Test Discussion Spring Seasonal Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, Apr 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batuba Developer

Hey all,

Please use this thread to report any bugs or feedback in regards to Spring Seasonal Event Rewards.

Thanks!

Batuba
  2. Aerith Rose Committed Player

The new base items look really pretty. I am glad we finally got a waterfall. I don’t like some of them costing 20 marks. Going to make it harder to decorate =/
    • Like x 1
  3. Robot Savage Level 30

i agree they cost way to much, i believed the st pa tricks day base items were like 6 marks each and that made it much more reasonable to obtain, not everyone has 200 toons to run the seasonal to farm marks or the time at that, i sure dont, i usually never have enough for the 100x marks items plus decent base items, it usually one or the other. AANND you can throw out " well you can always but the base items off the broker" out the window with everything getting a 15mil price tag slapped onto them off the bat by greedy players.
    • Like x 1
  4. Batuba Developer

The Spring Seasonal event was shortened to approximately 2 weeks. With that we've increased the amount of Seed Pods you earn. With this change, you'll notice getting 20 seed pods will not take too long.
    • Like x 2
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Why shortened it though?????
  6. an81angel Well-Known Player

Why are you shortening the seasonal events?
    It's much easier (less stressful) when you have more time to do the events. A lot of people still have to go to work during the quarantine. Shortening the event is going to make it even harder for those out there that still have jobs to do. Those few that still have jobs are the ones that still have money to spend supporting your game. I look forward to these events and I really dislike that DInc. is shortening the best way to get housing items in this game.
    • Like x 6
  7. SilkyPawz Bunny

@Batuba, the Amount is off? the outdoor is giving 8 so for 2 weeks, 14 days x 8 = 112, the indoor is giving 6 like it always has so 14 days x 6 = 84 which amounts to 196 seed pods for 14 days, We got 6 for indoor 4 for outdoor for 31 days last year that's 310 seed pods, you are taking 104 seed pods away from us. That is not fair at all Please raise the amount then to equal to the 310 we got for all the previous years.
    • Like x 6
  8. Swifty Mugiwara Active Player

Not sure if this is an over sight but we are getting short changed again just like in the st patricks day event
    the amount of marks need to be increased if you are shortening the event from a month to 2 weeks
    also older items from the event should be decreased in mark value new or returning players will never be able to catch up with feats unless buying the marks from the market place
    buying the marks should be a convenience not a necessity
    please up the marks before this goes live
    thank you
    • Like x 4
  9. AZPrime Active Player

Any insight as to why it was shortened? One of the best aspects of monthly seasonals is giving the players more than enough time to grind out marks to earn all the items from the event. Plus, considering that it costs so many seed pods to buy all of this years new items and we're only earning 196 total over two weeks, it's literally impossible to get everything on a single character without spending money on replays or buying seed pods directly from the marketplace. Not to mention that newer players have to buy items from previous years as well.

If I did the math correctly, we'd have to earn at least 23 seed pods a day to equal how much we earned in previous years.
    • Like x 4
  10. Eve YouTuber

We barely get to enjoy the events now. :\
    • Like x 1
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Given the timing, I think this has something to do with Survival Mode returning. They probably want a small buffer between the two events instead of having them run back to back or overlap.

Last year’s SM started May 29.
  12. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

So since I work rotating shifts, I will only have basically one week to get what I need for feats. Thanks somewhat for the heads up.
  13. Aerith Rose Committed Player

If this is true can we have a slight increase to the marks for the daily qued event.
  14. Aerith Rose Committed Player

My guess is the delayed the event due to the new DLC and trying to fix the lag issues. Normally the event would be out before May.

On the one hand I like the idea of double marks and shorter duration as it makes it go faster. Down side of course is if you miss a day it’s like missing 2.
  15. Zamara Dedicated Player

Giving us the chance to earn the same amount of marks in the shorter time period we're getting by giving us more marks per day makes sense
    What doesn't make sense is the way you're increasing this year's items based on the current increase of marks.
    Lets check the math:
    We used to earn 10 marks per day, a basic base item was 6 marks, conveniently the same amount of marks we would earn from just doing the instance.
    How it's cirrently on test we earn 14 marks per day, and the same type of base item costs 10 marks, with the changes you made, in order to gain those marks we have to run both the instance and the outside section now, which translates into us having to invest more time and resources for the same type of item
    If the instance was fixed as the outside section was to compensate for the shorter time we're having the event around we'd get 12 marks from the instance assuming it was doubled, making it relatively the same to get the item as it was in previous years
    And makes catching up easier but new players and other players who might be behind on feats
    Incresing them to 12 and 8 makes up for the increase in the new style items too (which i think was 25 before for similar items?)
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa there

[IMG]

You're shortening the event, but why? Also as others have pointed out you're reducing the total mark yield.

I note that you've actually reduced the pricing of the previous years rewards by 50% except on all base items, why are the older base items not reduced to 3 marks? Especially given you've increase the current years base item rewards to 20 and 10.

Can you take a look at this along with the total marks rewarded for the content, thanks.
    • Like x 4
  17. Batuba Developer

You used to get 4 for completing the instance and now you get 6. You used to also get 6 from daily mission to which now you get 8. We missed the note within the patch notes that we've also pretty much halfed all previous years item costs on the Spring Seasonal Vendor.
    • Like x 2
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Are you guys serious here, why do you guys insist on throwing unpopular decisions that Nobody was asking for?

Everyone was asking for the prices to be do-able or for the rewards to be increased, nowhere was there anybody saying that the Spring Seasonal needs to be the Exact same length as the Saint Patrick's seasonal.

20 marks a day sounds nice, but you're forgetting the other side of the spectrum. If someone misses out on a single day from the seasonal event(Like myself, because there's a high chance I'll be working long hours during The Month of May..) that means you won't get those 20 marks and have barely two weeks left to catch up, that's a huge setback with no chance of recovering until next year rolls around.

It also means I don't get time for a break in-between farming out the missions, meaning that this setup has a high chance of burning out your playerbase with the spring seasonal.

Seasonals should be fun, inviting and refreshing to do: You should want the rewards, and you should be able to do it within a reasonable pace.

This right here is the opposite. You can't run it at a pace(16 extra days is a lot, whether you believe it or not.) and you'll burn yourself out doing it.

and pardon me for asking, but what's the whole idea of shortening a traditional seasonal to begin with? You guys never did this approach with any seasonal before hand and your doing it now.

with all due respect, Is it too hard for you guys just to throw these folks a bone here without some form of a catch like this?

Edit: Didn't know the prices for the old stuff got reduced, that may help.
    • Like x 2
  19. Zamara Dedicated Player

It's not 20 marks per day, it's 14 marks per day, they increased each mission by 2 marks
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Batuba You've seemingly only halved the style items, collections and trinkets, the base items make up a massive chunk of seasonal rewards, I'm not sure that's really "pretty much all" items.

Why are the previous years base items not being halved as well? And I think you missed the "bark skin" that's still 100 marks, pretty sure that wasn't 200 marks previously.

Also if previously we got 10 marks a day and now get 14 marks a day, but you've halved the duration of the event, why isn't, or why can't this number be closer to 20? How about raising it to 8 for the instance and 10 for outdoors as a compromise?
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.