New Retro Combat Parser!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Irvynnge Loyal Player

nice one, devs. gave me a proper chuckle, that did. I'd like to join the chorus in wishing it was permanent, though, but I can see your reasons as for why not. honestly, I can't see it being that big a problem, meself, but you guys're the experts, not me. once again, nice one, devs. thanks!
    • Like x 2
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Finally Talleys.. I have now run all 7 ALTS through the solo stuff including the vault.

7 of 7 got the tin hat and unicorn trinket. 3 of 7 wound up with a Mischievous Briefing. and 2 of 7 got either the Unicorn Supply Drop of the Unicorn Power: Material. So it definitely seems as if daybreak decided to hand out a pile of stuff this year. :D

WELL DONE DEV TEAM...

Now change the Parser so it does not go away next week.. Obviously we all like it
  3. Quantum Rising Committed Player

Booooooooo! :mad::mad::mad:

Edit: Why didn't the quote go through?

This was in response to Mepps saying why the trinket was temporary.
  4. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Lets change this from trinket to an accessory... a second accessory slot. I really want to wear the laughing accessory and this retro combat parser too.
    • Like x 1
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

As I said in the other thread I don’t care if the trinket goes away after 7 days ....

Make this a toggle in settings so we can see it or not see it like our numbers ...
    • Like x 1
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Yeah, it really isn't intrusive at all! If anything, it adds to that superhero and comics feel and gives your battle some personality! And there's plenty of similar effects from both combat and style things that are permanent as long as you have them equipped and some don't even go in 5 minute effect and then cooldown intervals. They're just there the entire time and no one minds them. It's VERY tame in comparison to some other effects, especially in battles involving a ton of people with a ton of different powers and types of effects. I mean, have you seen the chaos you get when you have a big group fighting a boss and one's firing a bunch of fire, another a bunch of ice, another Lantern powers, another a second type of Lantern powers (rage), another a bunch of large boulders, another Heavenly and godly light and magic (celestial), another with gadgets has bombs and gases and pulling the enemy across the room with that taser pull thing, and yet another is firing bright yellow bolts of lightning all over the place! A few comics sound effects here and there is nothing! If anything, I think it's more dangerous to delete it! Just looking at what everyone's saying about it.... they'll go RABID if it's taken away!

And it being reminiscent of Batman 66 is very deliberate! It's a major tip of the hat to that and similar early superhero media. Those sorts of sound effects are still used in comics even now, just not quite in the same goofy way. It's perfect for a DC Comics MMO!
    • Like x 1
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Certainly no more intrusive than a giant mallet suddenly appearing out of nowhere with a "boing!" sound.
    • Like x 4
  8. SigmaAtom Committed Player

I agree with the logic behind this.. it would be especially annoying for Tanks.

But saying that.. would be nice if it was only visible to the activator..
    • Like x 1
  9. Noble One Committed Player

you couldnt just make the trinket seen by the player only or even just make it an option for other players to turn it off?
  10. mynch457 Well-Known Player

I'm starting to wonder if the "7 days" is an April fools joke and we get to keep it....I'm hoping so anyways
    • Like x 3
  11. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

This will come back and we will have to buy it or get it out of a cap.
  12. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I think it rocks and would love to keep it. Having it only visible to the player like the character outlines and such would be an awesome work around. That way if you do not personally like it you can turn it off.
  13. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

I like that trinket, and I don't care of it does annoy other players. I just wish it was accompanied with the "Na na na na na na na na " soundtrack and trumpet blares when you hit an opponent.
    • Like x 2
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

so basically having 12 boos, 5 void gazers, 3 robot sidekicks, 16 henchmen, 1 astral healer, combat turrets, manbats, tentacles and and shadows all over the place preventing players from oving, attacking and getting out of the way is unobtrusive...but a few bams and pows is?
    • Like x 3
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Still not bored with this trinket. Please don't take it away.
    • Like x 3
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I second that request.. or at this point do I ummm five hundred and ninety-six the point? LOL Love this trinket and am using it daily on just about everything. C'mon devs let us keep it!
    • Like x 1
  17. Eve YouTuber

I would like them to keep it if they can make it individual. That only if you want to see it, you'll see it. Some people already told me that It's annoying them, I personally not using it but I can understand why people want to keep it. Hopefully they can work on a hotfix that can make it individual that if you want to enjoy it you can without having to force it on others in group :) That will be the best of both worlds!
  18. Nodens Dedicated Player

Huh?
    My main is a tank, and I haven't found anything at all annoying about it. Nor have the others in my league.
    • Like x 2
  19. SigmaAtom Committed Player

Hi

Well I don't know what to say to that man..cool..

I don't know if other tanks would feel the same..maybe you should start a thread asking the forum community how they feel [Tanks Only] kind of deal.. ?

I would enjoy to keep the activator too, if that wasn't clear.
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

And it's gone. We get something that lots of players really seem to like, and then it gets taken away again, in spite of the pleas to keep it. I guess the devs don't like being popular.

Boooooo! Boooooooo! Hiss!
    • Like x 3