We (The Gamers) Are The Vicious Cycle

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BRainIAK, Apr 1, 2020.

1. BRainIAK Active Player

Interesting....

You actually are correct about all 4 of those complaints.

I actually agree with you there (redacting my original statement of course.)

What group actually classifies as (WE) on this one because I myself along with my wife has often made those same complaints in-game and in forums and were dismissed faster than the comment could go up and the dismissal would get mad likes too lol.

2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What you wrote:

You misspelled "about a 1% probability."

I take it you won't continue to futilely argue that you were correct. Good decision, and enjoy the game.
  3. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Superpatriot, brittney, and trexlight are a few names to start with. Back when Dc's population was stronger on ps and pc these 3 people had their names ran through the mud for their views and stances on things so much so that there were slanderous rumors made of brittney, memes/videos/messages were made mocking superpatriots deceased loved one, and trex was cussed out in quite a few vids. And this was going on when a youtube video from a random youtuber could make anywhere from 1k to 20k views off of those 3 names.
  4. Balton hero Committed Player

Each one of the names you listed are or were part of the Dev's Roundtable and are prone to be blind supporters, enablers, justifiers, excuse-makers and defenders of everything the devs do. Of course they're going to take a lot of flack for that. Bad examples.
  5. BRainIAK Active Player

What you mean bad examples? What you explained is bullying and there is no excuse for that cowardly mess. That entire argument is weak and I bet you are a social recluse at best with that twisted social pattern of thinking.

6. Balton hero Committed Player

Meh. Calling people out on their sycophantic behavior is not bullying, especially when they're part of the devs inner circle. By bad examples, I mean when they became part of that group and then started doing nothing but praising and defending the devs and their decisions, they lost all credibility and became......a word that I'm not allowed to use on the forums.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

So what, association with or participation in something like a Dev Roundtable group automatically removes any credibility a particular player might have and more or less brands them as the enemy, even if what they are saying is consistent with what they may have been saying before joining in such a group?

Truly an open-minded and enlightened viewpoint.
    • Like x 3
  8. Balton hero Committed Player

Straw man.
  9. BRainIAK Active Player

Dude... All of the people that follow someone to youtube for the purpose of harassing about a videogame are real life dweebs lol. They're mad because the game doesn't serve their explicit interest and then rally up the rest of the dweeb rat packs to go and harass a person on youtube because they all believe that the person is part of the "round table"?. Just pitiful to say the least. Why be pathetic in real life? They could get your IP's banned on any server where you mitigate hate speech in the bullying attacks (any persisted unwanted exchange is harassment/bullying) duuuhhhhh
    • Like x 1
  10. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Its one thing to disagree , its another to insult someone, say so and so slept with dev, to make memes of a guy peeing on a grave saying so and so's loved one. Ive seen them disagree with developer decisions, but because of sheep like people following x youtubers making videos on them negatively, the harassment didn't stop. Besides the point Jacob was saying was when your a KNOWN supporter of the devs you would have people making videos about you calling you out on your stance (or just to criticize you)
    Ms Tickle fate wanted examples so boom examples
    • Like x 4
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Proxy is regularly named in videos like that. Mostly though, no one poster is actually named anymore. YouTube "creators" mostly lump the whole forum population together now and just blame "forum posters" for every change they deem as bad and has even a minuscule of support here.
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What I asked for were examples of videos made about me and my many comments that support the devs when I think they deserve supporting. The claim was that "99.9%" of any such people had such videos made about them. Another way of saying that is "at least a thousand videos about a thousand different players who 'support the devs' exist."

So far as I know, there are, in reality, zero such videos about me. (Not that I'm asking anyone to make one, thank you.)

And I haven't done a count, but I completely doubt that there are, in reality, a thousand different videos about a thousand different players. Or 999 about 999, if we want to be picky.

It's generally a poor idea to make ridiculous exaggerations. You never know if people might point out how very ridiculously exaggerated your claim is.
  13. BRainIAK Active Player

Idc. Disrespecting a deceased loved one is too far and weak. If anyone is in defense of that behavior for any reason then they along with the trash are pathetic
  14. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

Yes the 99% number was indeed an exaggeration, but what Jacob said was KNOWN, no one knows me or you. So if we stand in decision of something the masses are against who cares. But let somebody like a Ventus , trex or even orbit get behind something people are against. Its open season for them
    • Like x 1
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

"It's generally a poor idea to make ridiculous exaggerations."

Except.... I clearly already said I exaggerated what I meant when I first replied to you.

You didn't "point it out" you took it step further to strawman the crap out of it. You were beating that obviously exaggerated point like a Dead Horse. And you were somehow suggesting I was "futilely" arguing I was right?

This reply you've made is where my case rests.

This post is basically your own admission that A:
    You knew what I was talking about.
    B: You took my "exaggerated statement" And strawmanned the crap out of it. My main argument was that there was Toxic Content on Youtube that attacked other players for their views. It was to agree with the OP's assessment that we as gamers are vicious cycle, non-stop.
    You took my claim and tried to assume it as my main argument, when it never was.

You want to use the phrase "If we want to be picky" dude, nobody was being picky but you. Like I said earlier, you wanted to play Gotcha by strawmaning.

Even now you're still strawmaning what I've said, even though other players on the forums like the one above have expanded on the point I was talking about.

Do me a favor and stop fishing with that "claim" you like strawmaning so much, thank you.
    • Like x 1
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I quoted what you wrote and responded. I suggest you leave it there. Have fun with the game!
  17. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

So responding means you take something that's obviously exaggerated and beat it like a dead horse now, all while ignoring everything else I've mentioned in my first reply here.

Cool beans bro.

See ya in-game.
    • Like x 1
  18. BRainIAK Active Player

My point exactly. Two people cant talk discuss and even disagree and debate about a real issue; however, the worst of the community will find ways to discredit the entire issue with strawman arguments being beaten into the poibt of 0 context 0 solutions and 0 hope for a meaningful direction.

This is raw proof that moving forward is anything but simple. Now imaging being a developer in Dimensional Ink. Not Daybreak. Not even SOE (The devs that created the game in its OG form) and then you have 2 more layers of development (Unreal Engine [None of those devs work on this game directly]) which is the engine SOE built the game on and of course the lanuage that all games thrive on C++ in which Unreal Engine was built on.

Some of the glitches you all complain about are problens in the C compiler or memory management.... Basically dont hold your breath .. Not only will they be virtually unfixable but chances are that they probably cant even find a dev to fix those even with a billion dollar salary.

As a gamer I have been epically pissed at malfunctions glitches, broken mechanics, etc... As a dev myself I completely understand. It's not like a cheeseburger that you can just replace the bun for accidently adding mayo. Changes have to be worked out progressively and then mitigated throughout all pf the servers...
    (This is what stops bugs from being immediately fixed)

And the abovementioned community issues are what stifles our legitimate market and TC requests as well as ideas.

That is my take on it. I may not have all the answers but I do have some.