Test Discussion Episode 37: Open World

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by TLantern, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trexlight Devoted Player

Ahhh thank you much. I went in without looking at the Forums. Must have eaten some Noobie Snacks last night.
    • Like x 1
  2. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

i love it how we need to save the cats out of trees love it!
    • Like x 1
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Update:

Managed to finish the Mission.

The Bounty part is only counting, if you start the fight yourself.

The Rioter part needs to be more clear since all of the enemies are basically rioting and None are named as "Rioter".
    It granted the Rioter Progress as i was Fighting the enemies around the Seed Pod.
    Would be better to update the Mission describtion to "Take a Picture of enemies Fighting near a Seed Pod" or something along those lines. :)
  4. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

The 'Rioter's are the adds that spawn when you get close to the LexCorp sigils on the ground and cause the supply drops of stuff to come down.
    • Like x 3
  5. Magnificent Loyal Player

These are a few of the things I've stumbled across, usually just minor issues.

1. Collection item for Superman's Pal's Stuff: Grave-stained signal watch
    ---Shouldn't this be "Gravy-stained signal watch"? Not exactly sure how something is grave-stained ;)

2. Harley's voice sounds slightly reverbed/metallic, like she's a Briefing or Investigation v/o instead of in-person.

3. All BOP mission nodes (Ivy's acorns, for example) continue to show on the map until you've done the turn-in.

4. The Collection node right behind Black Canary respawns just a few seconds after taking it, this happened last night as well when I was pretty much the only one in the solo zone.

5. The items you pick up (zoo badge, empty pheromone vial, etc) are those the things for Lois Lane? If so, she isn't taking them when you complete out that mission. Also, there's nothing denoting these as mission items (so some may unknowingly delete them since they can't be sold).

6. Scoops, the Jimmy Olsen photo thingy, you might want to include somewhere that you may have to do each of the things multiple times (like rescue a cat from a tree) in order to get credit.

7. The accounting for these solo missions is... odd. For instance the credit for shooing away the dog and getting the cat out of the tree is 3. Taking down the jewelry thieves gives you 2 credits after defeating all the thieves then 3 credits for interacting with the van.
    • Like x 1
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    For the "A Day in the Life" mission, it would be very helpful if Scoops didn't have a cooldown. I found that I had to keep waiting for the trinket to come off cooldown so I could reactivate it for the next mission objective. That added a lot of downtime to the mission.
    • Like x 1
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Is contribution credit working properly on the Metahuman Experiment? I tried attacking it as a solo player when a big group was fighting it. I didn't get credit for the kill on the first attempt. I did get credit on the second attempt.
  8. Eve YouTuber

In Ivy's mission, NPC's getting stuck inside buildings:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

I just want to know why the BOP missions are always the same. In Thanagar, each mission giver had 2-3 different missions to give. Here, it’s always the same 3. This is going to get really boring really fast.
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its the same mission but the Objectives you can choose on what to do and in whichever area.
    • Like x 1
  11. Wildcat Committed Player

Evil Titanic Triton is a masterpiece :D

Can we get one more open world boss? maybe a little more iconic? ;)
    - Batgirl - for villains
    - The Brain - for heroes :rolleyes:

The clue mission - players dont know what to do - they ask on chat where to find those "clues"
    maybe it's possible to give players some hints //
  12. L T Devoted Player

According to the first post, this is intentional. There's still 3 variants, you're just getting all three at once
  13. Eve YouTuber

In most locations where you need to lure the Gorilla's, There are objects that "Blocks" their way, so they just stand still and never get to it, and you stay stuck in combat\and it never counts towards mission because I can't spray the Gorilla. I don't know if it happens to anyone else, but it happened to me and was annoying.
    • Like x 1
  14. Trexlight Devoted Player

Made a Map of the Clues needed for Lois Lane's missions. If I miss a spot let me know. So far its 6 spawn locations so I think its pretty accurate.

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  15. Luke© Well-Known Player

- I'm not able to run fast, when i'm using Harley's Weapon. Is that intended?
    - White Points on map remain, even if the mission is done (but not delivered)
    https://imgur.com/a/4VIX7dV
  16. TLantern Developer

For the pheromones, do you know roughly which areas of the city? Something like which buildings you've seen it at or which side of the map?

I can look into the white dots, thanks!
  17. TLantern Developer

You can still interact with encounters even though you no longer have the Mission for them. I can however, make sure you don't see white dots on the minimap.
    • Like x 1
  18. TLantern Developer

Yes this is intended. We're trying out some new things to see how people react to it. In the future, for example, we might have a quest that has you KO LexCorp thugs, where minions give you 1 point and Matches give you 3.
    • Like x 3
  19. TLantern Developer

The canisters contain weapons that civilians will equip. You might notice they go from barehanded to rifles, pistols, or batons. The quest should mention the removal of the weapons. Securing them destroys the canisters and should award 2 points towards the mission.
    • Like x 1
  20. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

Had a small problem with Harley's mission and the lions. At one point I had two lions, threw the yarn ball to distract it, then threw it at the second one. Then, while I was interacting with one, the timeout timer on the other expired. Throwing the yarn ball again for the remaining cat made it play with it, but didn't offer up the timer or the ability to interact with it again. I had to exit Harley's fix-it gun mode and deal with the poor beast the old fashioned way (which is to say, with bolts of lightning). Went off looking for another of Harley's present boxes to re-equip, and encountered what I think was the same lion (that ran away before when it's health got low), and the yarn ball worked on it that time with the timer and interaction.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.