Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i can't buy this cowl due to the economy situation of my country . i just saying that that 2 cowls from the injustice would be awsome to the game in fact that cowl appear in a batman difital comic . another cowl that would be awsome it' would be this one
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. M2ThaDot New Player

plastic man
  3. Zhayrr New Player

How about a Grim Knight set.
    • Like x 1
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

1) The cowl from Batman: Digital Justice is actually quite different from the Injustice 2 cowl you posted. When colored green, the eye lenses look similar, but the overall shape of the Injustice 2 cowl is very different.

2) The second one you posted today is too similar to the Dark Knight Cowl we already have available in the Marketplace. The only true difference is the eyes glowing blue, which you MIGHT be able to achieve with the right face style added on top of the Dark Knight Cowl. The in-game style has its eyes color-locked to white because that was apparently one of the contractual requirements imposed by DC Comics on Daybreak Games as part of the licensing agreement that allowed Daybreak to put that style into the game.

3) That third cowl, in fact, that whole costume, is the Golden Age First Appearance costume for Batman. Given that the Devs base almost all of the styles sets they make on the Modern Age New 52 and Rebirth Era costumes, it's highly unlikely they'd give us an 80-year old version of Batman's costume in any way, shape, or form.

Now then, back to that Injustice 2 cowl. The closest you can get to it in-game right now requires you to combine the Dark Knight Cowl from the Marketplace with the Oan Tech Mask Face Style, but it is admittedly not very close. Regardless, here's how that looks:

[IMG]

[IMG]

I colored the Oan Tech Mask with the Silver Material to make it easier to see how the Dark Knight Cowl clips through the face mask, as it does with a lot of face styles. And the Oan Tech Mask doesn't have "eyes" of its own, rather, it has large openings to show the eyes that are inside of it. So you still wouldn't have your green eye lenses.

As for being unable to afford the Dark Knight Cowl in the Marketplace, that's unfortunate for you, as there's no way to get it any other way, but it's an absolutely necessary style for anyone wanting to make a "Wannabat" character. Without the 2 head styles in that pack, you're left with only the Batgirl/Daring Vigilante head style for a Batman Cowl. That's not nearly as satisfactory, since there are a number of noticeable differences between it and the proper Dark Knight Cowl on the Marketplace. :oops:
  5. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

Free N95 mask for DC toons to do their part.

Front line healers risking their lives. Protect yourself and your neighbor toons.
  6. Angel Vessel New Player

I would LOVE some more wings styles! One with four or six big angel wings, bigger angel wings on female toons, and fallen angel wings (like a destroyed and torn up wings of sin. Also some demon wings too. Especially if you guys do like a split personality wing style where one half is an angel and the other side is a demon. That would be awesome!
    • Like x 1
  7. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i am jut saying we need more variaty of cowl .basically i can¿t purchase the batman cowl due to the economy of my country because the expresident used the states found to pay his millonary family's debt and the previous president of him who rules for 8 years stole money from the state who is a friend of the cartel and also worked with terrosrtis and now is a vicepresident and with the current presidents who also is stupid because to their stupids actions they destroyed the economy i nthe context their rise the taxes more hight and thounsand of jobs factory shops were closed . i am just saying i got fire from my job due to economic devaluation.

[IMG]
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

At least DCUO characters have ready access to a variety of "gas masks" and "rebreathers" that can be selected during Character Creation, or obtained for very low in-game cost! They're easier to find than masks are In Real Life! :confused:
    • Like x 1
  9. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i want to have this one
    [IMG]
    OR WE CAN GET THIS ONE

[IMG]
    or that cowl or emblem[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Since you clearly weren't a member when the Sony Online Entertainment servers were hacked in late 2011, leading to not only this game, but also all PlayStation Live services, being shutdown for like 2 months, while at the same time players had to deal with the fact that their personal info was stolen, including any credit card info they had stored online with Sony, that's why you don't have that Head Style and will NEVER have it. That was an exclusive gift reserved for players that were victims of the Hack, who then chose to come back After the Hack and give SOE and DCUO another chance, despite the fact that their personal, confidential info had been compromised.

So, you know, if you'd like to ALSO be a VICTIM of a major cyber crime, and have your credit card info stolen, and possibly your identity as well, then maybe Daybreak Games could work something out for you... but I doubt it. :p

At one time, I was also upset that I couldn't get it either. But then they came out with the proper styles that it would have been standing in for, namely a PROPER Batman Cowl and a PROPER Owlman Helmet based on Frank Quitely's design from the JLA: Earth 2 graphic novel. So now, I don't even miss that "Batman-Inspired" Head Style. ;)

THAT is one of the DCUO Legends styles you can apply to your character in Legends gameplay... or at least it APPEARS to be. I can't be 100% sure since you've picked the absolute WORST and DARKEST image of the style that you possibly could have picked! :rolleyes:

But I digress. Since I've never really played around with Legends, I have no idea if it can still be obtained, or if it was a limited time thing. Someone else will have to fill you in on that.

I don't even know what that IS. I've never seen it before. I'm going to guess it's a Legends style as well, because there definitely has never been an equippable Style Set that looks like that.

Look, bottom line, there's this whole gameplay mode called Legends. Apparently, not a lot goes on there nowadays, because like many things in this game, it hasn't really been updated in a long time. But Legends has exclusive Styles, only available in and for that mode, that let you transform your character into someone else, including various versions of Batman from different realities. It's kind of like some of the Trinkets you can use in the regular game. Essentially, your normal character is cosplaying as someone else when they're in the Legends Mode, and although players have been asking for 9 years, the Devs still haven't brought those styles over to the regular game as equippable styles for Player Characters. So at this point, I'd say it's probably never going to happen.
  11. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i had an account in sony since 2011 but i din't use it until 2018.that to2 images are npc from the game one is the boss from a raid that is an evil batman who was raised by the future luthor who altered the reallity . i am just saying that cowl would be awsome to add in the game specially becuase it looks almost like the cowl that batman has in an elseworld story called catwoman guardian of gotham where batman is a homeless criminal and catwoman was the a rich heroine .the other is a supported character that appear in the back to the nexus and a few raids more incluiding in the final raid of metal part 2 .he is a member of the batman counsils we got the gotham police batman cowl by getting the collection from the loots. the devs could add this batman cowl or emblem to .
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Well, there's your problem. You would have needed to come back to the game in 2012 to get the Batman-Inspired Mask and other Back From the Hack gifts. I'm sure SOE gave a generous time window for people to come back to the game, but you can't expect to be gone for 6-7 YEARS and still get those gifts. After even just a few years, they would have made a reasonable guess that you weren't returning, and they probably took your character names and gave them away in the one and only Name Reclaim Event they've done.

As for that all or mostly black Batsuit with the red eye lenses, I know for a fact it's a Legends costume. But that other one, I've never seen, so I guess I just never played the content it was in. :confused:

EDIT: Okay, you can find an almost complete list of the Legends Avatars HERE, but that Batman costume is missing from the list. So this list is not complete.
  13. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Is this better? I want this mask too

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  14. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Some more dreadlock hairstyles with the fade. That smooth head just doesn't look right.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And while I am talking about hairstyles can you devs PLEASE look into separating hair and facial hair tabs? I like so many new hairstyles but would love them more if they could have a beard or mustache or goatee or stubble or sideburns.
    • Like x 4
  15. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

give us some new personality’s damm we’re overdue tired of seeing the same old boring stance that everyone uses
    • Like x 1
  16. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

this isn¿t from legends this is a normal boss which appear in a raid calle family matters i love that cowl they could put that cowl in the game like the did with police batmancowl thet can also add the rest of the council of batmen cowsl and emblem styles they couuld add in the batman day that cowls has a lot of potencials
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Yep, that's a little better! And going by the info revealed HERE, that must be Assassin Batman. The craziest thing to me is that his gauntlets ARE in the game as a style Player Characters can obtain, just not the rest of the outfit.

Oh, and that same article linked above reveals the All-Black Modern Batman Legends Avatar that was put in the game, that must be the one I was thinking of, and I just got it mixed up with this gu. Also interesting in that article is that we had a Ninja Batman in DCUO several years before the Batman Ninja anime was released! :eek:

So, batman2099earthcold, it looks like you want the styles from Steampowered Batman and Assassin Batman.

And since we're on the subject of the Council of Batmen, I'll put in my vote for the complete Style Set of Ninja Batman...

[IMG]

...because this game is too short on ninja style sets, anyway!
    • Like x 2
  18. hazard099 Active Player

more chest styles like the blackhawk style
  19. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need Jessica Cruz face tattoos and her Power Ring costume

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And we also need her version of the GL Corps Uniform, it's different enough from the normal version (represented by the Scion of Ion Chest and Legs) to need to be a separate style set! :cool:
    • Like x 1