Vendor 00 in the Agricultural District

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Justibu, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Justibu Level 30

So I read that he has pieces to past iconic/tier PVE suits that you might not have complete sets of and that he could finish then got you.

I bought a piece of Faith's Fate suit by Raven, and went to him to see if he had the rest, and he didn't.

Am I misunderstanding something or does he not work like that? Should I just go to each individual vendor and just buy the suits from them?

Is there an up to date list of how Vendor 00 works or all the available tiered PVE suits old and new?
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

At one time, that Vendor had a LOT more stuff in it, for 10 Source Marks a piece, than it does now. On one of the last major updates, the Devs pulled a bunch of styles out of it, and moved them to the new At Level Vendor they added in your Safe Houses and in your HQ (in the Watchtower, he stands a few yards away from Boo$ter Gold and the Vending Machine that's next to him.) And you can still find that stuff in the original DLC Vendors that originally offered it.

I for one don't like the changes they made, because for some of us, it actually makes some of those styles much harder to come by. The Vendors that have the styles now change their offerings based on your current level, so if you're no longer "At Level" for a style you need, you might not even get it offered to you. And a lot of the old content is now very hard to get into, as no one runs it anymore. :(
  3. Justibu Level 30

I'm not really concerned too much about the old basic styles, I seem to get alot of those from Time Capsules and Prometheum Lockboxes, and I'm gonna start feat farming soon so I'll have to hit the old content sooner or later.

I'm more annoyed that I have to travel everywhere in the world to get all the old iconic PVE gear.
  4. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Thanks for explaining that. Again, another fact I "wish I had known" before it was too late. BTW... I don't even see that vendor anymore in the WT in the switch. Has it been moved to somewhere else?
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Vendor 00 was originally a less expensive way to get older vendor styles, the gear pieces were ~50 marks but the style version from Vendor 00 was just 10. However, in the update Jack mentioned, the vendor prices were significantly reduced and are almost the same as they were on Vendor 00 and some pieces are actually less expensive on the regular vendor now. Three of the gear pieces now cost 8 marks each on the normal vendor but the style version costs 10 marks still on Vendor 00.

I won't lie, it was nice having a centralized place to buy all of those styles. The new vendor in the safehouses just isn't the same. Maybe sometime in the future, Vendor 00 can be reworked to sell all gear pieces (instead of just the styles) from older vendors for the same price as the individual vendors. If they do that, the gear pieces should still disappear from Vendor 00 once you collect the style otherwise the vendor list would get overcrowded with things you don't need anymore.
  6. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

The Mechanical Supply Officer has nothing to do with the styles being taken off Vendor 00!
    It's primary purpose is as a convenient store for cr raising characters to get their relevant vendor gear (Not Style!) without searching for the specific vendor.

The real reason Vendor 00 has style items taken down is because the related vendor gear went through a price overhaul that made them cheaper, negating the need for their style-only counterparts (though the total cost of buying yellow gear now is slightly higher than just the style in the past).
    If you want to get the styles and above relevancy, just go to the specific vendor and you'll get them just fine.
    • Like x 4
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Problem is, the math doesn't add up. Getting a full style set on the style vendor would run you 80 Marks. Getting the gear for that particular style (head, shoulders, chest, legs, hands, waist, feet, back) will now run you 104 Marks.

Two items went down in price compared to the style vendor (8 Marks each for Hands and Feet). Everything else went up, and rather significantly in the case of the Chest, Head and Leg pieces (18 each for Chest and Legs, 16 for Head).

EDIT: Just double checked my notes from prices before the last adjustment, and gear cost for getting a style went up as well. Before the adjustment, getting all the gear pieces for a style would run about 91 Marks for the set on most vendors. The breakdown:
    • Head-12 Marks before, 16 Marks after adjustment
    • Shoulders-11 before, 14 after
    • Hands-10 before, 8 after
    • Waist- 10 before, 10 after
    • Feet-10 before, 8 after
    • Chest-14 before, 18 after
    • Legs-14 before, 18 after
    • Back-10 before, 12 after
    For most vendors, it didn't get cheaper. It got more expensive.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well...someone just discovered the color button in the formatting.;)

They both did happen around the same time though....so they are kind of related. My only issue with the MSO vendor is that if you are past the point where there is any relevant gear, you don't get any choices (last I looked at least), meaning if you need to find certain gear just for styles, you need to do a patrol of the WT to find it. Vendor00 had it all in one place, regardless of your CR level. And yeah, it was a touch cheaper, but you also did not get usable gear or pieces to prestige donate. So 50/50 on the overall change, I just wish it was one stop shopping for everyone...not just people leveling still.

What I'm really hoping for is an update to Vendor 22...the drop style vendor, OR an update to what's unlockable across toons. They kind of crapped out on both around AF3 or DWF, let's see some movement on either of those please.
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

One caveat on that. If you are getting the gear to level up vs just complete the style feat, and you have the style feat completed on another toon, you can buy the feat off the first toon and get the price reduction on the gear for your alt. That does shave some price off, but of course it has those conditions. For people just trying to complete the feat for the first time...yeah, it's higher price period.
    • Like x 1
  10. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Is Vendor 00 one of the two vendors by the vendor that also sells hairstyles? Cause if that's it... the gear inside it is very expensive. On average 70 Source Marks a piece. I bought a few pieces of "Traces in Time" and it set me back a few hundred Source Marks. Most expensive things I've ever purchased in game.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ah, you found the Rare Style vendor. It's very close to the other style vendor, and the pieces there are so expensive because they're, well, rare. It was put in place as an option for folks who were trying to get certain rare style drops from content (like Vestments of Rage, Herald of the Black, etc.).
  12. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Ok, I'll have to go back and find Vendor 00 then. Thanks.