One issue with open world bosses

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Siramez, Mar 24, 2020.

1. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's kinda what happens when everyone and their father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate all show up to fight an enemy and fire off every effect-intensive attack they have and let loose with all their little helpers.

It's part and parcel of the MMO experience. Doesn't matter what game or company you're dealing with, sooner or later you're going to get a slideshow experience while fighting a big bad in the game.
    • Like x 1
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'm on US PC. I haven't seen any graphics problems of any kind for any reason with DCUO since I updated my computer around 2014. I haven't even had a client crash for at least six or so months now. Just another data point.
  3. Faerie_Knight Well-Known Player

Lucky you, my client has crashed at least 60 times today while launching the game.
  4. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I guess if you look at it that way. But for old people like me, a couple of years to 2022 is "soon." According to what I've read, DCUO was on PS3 from 2011 to 2018, about seven years. And has been on PS4 since the winter of 2013. That seven year time-frame is almost here... so like a stereotypical old grandma, I guess I'm feeling the fear and paranoia. ^_^

But then there's the whole game crashing on PS4 at an alarmingly high rate when entering Phoenix Cannon or the portals in Dark Multiverse... and PC people in this thread are reporting they're not having issues with open-world bounty swarms. This content is almost four months old, and nothing has been done to fix those problems. To me, the "writing is on the wall" for the PS4 support.

I'm hoping they continue the game onto the PS5 like they moved from PS3 to PS4. Then again, maybe they'll have their new project on PS5... and they'll ditch DCUO. :-(
  5. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I have never had this issue when I play eso like NEVER but with dcuo and 50 plus all beating the boss silly the laggy becomes worse then the boss itself so idk what's the issue on there end outdated engine or what but it blows.
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

PC and PS are on the same servers, so it's obvious it can't possibly be the game engine because whatever the issue is, it's unique to the Playstation and not affecting PC machines that aren't Very Old.
  7. Faerie_Knight Well-Known Player

Actually, it could be the game engine. While the PS4 was on par or maybe a bit superior to PC when it first came out, that was years ago. And over time the minimum specs and recommended specs for DCUO have both gone up. It's quite possible that the PS4 can no longer handle large groups of players all firing off their attacks at once.
    • Like x 1
  8. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

That makes sense.
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hey, couple of questions:
    • Framerate drops: this would be the performance of the client on your pc/console. For folks who can, can you share the actual framerate you are dropping to and from?
    • Players rubberbanding or the whole game freezing: this would be lag, and could be anywhere between us and you. Are people seeing this specifically?
    • Tray abilities remaining disabled: this could be lag, if it comes with the rubberbanding above. Does it come together?
    Please take a video of what you are seeing, if you can.

About the tray abilities comments, just in case - Onimar Syn drops down a field that disables your weapon attacks *and* tray abilities. You must exit the field to regain your weapon/tray attacks. Is anyone here perhaps seeing that?
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Console here. What I see typically during open world boss fights is the UI and environment become very pixelated/distorted. If I stop and rotate my camera around the distortion goes away. The rubber branding for me is rare and usually goes away after the fight is over.

When you're watching Synn and everyone else's animations, it's not very noticeable when he disables your attacks. There have been times where I'm just mashing buttons and happen to glance at my character just standing there. Perhaps add a more obvious visual/audio effect to signal we need to break out of that?
    • Like x 2
  11. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

I've been experiencing these 2 since March 15(started right after server shutdown). Tray abilities differs time to time. Sometimes cooldown are normal sometimes taking longer than it shoud be. Same with armory switches. Sometimes they switch instantly, sometimes delays. Can't figure out whats causing this.

It will be 2 weeks next sunday and my gameplay is like cancerous. Im just doing vault/stablizer and logging off each day.

I made a thread, opened a ticket(no soulution)... getting out of options;
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...om-instance-or-open-worlds-watchtower.307925/

Ticket screenshot: https://nimb.ws/8xB9lT
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Appreciate the details, thank you.
  13. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I play on US PC (from the Netherlands) and don't have any issues with lag. League mates (from the US) that complain about lag are usually playing on a PS with decent internet connections.

If you experience lag on PC try to connect a LAN cable directly to your router and if that sorts out the lag issue it means that you're probably too far away from your router on WiFi or there is interference/other people inside your house using up bandwidth (watching Netflix/downloading stuff while you play, ask them to stop that for a moment and try again and see if the lag is gone) or you could just have a really have a bad computer (but the requirements for this game should run on pretty old machines as well).

If you play on PS, try the same (connect with a network cable directly to your router and make sure no one is using your ISPs bandwidth). If you have a decent connection speed and no one is using bandwidth but still experience lag than the problem is probably the hardware you're running with (or just the client).

I've had some lag issues in the past and they always were related to my ISP/bandwidth usage or my hardware (and in one case a weird DNS routing issue but that was still an ISP issue).