card game BAD!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dejanah, Mar 31, 2020.

1. dejanah New Player

and if you want to play card game, you should go there instead.and it doesnt matter what i do , if ONE person does the WRONG thing
    i see where this going, unsubbing again now
  2. EP Ice Loyal Player

If they (devs) want to add puzzles than that’s fine, I guess. My only “suggestion” would be that they should make it to where you only get so many tries to complete it and if you don’t then you move on anyway. They can make it a feat that if you complete the puzzle within so many tries you get 25 feat points or whatever.

I get the OP’s complaint and not everyone has the luxury of an active league or friends list. So sometimes, that option is not available to players. That’s kind of why I made the suggestion I made.
    • Like x 1
  3. Wildcat Committed Player

players needs to have a choice, make those card stuff on elite raids only :)
  4. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Players also have the choice to take 5 minutes to read the description they provide to beat the card game. I mean the game is easier than pokemon and Yugi-Oh! You rise up to a challenge, not degrade to make it easier! Enjoy event versions if you want an easy MMO experience!
    • Like x 2
  5. Controller Devoted Player

I don't mind them switching things up....adds flavor to the game.

DM and "Shattered Gotham" provide quite the change from the norm.

Looking forward to whatever they throw at us in the BoP content.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So once you've beaten the raid, you no longer run it? Cause beating the same battle to save the universe...again...would also ruin the immersion at that point, wouldn't it? At a minimum, I guess you go re-run MOM first, so Batman and Supes can get re-captured, then re-run the follow up missions to save Bats, stop the Thanagarians from destroying Earth and opening a rift to the Dark Multiverse so you can stop Barbatos....again.
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The instruction cog is the only cog they WON'T click on.
    • Like x 4
  8. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

the sheer amount of laziness on display in this post is breathtaking.

"I don't want to read the instructions. reading is hard. I won't watch a video because 'reasons'."

"because I don't want to read the instructions, I have to wait for others who DO have the motivation to take three minutes to figure out the world's simplest MMO puzzle, and that's BOOOOOOOOOOOOORING."

"Since I don't want to read or watch instructions, and I then have to wait for someone just slightly more motivated than myself, which bores me, this mechanic is lame, and I should be able to just choose to kill lots of adds instead, or perhaps Devs should save this mechanic only for elite raids, essentially forcing them to create an entire other boss encounter for regular raids."

Just listen to yourselves. LAY-Z.

We play the game we're given, not always the one we want to have. You can choose not to play or play, that's up to you, but the general direction of the game has been moving more and more towards these ever so simple puzzles, so I wouldn't expect to see less of them.

Regards,
    Hash
    • Like x 2
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

This doesnt make the game more challenging though. It makes it easier. Just look at trade chat with all the people shouting "card game only". That wouldnt be happening if it was more challenging
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Personally, I have zero issue with puzzles and mechanics that inspire more teamwork. But everyone has a different idea of is entertaining to them and I wouldnt label them as lazy because they dobt like the same things as me. I can see the issue on both sides and some of the players you quoted, not all, might even have a point.
    • Like x 2
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

It's like the maze on Ranx where no one wants to use their mic.
    • Like x 1
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Man...I almost forgot...

Before you unsub, can I have your stuff?
    • Like x 1
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Are you people serious right now?

It's not the content's fault that people grief.
    It's not the developers fault that people grief.

This isn't a Content Issue, It's a community issue man.

If we want to address this, we need to address this properly. Because at this rate(they are already removing a trinket because they are worried about potential "trolling") And now we're saying a Game Card-Mechanic is bad because they want to do more trolling?

No man. We're headed in the wrong direction, at this rate anything that requires the slightest bit of ACTUAL team work will end up being seen as a bad idea because we're letting these toxic people dictate our content.

The Content is fine.
    The Mechanics are fine.
    These people are not fine, they do not need to be playing DCUO let alone be involved in this content if they cannot work together as a team.

I'm not apologizing. I'm serious here: these people need to uninstall DCUO if their sole purpose is to ruin the enjoyment of the game for everyone else. I'm tired of seeing perfectly good things go to waste because we're tolerating these people and their nonsense instead of doing our part to report them.

Leave the content be man, leave those players to their own devices and see how fun it is when they'll eventually have nobody left to grief but themselves.
    • Like x 3
  14. Eve YouTuber

Agreeing with this word by word. Honestly only we as community can put an end to griefing. Not the Devs and not the content.
    I honestly put these kind of players on ignore and ONLY play with people I trust or people that seems okay from LFG. But If they have any trolling mentality they are out of my group and on to my ignore list. Kick exist so we don't have to tolerate those people. And we can also report them. They can get in trouble for griefing. The card mechanic is one of the best they added recently, it was so refreshing. I am still kinda struggling with it, but when I go in event on alts I always look up on YouTube and talk to the group (If any is communicating) and were doing it together. It's THAT easy
    • Like x 3
  15. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Pew pew
    • Like x 1
  16. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Sorry for my smart assness...but if people cant figure out cards by now they probably wont figure out to hide behind rocks and probably will activate every sub boss on the last boss with a one heal one tank group. It's a very objective based raid that I love.
    • Like x 2
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I have the option of something resembling a semi-active league and a decent friends list. I still pug that raid (with LFG people), i've only ever encountered an idiot group once.

I get that dealing with mechanics in a raid can be annoying when you get that one troll or idiot messing things up, but that should never be a valid reason to just resort to more tank spank. Besides, there's two raids...if one is a pain for whatever reason, there's another. Plus we also now have an added bounty...plenty of marks to be had (especially with bonus weekends/weeks).
    • Like x 3
  18. dejanah New Player

thats a totally new and funny line i havent heard before in this blooming business
    of course i am going to reinstall so you can have it.
  19. Toshknight Loyal Player

lol i love your elijah signature. the only time he fangs out. this is a P.s BTW

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. AutoBot Rage Active Player

Isn't there a feat for releasing all the sub bosses?