How is this better than the monthly content?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Mar 17, 2020.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

We are literally going months without nothing to do as far as content. And that's without replays. Monthly doc releases kept us busy. I've logged on maybe a total of 10 mins the last month, because the current content is stale. It wasn't good in the beginning imo, but it's just terrible now.
    Devs need to get things going, and I don't mean adding something that will bleed the player base for money.
    • Like x 1
  2. Isif Committed Player

Soon you'll have about 3-5 new artifacts to grind out with the new episode and St. Patties just dropped, so that's always fun.;)
  3. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I don't think it would work with Elite rewards a d how Elite/Event content is structured
  4. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

This way is better for more people, so we don't feel constantly overwhelmed by having to "catch up" on the grind/gear treadmill. With three to four months in-between each episode, we can relax and take it lightly and slow for a little bit, and maybe play/start new alternates to experience the game with other powers. Not all of us have the ability/resources to constantly grind out all the content within the first month (or even first two months) of release. Please have compassion for those that don't have it as easy as you do?
    • Like x 13
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Content delivery will never keep up with player demand. Players can and will play through new content far faster than developers can make it and deliver it to the live servers. And even during the time of monthly content releases, this was proven out.

There's also the detail that the monthly content ended up diminishing (to an extent) the ending of some of the content they had been working on. Remember, Halls of Power and War of the Light content was finished during the monthly content releases, but that slipped by some people and among those that did notice there was some disappointment in how those stories finished out. War of the Light's finish in particular left some folks saying, "Wait, that's it?" I think there's an argument to be made that having full episodes over monthly gives a chance for some more complete (and hopefully satisfying) content.

As for what to do in the meantime? As Tabby Belle mentioned, there's making alts. There's decorating a base. There's working on the more grind-tastic feats in the game. There's going into older content and helping new players get feats or learn game mechanics. There's the chance to play around with new loadouts and experiment to see what might be fun or more effective for you. The game might not be as much of a sandbox environment as it could be, but there's plenty a player can find to keep themselves busy. If all a player does to keep themselves busy is to concentrate on one part of the game then they may have no one else to blame for boredom but themselves.
    • Like x 9
  6. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Try not blitzing new content as soon as it comes out- you'll find that there's enough to keep you occupied if you don't play for hours every day.
  7. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

For those who don't remember, the devs couldn't keep up with monthly content. Back when they tried releasing monthly updates we ended up with content containing massive glitches & bugs. There were times when the game was down all day for weeks at a time. That's why they don't do monthly anymore. It just wasn't enough time to fully create & test content due to their staffing levels.
  8. Faerie_Knight Well-Known Player

But that goes entirely against everything that MMO Addiction stands for :)
    • Like x 1
  9. L T Devoted Player

Personally, I found the monthly content to be unsatisfactory from a story and content point of view. 1-2 pieces of content doesn't really tell any kind of story, and though having something new to run was good, I didn't like the grind. The only good part of monthly content was Elite Alerts, which I very much enjoyed.

Could it have worked better if done differently? Maybe. You could essentially roll out a new episode in 3-4 stages instead of all at once, and overlap the episodes a bit. But the end result probably wouldn't be that much different from what we have now, with new open world content and rewards introduced late in the episode to hold folks over until the next one comes along.

Also, I'm guessing things get replayed a lot more with the current release format.
    • Like x 2
  10. Chia Death Well-Known Player

I'd say get an adult addiction- like sex or drugs.
    • Like x 1
  11. Faerie_Knight Well-Known Player

I'd say I prefer MMOs. There's no risk of getting a fatal STD, passing on genetic disorders I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (let alone my child), or death.

Well, some people do die due to MMO addiction. But they're also idiots who go for multi-day marathons without food, water, or sleep.
  12. ALB Dedicated Player

Yea, you're probably right, but the old structure was better imo
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

I literally have 20 alts. 18 are at a CR to enter new DLC. The new DLC dropped in November or December. without replays and running the dailies and weekly's, a player could be fully geared going on a month right now. It's been atleast 3 months. I hardly ever use replays, so i'm not rushing through content. 5 months for 2 raids, 1 alert, 1 duo, and 3 dailies is to long. If a player not fully geared right now, they're just not playing the game that often
  14. ALB Dedicated Player

It's been 3-4 months. How is that blitzing? It take hours doing the dailies and 2 raids a week? Are you on the wrong forums?
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Metal Part 2 dropped on December 5, so it's been just over three months.

The holiday seasonal started two days before Metal 2 dropped.

Since then we've also had the Anniversary event, Valentine's Day and now the St. Patrick's stuff. So in addition to all the other things I mentioned, there really hasn't been a lack of things to do.
    • Like x 5
  16. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Well said.
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Yeah, it was much better with monthly when we got two new pieces of content that we ran through in the first week because only 2 pieces of gear were available to buy, leaving us nothing to do for 3-4 weeks until next month release. Sure, they should go back to that.
    • Like x 2
  18. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

No.
    Just no.

Monthly Content was nothing more than a piece of crap setback that DESTROYED tier progression in this game as far as I know it; and it's the sole reason I refuse to do any alt grind.

Tier 7.
    Tier 7 A.
    Tier 7 B.

^Complete Crap right there. Just Combine all the split content into fully fledged episodes and rework the tier structure.

On top of Monthly Content literally only providing 1-2 pieces of content(Duo, Raid.) (Solo, Alert.) You were missing out on a ton of other things that kept you busy.

There was ZERO Open World Content, ZERO Daily Missions, Zero Bounties, and so much more that was left out for them to rush out those 1-2 pieces of content.

That's "Bleeding" Money for you right there, it was physically impossible with monthly content to keep on the game for more than a few hours unless you stockpiled replay badges. And that's the only audience that favored this crappy format, Period.

And one more thing: Monthly Content is the reason War of the Light ended on a whimper instead of a bang. I'll never forgive this content format for that.

Everyone else hated that dang structure including myself, and I don't want to see that Sorry Excuse of a Content Format ever return in the way it was.

Now is the current content structure perfect? No, but by all means I'll take it over the 1-2 pieces of rushed out garbage that they used to put out.
    • Like x 4
  19. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

They should go back to monthly. I feel ripped off playing other games wasting my yearly membership. Because I'm puking from playing 2 ep over and over. Let's play all eps without lockouts and have exp per ko for gear progression. aka gear ranking system. This is how u keep us happy and active with a membership game get on it devs. This thing about being able to get max cr or even reg gear in so little time is wrong on every lvl of any mmorpg online game
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think the closest we got to either open world or daily content during that time was Oa Under Siege. But even that one wasn't full open world stuff as you'd end the mission back on Oa.
    • Like x 2