Dev Discussion Episode 37: The Clock Tower (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Five is fine developer! Ty
    • Like x 1
  2. Stranger Well-Known Player

Charged Drones are respawning way too quick... not even know where to move as tank, everywhere needles, poison, arrows, lightning, skulls, and plants... and not to forget about the trap drones...
  3. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Yeah, for normal it’s fine, let elite stay as is
    • Like x 1
  4. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

I have to agree with Nezquick. Five seconds is an awful long time for normal mode. I'd say four seconds would be the most I'd think necessary.
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah if people want elite to be that intense, then they’re entitled to it. But normal is supposed to be for people like me who wanna put in a little effort, but don’t have mad reflexes or regular access to a super capable team.
    • Like x 1
  6. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

Elite version

Im quoting you here :
    In Elite during the final fight, one of the ORCL Pulse-bot adds will spawn with 2 ORCL Shield Drones that will shield that Pulse-bot. The shield drones must be defeated before that Pulse-bot can be harmed or interrupted. This is intended as a dps check.

So supposedly the ORCL Pulse Bot that gets shielded by the Shielding Drones cannot be interrupted which makes
    that mechanic a damage check.

Although for some reason,one can permamently stun & interrupt both of the ORCL Pulse Bots even without destroying the Shielding Drones.

Which in the end it makes it easier to just ignore the damage check just by stunning or lunging the ORCL Bots and just focus on Oracle since she already has a low health pool and that bossfight can last about 5 minutes.
  7. Coldzoom Well-Known Player

5 seconds should be good enough for me in normal, thank you.

Now fix the lag
  8. Quixotic Developer

In testing, a shielded Pulse-bot couldn't be interrupted or stunned until the shield drones were gone. If that's not true now, then something is definitely wrong there.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  9. metro2k Well-Known Player

the mechanics are ignoble, just play in event mode
  10. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Same mechanic in event. But then you've got a bunch of level 15's in the group who don't have any idea how to play. (Devs - no event version should have something so complicated).
  11. Tangent Line Level 30

Five seconds is way too forgiving for a regular raid; 2 seconds is also too short for a regular raid. Please meet us somewhere in the middle.
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

In the <Elite> version only is it possible to have the colour pools revert back similarly to what they were on the original build on test server where the pools last longer than 1 phase. Right now you know for certain that the pool you placed will disappear before you have to place the next one so it creates a situation where the group can easily spread out and never have to move from their spot. If the first pool placed lasted through the 2nd placed pool phase it would force players to re-position and move in a pattern and have more communication/self-awareness without completely changing the fight itself.

I believe that would be a good measure in adding some difficulty to the final encounter along with the previous statement that the bots shouldn't have zero willpower.
    • Like x 1
  13. PyroJester New Player

Just got done doing the event version on an alt and last boss was brutally unforgiving esp for that level. First the pools would sometimes not be there and everyone would die (I'm assuming they weren't visible to us and we were standing in wrong color pools). Second having 15+ new players doing that mechanic I don't see that being a fun time.

Otherwise I do enjoy the raid.
  14. Quixotic Developer

We're removing the Exobyte Overcharge fields from the Event and Normal versions of the raid. Along with some other tuning adjustments ease off some of the difficulty, especially to the Event version.

None of those adjustments will effect the Elite version. In contrast to the Normal and Event changes, Exobyte Overcharge will occur a bit more frequently in Elite and will still drop the fields.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 2
  15. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

And we went from 3 seconds to having the mechanic completely removed... I feel like there was a step in the middle that probably should've been tried first....
    • Like x 3
  16. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I think Normal was fine. Quite enjoyable raid, like both raids quite a bit. I get why you would nerf the event, but once you got the strategy down in reg its not bad at all and quite enjoyed it. I really appreciate the recent raids getting away from tank and spank.
    • Like x 2
  17. Han Lower Level 30

Please don’t remove from normal. Maybe have less pools if you have to change something. The challenge and teamwork needed to complete the fight was something we haven’t had since origin crisis,and was actually enjoyable. Engaging the population instead of classic tank n spank is what makes this game enjoyable. Remove it from the event but not normal.
    • Like x 4
  18. Miss Adora Loyal Player

can't tell if it was the major lag but sometimes the skull didn't show up on the last boss fight before being pulled.
  19. Telnano Active Player

I did the Event Version on PCPS EU some misn ago, think the ORACL bot has to much HP (or Lifepoints) for an Event Boss.
  20. HarryHell Well-Known Player

Please do not remove this in normal, if anything buff other bossfights. The bossfights from this episode is great but a little too easy except from lex in volcano mining facility.
    The mechanics during the last bossfight in clocktower are not that hard if group is willing to learn, we need a small challenge in normal versions as well.

If you let this mechanics stay, the community will have no problem with this in a few days, just like the Barbatos bossfight from the previous episode.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.