Clock Tower normal.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Project Mother Box New Player

Says the person that immediately says how hard content is every time it drops. Nothing to see here.
  2. Project Mother Box New Player

Has it ever occurred to you that you might be actually simply trolling here for attention? I've checked out your main and your alt on the census API, and if you're failing this content, then I'm not sure how you have the feats from it?
    • Like x 3
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Nope, I really was looking for advice on how to survive the encounter. I did luck out and find parties that could win without me after posting the thread, but I feel like a fraud when that happens. :(

If you have any pearls of wisdom to add, then please share. You do seem very knowledgeable for a “new player”.
  4. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

If you're trolling you can use your SC when the problematic add spawns. Try telling your group about the add, let them know when it spawns, and them you'll use your SC but they need to burn it down asap. Maybe put Personal Dampening Field on your utility? If you're not trolling then ask your troll to use their SC, and call it out when the add spawns.

Good luck!

And remember if it's just not fun, do event, have a romp, get some marks and go onto something that is fun for you. I totally understand wanting to beat the challenge, and prove your capabilities, but you can always go back to it.
    • Like x 4
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I got carried through it so I think I’ll just wait now until I have the augs to shield me from the DOT so the add can’t kill me instantly. It’s been noted in another thread that the pulse adds are behaving erratically and can nail you as soon as it spawns, possibly due to the chronic performance issues. Even if I could get people to listen, I’m not sure what they could do.
  6. Miss Adora Loyal Player

if tank doesn't pull pulse bot, have someone lunge at it, it will stop the aoe attack
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Will do but I think the lag lets it get a attack off before I see it.
  8. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Ikr
    • Like x 1
  9. L T Devoted Player

The toxic replies in this thread make my head hurt. And some of those have likes, which just makes me sad.

Don't feel bad. On the test server, a common strategy was to only have 4 players actually go into the fight. It truly only takes one player in the group to make beating this nearly impossible. We had that guy with us last night-- I think he was purposely trying to kill me as the tank-- and we beat the instance by not picking him up.

Like most mechanic-heavy fights, using voice chat to call out blocks, tell people they're too close, or reminding the tank or troll that adds have spawned is very helpful. Some pug groups will respond to a plea of "instance chat please, everyone". Others there's just no helping.
    • Like x 8
  10. Controller Devoted Player

I'm personally bothered a bit that they did away with the colored circles....I was just getting used to the color changes for the players and then start noticing the new mechanic....

I've read they did away with this? Because of the lag? Is it still in Elite?

The raid can be a mess - even a week into it. Had half the group wipe yesterday but everyone seemed prudent enough to AT LEAST do pickups, thankfully...

My advice to the OP is basically what others here have said - just stay alert and when your toon changes to red or blue I'd personally run to the closest LIKE color toon(s)...

If / When your toon changes again then find like colored toons again.

A group shield popped helps out as well. I've gotten quite liberal with mines towards the end of the last boss.

Hang in there - no one here is a stud - takes a raid PARTY to get raids completed.

This raid illustrates to me that one or two people - even on a regular raid - can wipe a party if they're not aware of mechanics. I personally had to watch with care what I was doing in this raid.

You'll make it and never give up.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. Brit Loyal Player

The biggest problem I have had (since the removing of the circles, at least) is the insistence of some players that they want to run around every time they change colors.

"Red on left. Blue on right." That is a fancy way of saying "Everyone who changed colors, please meet in the middle for a huge amount of spike damage to be spread to each other entirely unnecessarily.

Just stay put. Literally the boss's most powerful attack is to pull everybody together into the same place, and let the polarizing fields kill everyone. Don't do the boss's job for them by running through the middle in some sort of side-swapping hopscotch that literally serves no purpose.

Just stand around the border of the room, spread out, and don't be an idiot and stand too close to other people. That means don't crowd in on the other player who is already in the corner. Don't join in the melee reach when the boss is being held by the Tank. Go to your spot, and STAY THERE.
    • Like x 5
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Knowing how long you've been around and being pretty sure you know these kind of threads, I would have thought that you knew how these kind of threads would go. There is literally no change whatsover over the last few years - and I've been away for almost a year. Nothing changed. It's still the same old "boohooo I am either tooooo bad (please tell me it's not me) or the raid is tooooooooo hard in non-event mode". Never has been anything else. Every raid. Even in alerts. Not only does it seem like some people can't be taught (and I even tried it ingame) but they will still cling to the thought that it's everyone else but not them who is at fault...

You have litereally seen any helpful advice in this thread that is possible. I just ran it multiple times today - on normal with the worst pugs ever probably, and we still beat it. While it might in fact be the first raid where I think that it is the other players and not you, communication via chat or VC is still key. Always has been, always will.

- Boss middle, everyone around the bot. It's just a geometrical fact that if you tank a boss in the outer aera of a cirle, this leaves less space for the group. Simple as that. Anyone not getting this, lacks basic visual thinking.
    - Stand in a circle around the boss, the distance is basically like 1 1/2 to 2 supply drops between each other. Maybe this gives a better picture to imagine it. Don't get near other colors. Three-year-olds can manage that...
    - The ORCL Pulse-Bot is vulnerable to interrupt. Like all the time, really. That being said and knowing how long you've been around, you should a) know what a lunge is and b) how to clip a lunge. Bäm easy.
    - Skull -> Block. You basically know this since the initial Brainiac Ship...

Not necessary relevant infos, if everyone just follows the 4 points mentioned above:

- Don't use other's supply drops, don't rally blue ppl as red toon and vice versa.
    - If you die, escape. No point lying around if you weren't rallied. Your toon keeps its color and such can harm the other colored ppl.

And lastly I like to repeat: if you get one shotted by the Pulse-Bot then you either have encountered a hidden bug that only you suffer from or it is not the bot that kills you since I've never seen it hitting for 120k+ damage in a single hit. Never. Seen. It. Happen.
    But then again, maybe you wear something like Sunstone Bulwark and your HP total is 10k. I don't know.

And super duper lastly: I ran stuff with you last year after I explained stuff to you here on the forums. Like lunging last boss in Atlantis Alert when he does his impaling thorn thingy. I ran with you more than once. Guess what, I never saw you lunging for others nor breaking out and lunging yourself if you were hit. It was always someone like Ekart, me or whoever was in there with uns.

And what really does it say about your willingness to adapt? Because you weren't only told how to itentify mechanics when you see them but also how to respond. But apparently you did not care enough.

So, now in this world wide isolation, maybe you will finally find time to actually learn what you're doing? Because if you won't but keep going these threads, you will never ever see any other responses here. You might still feel miserable and nothing changes.
    The real responsibilty for changing anything in that matter - is yours. If you don't want to, hop into Event. You don't really need anything that drops from Normal anyways since it will still be "too hard".
    • Like x 4
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What the heck are you talking about with the Atlantis alert? I don’t even remember running that with you. Are you really fabricating stories to discredit me now? And the bot kills me because I was already weakened by the constant exoblasts. AS I HAVE ALREADY SAID. But it looks like you’re no longer interested in what I’ve actually said and done, just an image of me generated by a year out of the loop combined with outright falsehoods.
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

Let's say my story not happening is an alternative fact. You know I can remember quite a bit stuff and did you really think you weren't a topic to talk about when we ran with you? It was always only occational and not planned but I really don't care who's in group when I go for an alert or normal raid. I could even look if I still have footage on my old hdd or something but by all means, do what you want. It was just something colorful that pretty much represented your attitude towards running content and its mechanics. I think I could run any content with you right now and tell you how much mechanics you are ignoring.
    I really don't need to discredit you at all. In fact there were enough occations where I tried the opposite. But returning after a year seeing that literally nothing changed just bothers me a bit...

As for your exoblasts ... if you are really that low due to the exo blasts that a shield, that the bot, who only damages someone if he is not interrupted, can kill you, then you just have a super bad healer with you.
    Also, it does not change the fact. If you really really really go down due to the bot, it is still on you and your group(s) since there is like a 3s delay between it spawning and starting to channel (being vulnerable to interrupt). 3s are fairly enough to switch target (to the only other one available and start lunging and clippin). I would show you if I would still think that this would help.

My final advice might be to only run event until you get your augments up. Even though I still think that there will be something else by then that makes it impossible for you to run any content.
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I was actually going to ask if you’d give me a hand ingame. Glad I didn’t if you’re making stuff up and talking about me like that behind my back. I thought we were friends. :(
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

Nobody has to discredit you. You do a fantastic job of that all by yourself.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

devs shut this thread down
    • Like x 2
  18. hardlightX2 New Player

I seen a atomic tank solo it. That was cool to see