Tell us what costume styles you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

We're gonna do a flashback to 2014 for this one, mostly because I forgot about this character for several years....

But back in 2014, DC launched a new comic title, Aquaman and the Others. And one of the Others was a character known as The Operative. We NEED his complete costume as a style set, and it needs to be VERY EASY to obtain (i.e. NOT in a Time Capsule or Boo$ter Bundle!):

[IMG]

I for one NEED his mask! The rest of the costume will be good for various Paramilitary-themed characters. But for me personally, it helps that his style set is a total rip-of... umm, I mean, HOMAGE TO... ;)... one of Mark Millar's characters, whose adventures are published by one of DC's Top Competitors, that I've already recreated in DCUO. All I'm missing is the mask...

[IMG]

Come on, Devs, MAKE IT SO! This is an authentic DC Comics character costume, and it's noticeably different from any style sets you've made the last couple years! ;)
    • Like x 3
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Oh, and one other thing... remember the Ninja Climbing Boots Foot Style? The one that was a Collection Reward for the abomination that was the 2011 Valentine's Day Seasonal Event? You know, the event so horrible, it has never made a return appearance, and never will? It's been 9 years, don't you think it's high time you stuck that Foot Style in the Rare Styles Vendor 22 so people can actually obtain it? :confused:
  3. Royal Knight Kiryu Well-Known Player

Can we get a dragonskin style armor? Something that would look epic with fire.
  4. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

I'd like you guys to refresh the STEELsuit MK-1
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The collection pieces that rewards those boots still drop every year for the Valentine's event.
    https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Collections:_Emotional_Wedding_Vow
    • Like x 2
  6. Abyss831 New Player

Yo idk if you still check out this thread I’m new ‘round these parts, but could you maybe throw in a suggestion at your team’s next meeting or whatever you guys do for an arm style that’s just one sleeve across one entire arm? Like just one arm from the shoulder down to the hand, and nothing on the other arm? I think it would be cool to have it the same color as our character’s skin to make already existing chest styles look one one sleeved. Thanks bro
    • Like x 1
  7. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

Honestly I would like to see every current chest piece that allows emblems have that emblem size increased to the same that currently exists on the Stalwart Defender. It's the only chest in the game that allows emblems to appear at anything approaching proper size. Although it's still showing smaller than it should for most emblems. The Flash emblem is the only one I've found so far that when used on it is over size. Also emblems sizes on Female meshed chest pieces need a size upgrade as well, their far too small even on the Stalwart Defender chest.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

9. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

i would like a batman cowl like this
    [IMG]
    or like this
    [IMG]
  10. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

For the time being, I think the closest you'll get to either one is the Future Crusader Head Style, which is readily available from the Boo$ter Gold Vendor in your HQ in both Regular and Enhanced versions. I personally like the Enhanced Version better, because the eye glow is toned way down so it's not nearly as obnoxious, and it has a neat little animation on it. :cool:

As for that second armored Batsuit there, if you use the Future Crusader Head, Chest, Back, and maybe the Hands (although I think there's other Bat Gauntlets that look even closer to what's shown there,) then pair them up with other styles for the rest of the suit, I think you can get very close to that whole ensemble. :cool:

But besides using the Future Crusader Head Style as-is, you can also use the Dark Knight Cowl that's available in the Marketplace, and add a Face Style to it, as there's some that work quite well paired up with it. By doing that, you can try to make something that looks even closer to one of those 2 styles you posted, but I don't know how close you'll get, as this is my first time seeing them, so I haven't tried replicating them yet.

When I have more time later this week, I may even see how close I can get to one of those suits for you, and then post my results.

P.S. For that first one, I wish you'd been able to post a larger image of it, so I could get a clearer look at the cowl.
  11. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, now, this is very quick, and very dirty. And I kept some things (the Bat Symbol, cape, gauntlets, and boots) colored the more traditional black color. And I kept the belt the more traditional gold/yellow color. I did that partly for visual contrast, to help you see the styles. Now, there are Foot Styles that can make it look even a little closer, possibly, and there might be a better shoulder style, but here's my take on that armored Batsuit:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Here's the styles breakdown for you...

HEAD, CHEST, AND BACK: Future Crusader (Head is the Enhanced Version)

HANDS: Dark Specter Batsuit 2018

LEGS AND FEET: Sector Agent

WAIST: HIVE Defender

SHOULDERS: Vengeful Surgeon

Now, I could have sat there and fiddled around with it some more, got the coloring closer to the original, maybe found a better match for the Feet and Shoulders. But even still, a very reasonable facsimile given the styles in this game, and it only took me a few minutes to figure it out.

It has been mentioned numerous times before in this thread, both by the game's actual Developers, and by myself, but I will point it out once again: Daybreak Games/Dimensional Ink Games absolutely CAN NOT and WILL NOT put into this game specific costume styles for these characters that come from OTHER video game adaptations of the DC Universe! There's a whole bunch of legal and contractual reasons why they can't do so, but it mainly boils down to they would be guilty of stealing or copying someone else's Intellectual Property.

While lots of players absolutely LOVE costume styles from the Arkham games, or the Injustice: Gods Among Us games, all of the rights to those specific artistic interpretations of the costumes for these characters belong to the companies that made those games, period, end of story.

One final thing I've seen some players do: They've combined either the Dark Knight Cowl from the Marketplace, or just a regular Slimline Cowl, with the Vigilante's Justice Face Style that can be obtained by completing the Omerta Briefings, and some have been satisfied with the way that looks. For the second cowl you're trying to replicate, I think the Future Crusader Head Style is more satisfactory, but here's a video where you can see that Head and Face combination together:

Again, if you did post a larger, clearer image of the first cowl you showed off, I'll be happy to look into what's possible for you with that one, as well. :)
  12. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

That cowl was used others Batman comics .basically despise that i am f2p i have all the cowl exept the iconic special ,the one from Marcket ,the specter remaster AND the dawnbreaker
  13. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

If that specific cowl was used in the Batman comics, then it may be one they can use. Try and post images from the comics themselves, as the Devs are more likely to get approval to adapt styles from the comics into this game with their own artistic interpretations of them.
    • Like x 1
  14. Bacalou New Player

MORE SKINS! Different alien races; nose-less, mouth-less, both-less.. etc. I get that you have to follow a certain format because of all the gear styles, but there is still a lot that could be done. (I’m sure the lantern fans would approve)
    Ghost skin would be cool, kind of like glowing skin, but transparent.
    Completely faceless skin would be cool too, cus then you could use different face style items to get creative and make a ”mask”.
    Something like Parasite’s skin should also exist.
    Just, MORE SKINS!

And when are we getting more personality types and body types? I’ve been wanting the Coldcut body type for ages now.. Can I have it?
    • Like x 2
  15. MisterMeanwhile Well-Known Player

Costume styles from Ready Player One and Watchmen.
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

In a word... NO!

Once more, with feeling...

NO!!!!!!!!

For the love of G'nort, READ THE THREAD and USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!! The Developers have stated on many occasions, across DOZENS of threads at this point, that they are NEVER making more Body Types, it's just TOO MUCH WORK for too little return! So GIVE UP THAT DREAM NOW, IT'S NOT HAPPENING!!!!! NOT NOW, NOT TOMORROW, NOT A YEAR FROM NOW, NOT EVER!!!!!!!!!!

For frak's sake, how many times do you players have to be told these things?!? :mad:
    • Like x 1
  17. Bacalou New Player

TRIGGERED!

Tuck your panties in, and take a breath. Clearly the coldcut body type is already in the game. Surely you’ve played a character with this body type on several occasions?
  18. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I wouldn't mind having a style that makes me look like a repair bot. Even better, when in that style, it says in place of the name ("something" Bot).
    Then when someone comes up to open the bot (pressing circle) it makes a laugh like the dough boy.
  19. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

Bruh I been saying this forever but it seems our words fall on death ears
  20. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, as best I can tell, this is a larger, clearer image of that same Batsuit:

[IMG]

Achieving that right now will require you to combine the Dark Knight Cowl in the Marketplace with a face style. Sadly, there are some face styles that work well with the Dark Knight Cowl that I do not yet have. But let me see what I can figure out for you as far as how close you can get to that at this time.