Game Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Arach Kid, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Arach Kid New Player

With all the changes happening, I thought it would be a great time to address some of the items that I've always felt were missing or semi-broken in the game in the hopes that someone could take a look at them. As I'm unable to find a place to do that, I figured I'd start this thread. I hope that's okay.

First, for the love of all that's holy, can we please have a universal ignore list? I have 30 different characters. Have you got any idea how much time I spend ignoring the same idiots over and over again? I can't imagine a single reason to have separate lists between characters.

Second, can you please do something about previews in the broker? How this has gone on so long is simply beyond my comprehension. How can you provide swiveling along the X axis but not the Y? Hey, look! This is a beautiful rug! Ok, I know all you see is a line, but trust me, it's a rug. And it's beautiful. Also, why not the ability to zoom a little? Some of us are old and can't see all those tiny details :p Here are 15 belts. They all are different despite the fact that from this distance they look exactly the same. Trust us, they're different.

I could go on of course, but I don't want to overwhelm anyone and to be fair, I love this game (even tho the auras were so much better in City of Heroes *cough cough*).

Really though, it's great to see you guys responding to the player base's desires. Keep up the great work.
    • Like x 1
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I'd like a style tab color option and what you suggested, a option to zoom in and out on all pages dealing with styles / base items.
    • Like x 1
  3. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh what the heck I'll chime in....

Can we please come up with ONE firm answer to the burning question.. i was flying when I went through the door so why am i standing on the ground outside?

can we PLEASE move the warp point for the safe houses? I warp down from The Watch tower or The Hall of Doom and I arrive standing next to the telepad I'd use to get back up there. I use the warp pad in and safe house (or my lair) to get to another safeho9use and I wind up in this huge mass of players all crowded around the door to go outside. and half the time I am blocked in and can't move to go inside and see a contact or outside to head to a mission. WHAT idiot decided this was a good place to have players warping to from all over the game?

Can we please get rid of that 4-5 second delay time we all experience after using a weapon and then trying to move on? You know the feeling you defeat the mob that decided to attack you and now your in slow motion for a few seconds before you can move normally. Not sure what Dev thought this was a "realistic" animation but I spend almost 25 years in the Military and never once felt dazed, confused, or could not move at a normal pace when i was firing an M16 or an M9. Honest I swear I could empty an entire clip and be just as ready to run as when I hadn't fired a shot yet.

Some one decide exactly what amount of damage we NEED to do to get credit for defeating pretty much ANYTHING? I've engaged bounties and used orbital strike, Back up and number of power and weapon shots but when the bounty went down.. "Sorry you didn't do 10% of the total damage.. no mark or credit toward that feat for YOU. turn right around and see some one struggling to defeat a boss like Say Solomon Grundy. I have no need or desire to attack him but what the heck lets help that guy out. Get off a couple shots with my hand blaster and Solomon is down and I just earned an Alternate Reward Box? how about we just decide.. if you fire off ANY attack at mob or boss and do ANY damage at all .. you helped defeat that mob or boss, OH I KNOW that was changes a LONG time ago because some one came on here moaning about players that would stand around a bounty and wait for anyone to attack. Shoot at it a few times and OMG they got the same reward! At the time I could not help thinking to myself.. WHY the heck do you give a crap? Did you get YOU marks? Did you get credit for the feat? then why is it so important that no one else gets anything from the same battle? Oh and before the negative replys to this one POUR in .. then explain to me why just the other day as I was leveling a new ALT was it perfectly okay for other players to follow me around watching as i took out the mob surrounding an objective and then they swooped in and clicked it? YES i got credit for it but they never fired a shot just typed in "E" on their keyboard.

Can we PLEASE god fix the UI for recipes so if i go in and close down a bunch of tiers I have no desire to use and make it easy to get at the ones i want to use to create MODS... it STAYS that way until I CHANGE IT?

Its down to being little more than a joke so can we please just lose the deserter penalty? I have walked out of missions where I discovered my so called team mate was (as example) CR 112 and standing there waving at me when I entered the Flash Museum Duo. By the time i warped back out and called up my on duty menu I had between 45 seconds or less before my so called PENATLTY was over. It doesn't stop anyone from walking out of anything these days BUT what it still does do is prompts that one total idiot without a clue to start a vote to disband the entire mission because he wants to quit but doesn't want to be kicked or endure that horrible 2 minute long penalty when he gets back outside. Just let the guy leave so we can replace him and move on.

Can we please come up with some set time period before a Link dead player is simply removed from the team . and make it one that require no kick vote or whatever. Allow me to explain this one....

I was on a Rip in Time alert a while back and after successfully defeating Savage and then Black Adam the team headed out to defeat some mobs in the market place before the final boss battle. And then not one but TWO of my team mates went link dead. Okay so No problem we will just take out a few mobs while we wait to see if they make it back or crash completely. And then it happened.. the 4th team mate decided he did not want to wait and quit the team. Guess where that left me... Can't even think about starting a kick vote because 2 of the 3 players on the team fail to vote.... Vote fails. OKAY lets try to open the que and get a 4th team mate then we can vote them off one at a time.. NOPE.. try to open the Que and only 1 of 3 players votes to do so.. VOTE fails. Oh hey just go to the LFG and advertise.. invite whoever is interested and then fix this mess.. Nope ... As it turned out one of the two link dead players is the one the game decided was THE leader.. i have no right to invite anyone. Now I was a couple of mobs and one boss battle away from completing that alert.. No way i wanted to Quit so i sat there staring at my monitor until those 2 finally crashed .... had the replacements in no time and the alert was over.. But I had to sit doing nothing for like 1-015 minutes before that could take place. Now I am not saying KICK as son as they crash.. those two guys helped defeat a pile of mobs and 2 or 3 bosses they deserved at least some time to TRY and get back in game .. but 15 minutes? Give us all a break and come up with some number where a player is auto kicked after say 5 or 6 minutes of total inactivity.
    • Like x 1
  4. Arach Kid New Player

I came up with another one...

What the heck are the balls in the vault doing except annoying the heck out of everyone?

Also, why no stabilizer bits for other toons on your account? If 6 shards are enough for a single character every day then why penalize those of us who have multiple toons? Ok, I recognize that as they are currently set up you could use all (in my case, 30) characters to give a crapload of shards to say 1 toon every day, but that's a simple enough fix. Allow me to only get shards on the characters that run the instance. Just feel like I'm being screwed because of my investment into multiple toons.
  5. Kylewilkins New Player

Hi guys, I know this thread is 3 years old but I thought it would be better to place it here in the hopes that you guys are watching the forums and will see it.
    I have been thinking about this for some time and wondering if you guys would be willing to add a few more market upgrades.
    One is changing my Hero to a Villon, or a Villon to a Hero. Another is changing my mentor from Superman to Batman or Wonder Woman, or for my Villon Lexluthor to Joker etc...
    The last one I thought of was to change my characters gender.
    Thanks
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Those have all been requested many times before. :)

With faction/mentor changes, it can be argued that there really isn't a need. We can have (or buy) multiple character slots in the game, so we don't need to change factions or mentors to see everything that the game offers for that part of the game. We can make a new character when we want to do that. Also, with faction changes there'd be the issue of what feats could and couldn't transfer, as well as some folks undoubtedly wanting to keep all feats they earn regardless of whether they're still a hero or villain. That kind of caters only to power-gamer/min-max players and could be detrimental to game balance.

Gender change is more problematic. We have some styles in the game that are only for one gender or the other (and some are tied to investigations/briefings that you can only get once) so you'd have to sort out how to handle those. It's also not outside the realm of possibility that making a change like that could cause more than a few headaches for the system itself. It's weirdly interconnected at times and it wouldn't surprise me if being able to change genders would cause unexpected problems elsewhere in the game. And circling back to a point in my first paragraph, we can make multiple characters so the need for gender change is questionable.
    • Like x 2
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I know you're new here because Mepps has explained about a million times why there will never been a faction-change token or a gender change token, which is that it would take endless amounts of work to adapt all the styles to to the other body shapes.

I seriously doubt there will ever be a mentor-change token because mentors do literally zero after a player graduates from the tutorial at level 30. What would be the point? It would literally do nothing, since you never ever speak to or see a mentor again after that.