Test Discussion Episode 37: Volcano Mining Facility (Alert)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Mar 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Welcome to the Alert - Volcano Mining Facility. Here you will track down where the teleporter from LexCorp Tower went to and figure out some of the secrets tucked away in this secret base.

There are 2 modes - Event and Normal ready for your testing and feedback.

Please post feedback, issues, and bug reports here and note the difficulty mode you are commenting on.

Thanks! I hope you have an amazo time!

Known Issues:
    • Monitoring lag - more you play, the more logging will occur and help suss out issues.
    • Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question

Is this section of the fight working correctly? Amazo uses WW+Flash's powers, but there is no announcement for it. Also, Amazo becomes untargetable around the 38 second mark.

Also,

Is Amazo supposed to have boosted defense in this phase? My attacks in particular are doing far below what I'd expect. Also, he comes invincible again at 27 seconds.
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Fixes in the pipeline (hopefully tomorrow):
    • Fixed an issue with the turn-in icon and functionality being present too long with Huntress and Catwoman when bring them power cores.
    • Fixed an issue with the credit not granting for the Whack-A-Moley feat.
    • Fixed an issue with there being two Lex Luthors for a split second as the outro begins to play.
    • Fixed an issue with Huntress and Catwoman typing at the console after the fight has ended.
    • Fixed an issue with the Lex intro. As in, it'll play now.
    • Fixed an issue with Heroes completing the Alert - Headline, Pointer Mission, and Exit Teleporter will now work after the outro completes.
  4. Charon Lead Content Designer

There are scripted moments that ,due to this not being a Raid level boss, he can be derailed from. I'm working on other methods to prevent this but wanted to see how this iteration played out. Also, with hardly any adds in these fights, solo bosses will have increased stats and stop gaps to make sure certain mechanics get played out.

The defense boost happens when he has all of the JLA powers and can be negated by doing the Red Sun Projector mechanic which automatically comes available a little bit later. A feat is in place for not doing this mechanic and fighting him the harder way.
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    1. If a player is KOed after picking up a Power Core but before talking to Huntress, what is supposed to happen? On one run, the player that picked up the power cores was KOed and unable to interact with Huntress. That prevented the group from using the EMP option.

2. Also, if a player picks up multiple Power Cores, do they need to interact with Huntress multiple times?

I picked up three Power Cores. The core icon disappeared after my first interaction with Huntress. Still, I was able to interact with her two more times.

I'm not a fan of Lex being able to use his AoE attack while you're interacting with the cog. That's a cheap way to get KOed because you're stuck in the cog animation.

Please note that it is possible for Lex to stun Huntress. There maybe a chance that could mess up the EMP mechanic.
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

After we finished the Lex fight, I went back to look for investigations and briefings. I was asked if I wanted to reopen the instance after everyone else left and realized that the scorecard never popped up. That might be related to some of the end of instance bugs you mentioned were now fixed internally.
  7. Eve YouTuber

I ran the alert just now and me and my entire group had never ending horrible lag spikes, I have no idea how we finished it lol.
    Lagged way less when we were three only (One got knocked out and out of the boss fight), but with four it was endless lag spikes.
    Here's a video of the run:
  8. Charon Lead Content Designer

Fixes:
    • Huntress and Catwoman can no longer be stunned when at their spots at the console.
    • Players will no longer see another power core icon to interact with when they currently have one. (i.e. one at a time per person, which was the original intent)
    Replies/Questions:
    • I need to have a tracker that respawns the core if someone falls - it should persist on death but that doesn't help if someone drops from the group or can't get back in.
    • Yeah, those issues with scoreboard are part of the instance not wrapping up for Heroes.
    • I sent the video and a report to Engineering to monitor the instance to see if we can see the cause of the lag spikes. Have other runs been as laggy for others?
    • I noticed Amazo didn't actually copy player powers - has anyone seen him do this successfully?
    • Like x 1
  9. Luke© Well-Known Player

Bug Report
    - In the "Amazo Fight" the red text "Copying Players Power" appears a few times, but never really see him using our powers, it that is even meant?
    - Sometimes Amazo is unattackable and just does nothing (not even move)
    - At Lex Luthor Fight, i picked up all 4 EMP's at once, and walked to huntress then, she got only one.
    - We've tried this fight (Last Boss) 3-4 times, and always died at 20% randomly, dmg from nowhere, not even shields could stop it...
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Looking through my videos, he only uses standard Brawling weapon attacks during the "player copy" phase. He sometimes has a red aura up, but I'm not sure what that means.

Also, I was wondering how Amazo is supposed to react to something like Bird Blitz. Will Amazo copy Artifact tray abilities?
  11. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

I know its alert thread but since you asked here, this is another video of Brimstone raid which lag appears entire raid (rubberbanding / NPCs-Players teleporting).

I have been experiencing this issue on both test and live servers since March 15 (right after daily server shutdown). Some peoples I know from game told me they also lagging only on DCUO clients. Every other game they play has no issues with lag.
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

Passing this along to Engineering as well. Thank you!
  13. Charon Lead Content Designer

Engineering is monitoring the instances now so if y'all can attempt the content again that'd be great. If it is as laggy then hopefully it'll trigger stuff for logging/data mining.

Plus - updated known issue list and cleared out upcoming fixes as those fixes have arrived. You can find them above in the thread for future reference.

Thanks!
  14. Eve YouTuber

I joined Sophie Fatal's group and we did the alert and after the drones the door glitched and we had to disband.
    We might have killed things too fast, but Sophie said it happened already, so might be worth looking into this.
  15. Charon Lead Content Designer

Added some backup door opening mechanics if these should fail when you defeat the enemies in those rooms.
    • Like x 1
  16. StealthBlue Loyal Player

On the Amazo fight, he put on the green lantern shield (becoming untargetable) and then did nothing else. since we were still in combat, we couldn't warp to rally so we had to disband.
  17. StealthBlue Loyal Player

We re-ran and it worked the first time, but we wiped and he ended up doing it again. On the first run someone started the fight early, so only 2 people were in there so we wiped before Amazo got to the lantern shield phase as well. So it might just be an issue with the boss not properly resetting after a wipe.
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

Will take a look today. Thanks.
  19. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

Same happened to us today. He shielded himself and then nothing happened anymore. We could not even warp rally since we stayed in combat.
  20. Charon Lead Content Designer

This has been fixed in the next upcoming build. When you replay this - a way around it is if you have superman close to Amazo when Amazo reaches 80 percent health. Definitely fixed for this weekend testing along with other changes.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.