[Short Curly Hair - Streaks] Why does the eye color effect the hair too?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solus, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Solus New Player

I don't know if this is a bug, but if it is I'll move this. I finally got enough to get this from the auction today and as the title says the color of my character's eyes effect the back of the hair. Yet I can change the top of the hair like any type of clothing/armor. Is this intentional, why have the eye color change that part of the hair instead of one of the two other color swatches in the Styles > Hair category? Also the Hair category in the Colors section effect the back of the hair too. Why do two different color options effect the same part of one object?

[Edit] For visual representation, hair is black with green eyes but the green from the eyes is on the hair too.
    [IMG]

Just to show what happens if you change the Hair color swatch brighter.
    [IMG]
  2. FreyDCUO Well-Known Player

Because you most likely have the first color palette option on your hair on that lime green color (which is identical to your eye color) in your four colors slots.
    • Like x 1
  3. Solus New Player

Nope, all 3 slots in the Style > Hair tab were all black. I made a bug report on this and another player is having the same issue on one of their characters too.
  4. Rainnifer Committed Player

There are some styles out there, usually accessories, that pull their colors directly from your color choices in the Colors tab. Not from the color choices you choose on the item itself via the Styles tab, I have no idea why this is the case, it makes no sense to me, but it is what it is. I don't know if it does that to that particular hair style as I haven't tried it (I don't own it) but yeah.

As an example of what I'm talking about; If you take the Crown of Solomon or Haunted Jack O'Lantern accessories, the fire effect that they both make will only have it's color changed based on the color of your 2nd color slot in the Colors tab, while the rest of the accessory the colors can be manually changed in the Styles tab.

I don't know if you tried yet, but go ahead and try changing each color in your pallette in the Colors tab to another color such as red and see if that changes the green effect on the hair. (make sure to press the save button)
    • Like x 2
  5. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

What Rainnifer said.

Isn't the Starfire hair also linked to the normal hair color as a base, and the glowy part linked to one of the four colors in the palette?
  6. Rainnifer Committed Player

I believe the glowy part is colored via the color slots for hair in the style section. I personally hate when the color of things are only affected by what you directly choose in a specific color slot in the Color tab, sometimes I find myself having to switch around the colors on Everything just to get that one color right for the style.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

*Slaps forehead* That never occured to me, I'll check it later when the server comes up.
  8. Megzilla Developer

The ombre color takes on whatever color you have set to Color Slot 1 in your Hair style tab. In this case the ombre is on top of your head, your hair color what is orange in the picture. I suggest going into your styles tab, to the color channel editor, and checking which slots you have your colors set to for Hair.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Visual aide:
  10. Rainnifer Committed Player

I don't think that was the problem they were experiencing. If you look closely to their first picture, they have their hair color set to black and the ombre color set to black, but you can see a slight green hue on the bottom part of the hair. They then mentioned that all the color slots in the hair style section were set to black.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Environmental lighting? Some styles when set to black have a slight green tint, the enhanced Beyond gear for example.
  12. Rainnifer Committed Player

Maybe, I need to get my hands on the style to see for myself but It cost a lot for something I'd probably never wear otherwise.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Eye color does slightly tint the hair base.
    • Like x 1
  14. Megzilla Developer

Thank you, I'll inquire.
    • Like x 1
  15. Megzilla Developer

We learned we had some RGB channel sharing which might be why eye color was affecting the hair. I dont have an ETA on a fix but I think we have it figured out. Thanks yall!
    • Like x 4
  16. BatmanNj New Player

Hello I wonder if we could have the batman cape in the week 5 and with the gloves too please it would be great!
  17. Hullkliing New Player

Hi! Any updates on this? I noticed yesterday there was the same eye color tint issue on the long curly hair-ombre as well.
  18. Megzilla Developer

No update; this is a low priority bug that can be addressed when time better allows. Thank you for the bump though.