expand the colors if needed. As well as possible textures you may want (E.g Metallic)

I think aside from different textures a fully tintable chroma would be kind of useless. It would achieve the same result as without one due to the limit in the amount of colors you can choose at once.
    • Like x 1
  12. dresserball Dedicated Player

The materials didn't take away your ability to use the 3 color tabs. They ADDED a new way to color your gear. They are additive.

You said it yourself that you still use the old way so nothing has been lost with their addition.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Phoenix Chroma and Negative Speed Force Chroma, Unicorn Chroma
    • Like x 2
  14. SekretVillain Loyal Player

If they do cosmic then I'd like to see a plasmic and possibly a nimbus chroma pack added to the MP along side the cosmic pack for say $20 each pack that is redeemable on all characters.
    • Like x 1
  15. Quantum Rising Committed Player

The possibilities are endless.
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Not to hear the developers talk.