Dev Discussion Episode 37: The Clock Tower (Raid)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Welcome to Episode 37: Birds of Prey! This is the feedback thread for the The Clock Tower 8-player raid.

Aggravated by Oracle's constant interference, Lex has launched an attack on her in the one location she thought was safe: her Clock Tower. It's up to you to rescue her! Even Calculator is on board, though only because he insists on being the one to take Oracle down. How dare Lex try to rob him of that!

Please post comments and feedback for this raid, and be sure to let me know which version you were playing: event, normal, or elite.

Thanks!
    - Quixotic
  2. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

The elite version of this raid 1st boss fight has a huge delay,everything is lagging for whole group,i am not sure if this is same for regular version.
  3. Ully Committed Player

The content is unplayable because of lag.
    • Like x 1
  4. Nezquick Level 30

hello! Couple things so far, raid has a lot of lag. The last boss...you might want to look at how often the damage pulses when you’re doing pool...the raid is kinda bugged I think? Sometimes we have time to make it to the other pool, sometimes we don’t...also, when people are using transformation trinkets they’re not getting the color auras.
    • Like x 1
  5. August Moon Well-Known Player

i do hate to be this guy to tell you but the lag issues in every instance make this new dlc completely unplayable , the very worse is the 8 player clock tower at first i thought it was just me but everyone in the league has reported it in both the alert and the raid (also swear warning , did not have time to edit the curses out)

• Like x 1
  6. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Laaaaaaaag is horrible! I dont know if anyone else mentioned this yet! :D
  7. Perdition Committed Player

Is it intended to pretty much get one-shotted during the last boss if a pool spawns under you? We didnt even had time to react and move out of it. From the moment they spawned, everyone was dead.

I was tanking (red material on me) a pool spawned underneath me (blue) and suddenly i was dead. Not even a second to react to it. Is this due the lag that everyone is speaking of? So far as lag, the main issue i saw with it was in the alert.

Forgot to mention: the raid we did was on normal, not elite.
    • Like x 1
  8. Quixotic Developer

When someone of the opposite color triggers a field from Exobyte Overcharge, it does about 35-36% of a player's max health in normal and hits everyone in the fight. That happens for each player standing in an opposite color field, so it can escalate quickly if you let it.

When a field first drops, the player who drops it will have 2 second to move out of the field without triggering it.

Standing in a same color field will protect you from the damage from these fields and from the damage of two opposite color players standing too close to one another. But be careful...if standing in the same color field when your color is swapped, you'll only have a few seconds to safely get out of it before triggering it.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 2
  9. an81angel Well-Known Player

Any chance you could move the soder vendor closer to the spawn point at the top of the clock tower. when people start dying and have to backtrack to find it, they have to travel all the way back to the elevator. This is very inconvenient.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Is that what the augments do to help out ?Negate the damage from the pools?
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That seems very excessive for a normal raid. We shouldn’t be able to ignore the mechanics but we shouldn’t need twitch reflexes to survive either.
    • Like x 2
  12. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

it seems a lot less than 2 seconds. Maybe it was due to all the lag. Those who beat this yesterday kudos, the lag made it intolerable for my league!
    • Like x 2
  13. Quixotic Developer

The augments protect you from the DoT caused by Exoblast, which is a different attack from that fight.

- Quixotic
    • Like x 1
  14. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

thats what kept killing me! It was invisible damage just killing me over and over even while blocking yesterday! The log kept saying that’s what knocked me out, but i saw nothing physically hitting me.

Thanks for that!
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

This is a nice raid! Probably one of the better and more challenging raids we have gotten in a while (besides Charon's raid content).

I think we need maybe a second longer on reaction time for the red/blue pool phases on last boss in normal at least. Insta-wipe and if you are a combo power or might DPS and stuck in animation its very unfriendly to those players, unless maybe your heal/s is/are exceptional (and again certain heal powers will benefit more). Certain powers/playstyles will be the meta for this boss fight and everything else will struggle to keep up. Elite is hard here and should be but the reaction time for getting out of the pools even in normal is a bit too low and unforgiving to other play styles unless your single target damage is very high and/or the healing in the group is good enough to heal through any initial mistakes through that short bracket of reaction time.

Again lag may be a part factor in the low reaction time but even still precision flurry shot DPS is pretty important for this raid (especially last boss) even the normal version. And reasonable artefacts.

TL;DR Tune down the reaction time to red/blue pools in the NORMAL version of this raid slightly to allow even competent players who are might or have animations/combos to consider to react and move to their pool colour.
    • Like x 3
  16. Perdition Committed Player

Yeah i understand the mechanic. The thing is, yesterday when we did it, we didnt even had a second to react. It spawned and bam, all dead. Not even a chance to remove. It was the same issue as show in the video in this thread.
  17. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Still the same problem today as Perdition mentioned - damage is pretty much instantaneous.
  18. Quixotic Developer

I'm more than willing increase the reaction time for getting out of the Exobyte Overcharge fields. I start the process and see if I can get approval to do so. I'm thinking I'l increase it from 2 seconds to 5 seconds to help account for combos, etc.

- Quixotic

Update: This will be 3 seconds in elite and 5 seconds everywhere else. Should be in the next hotfix.
    • Like x 7
  19. Nezquick Level 30

I think 5 seconds might be too much & will dumb it down to an unnecessary level. Please look into 3 seconds, 3.5 the most. I think that’s more than being fair. I hate to see content get dumbed down so much.
    • Like x 2
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Five seconds is fine for normal.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.