Dev Discussion Episode 37: The Clock Tower (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stranger Well-Known Player

This 100%
  2. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

With considerable due respect I feel like the devs and designers may be drawing the wrong conclusions from some things. When I see posts regretting a change that is making it so people want to use 8 players instead of 5, I can't figure out why this is regretful.

This is not about challenge, it's about asking people to coordinate ALL 8 players outside of Elite. Please stop doing that. I have deaf players in my league that can't listen to a mic, colorblind players that have difficulty with charges etc. asking literally everyone to do everything is not good design. Before anyone says these players should be limited to event, that would be ableism. Devs, you should be happy with this change!

Furthermore, does anyone enjoy Trap Drones? At all? Please stop using mass breakouts as an obstacle. Some stunning is fine, but being unable to go a few feet without someone losing their loadout just adds tedium. During boss fights, it becomes an interesting mechanic, but in random hallways with no other adds, it is fairly dull as content goes.

Finally, it is unreasonable to expect cross-faction feats. Please combine those into one feat.

Overall I enjoy the layout of the raid and the first boss fight is amazing and fun.
    • Like x 4
  3. Stranger Well-Known Player

You might be right, it is easy to get into villain instance with event mode, since everybody (level 12+) can queue there. But sadly event doesn't last forever. With next DLC, new players will have troubles archiving this feat. Especially when random queue only searches 1 tank, though you need 2. (In regular mode)
    • Like x 1
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I would also like to add that the group I was just in wiped in normal lb with two healers because people weren’t doing what they’re supposed to, so it’s not like the fight is completely toothless without the pools.
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

It is funny that with all the corona social distancing going on, people still can't manage to stay away from each other in the ORCL Bot fight... I mean seriously. It's that simple: Stay away from each other and don't rush to every friggin' Supply Drop. If ppl go down, only the correct colors can rally. If you weren't rallied, get up and don't lie around.

Or in corona-times-words:

- 1 to 2 arm length distance to each other
    - only ppl from the household should have contact (read: same color)
    - if you are infected (K.O.'ed), don't keep haning around others (read: rally yourself and don't leave your k.o.'ed toon lying around).

Can't be that hard....

PS: First post since ~9 months, I'm back biatches ^^
    • Like x 2
  6. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

Any news on the shielded Pulse Bot getting perma stunned in the Elite version even though it shouldnt?
  7. Quixotic Developer

I fixed that over the weekend. It's waiting to be updated to the game which I think will happen in the next hotfix.

- Quixotic
  8. Quixotic Developer

Thanks for reposting that. I'll fix that feat (and the version for normal) to pop after the first boss has been defeated.

- Quixotic
  9. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Finally got league mates together last night since we didn't finish over weekend. I think we popped 5 feats last night. Anyway, if your tank is like me and pops their immunity on the ORCL bot V skull, no one gets pulled in, making the fight super easy.
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The last room is just way too small. A momentary lapse of concentration and the whole room is dead even on normal.
  11. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Nerdofprey. Said normal isn't meant to be a cakewalk. Maybe try event
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah I’m probably just not good enough for normal.
    • Like x 1
  13. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Awareness of your colour and those around you seemed key when I've successfully done it. That can be tricky when you get a blast back and you all end up in the same corner taking pulse damage though. :)
  14. HarryHell Well-Known Player

It is a cakewalk though. This episode is way to easy on normal, after they nerfed last boss in clocktower all bosses need to be buffed in normal.
    Ran with an overpowered group in Crown of thorns raid on normal and struggled more than an average group in BoP raids on normal.

For those saying, if you want a challenge run elite" my response is, if you don't want a challenge run event. Elite is its own world with the 1 revive limit. I try to run elite, and the biggest challenge should be there, but normal raids from newest episode should be challenging too.

Tip for clocktower last boss, if you dont want to reintrroduce pool mechanic insert some mobs so that the tank gets a little work
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

is it intended, that both shield drones always spawn on only 1 bot in the elite version of the raid?
  16. Stranger Well-Known Player

Can anyone tell me (maybe even a dev) how THIS should be possible?:

Especially because it's after first boss... you made such a BS position for Trap Drones?
    I was standing right in the middle of these two drones... how should i not activate them for feat then?...
    Only way is fly probably... thank you ! -.- :mad:
  17. Stranger Well-Known Player

Exobyte Overcharge - this is the ability that causes red and blue fields to be dropped in the room.
    • I reduced the frequency with which this ability is used to 30-35 seconds
    • One note: If you stand in the field that matches your color, you should be immune to the raid-wide AoE that results when someone stands in the opposite field or too close to an opposite color player.
    • Also reduced the damage from the resulting AoE in normal mode.
    • These changes should be in next update to PC Test.
    This is what you (Quixotic) wrote about Exobyte Overcharge.
    But i'm still getting dmg when i'm standing in a pool that matches my colours from others.
  18. Stranger Well-Known Player

Bug Report
    Smackdown Six is always granted since latest hotfix
  19. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

In the last boss of the elite version,players will get immunity to pool damage as soon as Oracle puts her hand in the air and it lasts until a few seconds after they place their pools(about 6-8 seconds).This makes it possible for people to stack pools on top of other pools even though theyre different colour than the player.Is this intended?
  20. Quixotic Developer

I adjusted that spot so that there should be more room to avoid all of those drones.

- Quixotic
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.