Top Bug - Fixed Atlantis Royal Palace solo

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ryazan, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Ryazan Dedicated Player

So... umm, devs, why is this happening?

It's like if the Crown of Thorns' hitbox is spawning way further ahead than where it should.
    • Like x 20
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I still have literal nightmares (Not even kidding, last one was a week ago even though I haven’t done it since before JLD launched) about this stupid solo so “thanks” to the Developer that designed it.

As far as what happened there, that’s a new one. In real life, anyway. It’s like what happens in my dreams actually, the mechanic glitches out and weird stuff starts happening.

I can only suggest you not skip the cutscenes because I never did and that never happened to me. I’ve trouble with doors not opening in the theatre section of the Batscape duo after skipping the cutscene (Never when not skipping it) so it’s possible the cutscene skips are interfering with instance mechanics in certain places.
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Some more insight.

Even after reviving once, the CoT will still spawn at the same weird location, you have little time to open that 1st door, it's doable but will probably frustrate a new player and they may end up dying multiple times. One low cr character I made go through this had 3 deaths before opening that door.

This is not happening if you don't turn the cutscene off. But it's still faster to take the weird death than watch everything.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So I was right about it being caused by the cutscene skips? :D
  5. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I tested a little and can add one detail that can help for a while until this error is fixed.
    You can avoid death if you interact with the seller before attacking the NPC in front of the first gate.
    • Like x 1
  6. Daddy Dangerous Active Player

So I just ran the Atlantis Royal Palace solo. After leaving the Throne room to escape the thorns, at roughly the 2:00 mark, I barely beat the 1st set of adds before I got dropped by the thorns. I even got the message that the thorns were speeding up well before I normally got that message. Ran this many times and it was never this fast. Below is the video for your review.

Thanx!

7. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I made a thread about this before https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/atlantis-royal-palace-solo.307882/

It seems the Crown of Thorns is spawning further ahead from where it should, and it also speeds up faster for some reason. The only fix so far to not have this happen is not skipping the cutscene, or immediately talk to the vendor after the cutscene skip (which won't work if you already died to the CoT in the same run).
    • Like x 1
  8. Stranger Well-Known Player

Can confirm... bugged
    • Like x 1
  9. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Handy to know.

I've been letting it jump ahead and continue on, then dying at the last door, after which it behaves correctly and you can activate the last door.

But yes, 'broken'.
    • Like x 1
  10. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I have the same experience. I started running it again recently to get some more enhanced Son of Manta drops for a new toon. It's repeatable. The Crown of Thorns is not where it's supposed to be at the start of the chase.
  11. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

The Crown of Thorns is killing players at random points on the way to the boss fight.
  12. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

Fix this bug devs! How am i supposed to get For the King and Drift Destruction feats if this still exist?
  13. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

If you kill the first two adds after the initial fight while not moving far from the starting place, it prevents the Crown from acting weird like that. So try and take a long range power, pull the two adds toward you and finish them BEFORE the Crown counter starts.

Nevertheless this got to be fixed anyways. Just helpful as long as it is not.

Greetings
    • Like x 2
  14. DaBeama Well-Known Player

The Crown Of Thorns advances before you can kill the adds and then doesn't reset where you can clear the area.
    • Like x 4
  15. Fwames Well-Known Player

I have encountered the similar bug only when skipping the cutscenes.
    • Like x 1
  16. MrStoob Well-Known Player

While not ideal, as soon as the crown of thorns section starts, speak with the soda/repair vendor - that sorts it out. Also as Fwames says, if you don't skip the cut-scenes it works fine - but ain't nobody got time for that shizzle. :)

It's been raised before.
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

oh, fun fact : I ended up with the Crown IN FRONT OF MY CHARACTER a couple days ago. Still bugged AF.
  18. iDynamite New Player

seems once you pass the fight and go to the run the crown of thorns boss kills you before it even shows on the map where it is.
  19. MrWon Committed Player

Currently trying to get the Reef Racer and For the King feat but can't since in the first room of the Thorn chase, the Thorn teleports next to the Drift lieutenant whenever I engage.

• Like x 2
  20. Goyim New Player

can confirm, this bug has been on eu realms for atleast 2 weeks.