card game BAD!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dejanah, Mar 31, 2020.

1. L T Devoted Player

I really like that raid, and I really like the card game.

Do I want to see a card-game type mechanic in every DLC? NO!! But I found it a refreshing change from the usual tanks n spank.
    • Like x 3
  2. dejanah New Player

if i wanted to play something else, i would do just that. and i have seen enough mmos with "special" mechanics go south.
    it isnt even hard either, since i could look it up on the net. it is simply annoying, and it doesnt bring anything good to the table.
  3. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea i never saw a problem at all with the card game
    • Like x 1
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

The problem with the card game and other cogs in content is people think because they can click on something they should click on something right away. Like the dark nights at the end of DM. I've been in the event version when players let them all out. There is nothing wrong with asking what to do.
  5. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

What do you mean by "MMO's going south?" Do you mean that they are no longer around or that the player base is not as active as it used to be?

An "annoying" game mechanic doesn't mean that it is not useful or bad; many times dev teams put those types of mechanics in raids to tie the raid in with the story line of the content. The card game is a perfect example; this game is something you can expect the Batman Who Laughs to torment and try to get rid of his adversaries with. He would never make it easy for you to get by him and if amuses him to see you and Batman suffer, even better.
    • Like x 1
  6. Balton hero Committed Player

Somewhat random off-topic sidenote because I was just desperate enough for entertainment that I binged How I Met Your Mother: In that show there's a running gag that one of the character's who is a lawyer refutes someone's opinion as if they were in a courtroom followed by the declaration "Lawyered."(as a verb). It makes me wish there was a common thing, "Lored."(as in lore as a verb) for use in situations like the 2nd part of your post.

Anyway, back to the thread in progress.
    • Like x 1
  7. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

I personally like that there's something like the card game. It doesn't always have to be about mindless burn all the time. A few mechanics to make people use their brains is always good.
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The only issue I have with the card game is that 1 guy can screw it up on purpose (or by accident), which I avoid by only going into put together groups either in LFG or with people I know. I do run alts through the event run and normally have to type in the instructions if someone is going rouge. If they do, after the 3rd fail when you wipe...initiate a kick. If that fails, leave. It's not just this card game boss, you can say the same thing about several mechanics in game where one person can mess it up on purpose. Most recent, the gears at the beginning of BB...if one guy doesn't pull his gear, it's very tough to try and get 2 yourself. Lab had the poison room where you can kill or pull the adds away from the consoles that turn them to stone, ToTD has the essence fight, HoH has the Forge Fight where you can agitate the spirit and get enough adds to wipe the room. Now...in some of those you can work to let the guy die and then finish without him, but on others it spells failure to have one jerk in the room.

The card game is no different from that aspect. From the fact that it's a card game vs pew-pew-pew, I like it, there is plenty of pew-pew-pew in that raid with the other 2 bosses. It does force some teamwork and communication, even if the communication is just "Don't touch the cards if you don't know the game".

As far as people grinding their Elite gear by just doing this boss?...meh, who cares? There are a lot of people who got their gear by getting carried through Elite and first or 2nd boss only runs have been around since Elite renown started. It's not all that tough to get it, so it's not the badge of honor some think it is.
    • Like x 1
  9. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The puzzles aren't too bad I guess. The only problem I have is in Elites with people only wanting to run the puzzle for renown then disband. Either make the puzzle the second loot drop like Spindrift or take the renown out of them and only drop gear, collections, etc. So many players out there with max CR that have no clue how to even play or survive through either raid because they were carried through the puzzle and never bothered to learn and never actually tried the rest of the raid
    • Like x 1
  10. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I don't think the card game is bad at all, in fact, I like that there are different challenges put into raids so it's not always the exact same thing.
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

this. I've been lucky with the card game. I've only ever had it go toots up the once. every other time, someone knew what they were doing. not been an issue for me. the dark knights, though. nightmare. utter nightmare. there's always one.
    • Like x 1
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

It is certainly easy if you following instructions. However the issue is people who won't even read chat when you tell them not to touch the cards if they don't know what they are doing. I'm all for puzzles in solos, sure for duos and even alerts, but for raids no thank you.

At the very least remove this sort of thing from event versions. When I run the reg/elite on my main it's generally not a problem. However when I run the event version on alts, bloody hell it's brutal.
    • Like x 1
  13. dejanah New Player

it also ruins the immersion. an armed group, that has been crushing the enemy so far , wouldnt stop just because the enemy
    wants to "play another game". and since he can one shot THE WHOLE GROUP at failure, he could do the same right at the start.
    this is so contrived, that is is hilarious. no wonder the mmo business is going down the drain
  14. dejanah New Player

they dont. a few people know how to do it. some look it up on the net. the rest of us just wait for a success , or a disband.
  15. dejanah New Player

and i would still take mindless burn over mindless WAITING
  16. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

If they don't know how to do it... Who's fault is that?
    The instructions are there and they couldn't be any clearer.
    All it takes is 30 seconds to read the instructions sitting right next to the card game.
    If that's too hard to do... I am sorry for the state that we find our people in. Where they can't read and follow simple G.E.D. instructions.
    • Like x 1
  17. dejanah New Player

but i dont want to pay 15$ a month for that "pleasure"
    lets see how many are prepared to do so
    all i can say is the same i told Anet and GW2: not for MY money
  18. AMDRyzen Level 30

You know this is going to be a wild and out there suggestion, but you could..READ THE PEDESTAL, because it tells you what to do and their are quite a few guides on youtube also. Its just a another mechanic...if you don't like those then don't play MMOs.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

People complained about us having to do super easy jumping in JLD, they comoplained about us having to actually do team work in Metal 1, and now they complain about us having to do a crazy simple card game with multiple solutions for each hand.

I like that they add stuff that isn't basically us doing a rotation over and over just to blow up enemies. If that's all you want, there are many games out there that are that monotonous. God forbid you have to learn something new, right?
    • Like x 5
  20. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Any way to make the game more challenging is fine for me. This game has become way too easy, just like the US educational system, everything has been dumbed down and the bar lowered to cater to the lowest denominators.
    • Like x 2