Test Discussion Spring Seasonal Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Apr 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

It doesn't need to be"closer to 20" it needs to be 20 exactly.

Think about it for a second, underneath the older reward setup as Batuba mentioned: You got 4 from the daily, and you got 6 from the instance..

That makes 10 spring marks per day in total underneath the old format, meaning it takes 2 days for 20 marks.

Now... If we do the same set of math with the new numbers: 6 from the daily, and 8 from the instance... That's 14.

But wait, that means it's still 2 days in both systems and one system has significantly less time for you to complete everything.

The new currency added isn't enough to justify the event shrinking down to only two weeks, either revert the currency back or make it 20 to go with the projections.

An Extra 4 Marks isn't enough in exchange for losing out on 16 additional days of farming the seasonal event, either way you slice this: This is still a net loss.

This needs to be addressed.
    • Like x 1
  2. Zamara Dedicated Player

do you know how many days it's going to last? if it lasts at least 1 more day over 14 we would get enough marks to get both of this year's new feats, i did the math
    If it was exactly 14 days: 14 marks/day x 14 days = 196 marks (missing 4 marks for both feats)
    With just one more day we'd get 14 extra marks putting us on 210, enough marks to get 2 of the new feats (10 marks left after getting both feats):
    There's a new 25 pts base item feat (for collecting 10 of this year's base items) we're spending at least 100 marks for that one (10 marks per base item assuming you don't want the ones at 20 marks), could be done with alts, don't think i saw any item as non tradeable
    For the 50 pts style feat you need 100 marks, there's 2 styles required and each of them cost 50 marks, both styles have to be bought on the same character iirc so alts are not an option here.
    That's 200 marks right there just for this year's feats.
    If you can't run more than 1 character you'll have to run the event every day if it's that short.
    There's a third feat but that one doesn't seem to require marks at all from what i've seen.
  3. SilkyPawz Bunny

Hi Batuba, thank you for responding, sorry it was early in the morning for me when I went on test and got the instances confused but not the total amount that we would generally get from the Spring Seasonal event. I did just login on test saw what you mentioned about the half cost of the styles, however None of the base items have been priced at half which contribute to the feat, will they be reduced as well?

My issue is being fair to all the players while you are taking 110 seed pods away, who is to say how many styles will be next year or any other items needed for feats, you did raise how much we got but I do not think it's enough for what you are taking away. The seasonal currency in the marketplace isn't being reduced only the amount we are getting. I hope you will reconsider raising the indoor an outdoor if you are reducing the amount of time, I don't mind the reduced time I know it bothers other people.

Please be fair instead of chasing more people off, you doing this in many people eyes seems like a move for people to buy the seasonal currency in the marketplace.

On another note The New Base Items are Awesome, whoever did them Super Job!! :D
    • Like x 3
  4. Proxystar #Perception

In an ideal world it would be 20, I just don't know the reasoning behind why the developers are making this change, although I'm sure many might say "money", putting that reason aside as correct or incorrect I'm just also realistic, if the developers are going to make a change they're going to make a change whether we like it or not.

I support making it 20 marks, but if it can't be 20 marks for whatever reason, then I think it needs to be somewhere better than 14. :)

Also I'm actually a fan of shorter compressed events as long as the rewards are priced appropriately and mark rewards are adequate, quite happy to see them all shrunk to 2 weeks as long as that requirement is met.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

The other option is those two styles receive a price drop, it seems they're more expensive then usual because there is no collection this time around.
  6. Zamara Dedicated Player

I agree, i got to this game when it was on i think its third anniversary i had to catch up on i think 3 years of seasonal feats, and that was with month long events, iirc it took me two years to be caught up with all the seasonal feats, and i was running 6 alts, can't imagine how overwhelmed a new player will be with 9 years worth of feats, less marks and a 2 week event. Altough for them it'll be their first time on the event and they'll most likely think that's the norm for seasonals.
    • Like x 1
  7. Zamara Dedicated Player

Yeah i saw that too, weren't styles usually 25 each? maybe they were they increased because we get more marks per day?
  8. LastMight Active Player

Very Presumptuous of you to assume season 2 of survival mode will be coming anytime soon considering the inconsistent track record of this dev team but we can only hope this is in the works!
  9. SilkyPawz Bunny

Most items On All Seasonal vendors are Base items, sorry to say if you half some that is not most when most is Base items.
    • Like x 2
  10. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Wait so the discount hasn't been applied to the base items?

... I'm done. There's already far too many "Should's" going on in this thread that need to happen, but aren't.
    • Like x 1
  11. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

You haven't halved (proper spelling of the past tense) most of the items, let alone pretty much all of the previous year's items. There is no way for a returning or new player to catch up here. MMO's are supposed to offer two paths to completing content: GRIND and PayTo Win. Dimensional Ink has been eroding the ability for a player to implement meaningful grind in this game and making options such as pay to win the only real pathway for some time now. They started this since the break away from SOE and it's just getting worse as time passes. That's why things change so much from DLC to DLC. The lack of consistency is evidence of their search for the next big squeeze on our wallets.
    • Like x 2
  12. SilkyPawz Bunny

Correct , when I went on test a lil bit ago None of the base items were Half off.
    • Like x 1
  13. myandria Item Storage

Why? What was the reason to shorten this event? This will cause the lag to worsen, as players will want to spend as much time in the seasonal events to get those seed pods. It doesn't matter how many more seed pods you grant; it means nothing if you have only 2 weeks to gather what you need to purchase from the vendor AND the price of the new seasonal items are higher.

It seems to me that the devs want players who like the seasonal events to spend more money by creating a situation that "nudges" them to purchase seasonal currency from the Marketplace instead of freely grinding for them.

A seasonal event should feel like it will last for part of a "season"; therefore, it should always be at least a month long. A two week seasonal is no different than a Week-End event; get in, get yer stuff, get out. Feels like a slap in the face in my opinion.:(

I can see the broker prices for these items jump to astronomical levels because of how little time you are granting to obtain seasonal vendor items. Spring Event vendor items are high priced to begin with; please do not give another reason for players to raise those prices even further.

Suggestion:

If the Spring Event will add to the server lag, then do not run it all and make the Spring Event Vendor available. Grant 150 seed pods to every player or allow players to convert Source Marks into Seed Pods so those items can be purchased. I think this idea would have helped the devs sell the idea of a 2 week seasonal, as there will be no seasonal event running at all and there is no need to have a lonely seasonal vendor available for more than 2 weeks. In my opinion, having a recurring seasonal event put on hold or cancelled with alternative options is better than having a full event available for 2 weeks.
    • Like x 2
  14. Batuba Developer

We left previous year's base items at 6 as we felt that was a good spot for them to stay at as they remain low cost, however, the larger items like styles, accessories, etc were brought down by 50% which should reduce the total amount of Seed Pods needed for older items and feats by a decent amount. We will take another look at how many Seed Pods we are granting or the general cost of this year's items and see if we feel any adjustments need to be made.
    • Like x 1
  15. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

Being that the majority of items on the seasonal vendor are base items, that does't fit with the reduction of marks that we are getting and being able to catch up from previous years. There are still many base items that cost more than 6 seed pods for this and previous years base items.
    • Like x 4
  16. SilkyPawz Bunny

The Complaint here is this years base items 2 of them cost 20 seed pods each the rest are 10 each, I know the feat is for any 10 base items. The point is you are Taking away 114 seed pods away from US the Players it's not 20 or 40 seed Pods but 114 Seed pods total, how is that fair even if you reduced the stye items the Majority Seasonal items on any Seasonal vendor is Base items.
    • Like x 4
  17. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

I feel like this is also not a positive direction here due to the fact that there's a feat for completing this for 10 days. A feat easily acquired with a time frame of 30 days...now its 14 , that's a tight window. This whole change up seems redundant and unnecessary.
    • Like x 1
  18. Stranger Well-Known Player

Well... maybe they shortened it because of new survival mode comin? #Almost1Year
  19. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...I hope not. Seasonal Events should not be shortened because of a Survival Mode launch; it has a more flexible timetable. I think Survival Mode should be launched between the Summer and Halloween Events because there is a large gap of time between them (about 3 months).
    • Like x 1
  20. hoaxone Committed Player

Off the top of my head, just spitballing here, if you shorten the event by half you should increase the rewards by x2....not +2. Or ALL items should be halved, not select items.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.