Work In Progress GU 103: Powerset Pet DPS Balance

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Batuba, Mar 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALB Dedicated Player

2 things can be right. Batuba could really be interested in fixing pets and the devs can be trying to promote the artifact. I believe it's more about promoting artifact sells more than just fixing pets, because all the pets are getting a buff. If it was just the buff earth and sorcery have been asking for since revamp, I would believe they are just balancing powers. That's just my opinion
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

People will always find a conspiracy plans in every update.

At the moment I don’t think the pet setup will be viable for the reasons I said before. However if they make changes to make the pet setup be just as good as the crit build than I would be happy with it. You know that most mmos have summer builds available? Dcuo does not currently have one and for those that like that play style this would be great. Hopefully it is good and comparable to crit builds. Again a lot of mmos have crit builds available and until last dlc (current) we didn’t have one.

It seems that the recent artifacts are more about actually setting up new play styles like they originally wanted. And I am all for it.

People can do many different setups right now.

Crit prec
    Crit might
    Pet prec (hopefully)
    Pet might (hopefully)
    Might SC
    • Like x 2
  3. not_again Dedicated Player

I know that there are very few of us that have these trinkets and still play the game, but please do not neglect the bat drone and joker blimp. The damage has always fallen in between the melee and range damage of the robot sidekick. A buff of 12.5% would put it back in line with the type of damage it has done historically. Thanks!
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Thou I agree there needs to be a balance pass on trinket pets, they should not be compared to robot sidekick because they fill 2 completely different slots. As you know, RSK fill a tray slot while the trinket pets fill the utility slot. While they should also be buffed, the buff should be based on other trinket pets.
    • Like x 1
  5. Xibo Loyal Player

Here's my money. Take it!
  6. CCPONCHO Well-Known Player

Excellent points, I felt the same way too in regards to RBS. I'm curious to the test results so I'll know if the new artifact is even worth investing it since my main too is earth. I'll probably run crystal on my melee since I normally hit fortify before I go into my rotation(I'm might dps), but in regards to ST loadout, RBS looks like it's going to parse out better dmg.
  7. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This is just speculation but at base if RSK does 2k to 2.5k dps than with the 50% increase in damage it will turn to 3k to 3.75k damage. I did round down in my estimates so it would be closer to 3.25 to 4K damage. That’s just with the 50% buff. This does not include the rockets being aoe. The range could end up to as high as 4K-5k dps range. Again this is all just speculation since we can’t test something without the actual numbers. This would mean that they would have to change how fortify and offering work in order to make crystal and fury competitive.

A few option on this would be:
    Give fortify/offering the ability to clip
    Give fortify/offering some damage and make it set up PI
    Turn fortify/offering to a 12 second cooldown with the ability to clip while it steadily gives power over time during the whole time and the damage bonus turns to 10 seconds. (12 second cooldown means they can only clip 1 time per most rotations instead of 2 with the 6 second cooldown.
    Turn fortify to an 18 second cooldown with power over time to pet and change damage buff to full 18 seconds.

I personally like the 12 second cooldown the most. But leaving them as is would just keep fury and crystal as the worst dps Pets.
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

I dont think speculations should have a place in a Thread about Balance, lets wait for the pet changes to hit the test server first.
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have to disagree with you to a certain extent. I’m not doing wild speculations based on the unknown. I’m doing informed guessing based on the numbers given and actual testing in game. Comparing numbers I know to what the math says it could be. This is how we can tell if something is needed on an update that is coming. Or else there is no reason for this discussion page since there’s nothing to say until we get it on test.
  10. Batuba Developer

We are also making some changes to Watcher, to which I'll just post here:
    • Increasing Watcher's group heal by 20%.
    • Reducing Power cost of its heal so it can cast 4x before running out of power.
    • Offering now also allows Watcher to benefit from 10% of the player's Restoration for 8 seconds.
    We will be monitoring these changes closely in order to maintain balance. We look forward to feedback on Watcher when PC Test goes live.
    • Like x 10
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Will have to test this but without the ability of Watcher's heals to have the chance to deal critical heals it still may leave it well behind a healer build with the transformation card and or strategist card. Especially with a Watcher build requiring 2 loadout slots in Offering/Summon Watcher compared to what healers would be running now.
    • Like x 2
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Thanks muchly.

If I might add, how about also letting Offering clip like it used to? And how will ritualistic word affect Watcher? Will using sacrificial offering in healing mode offer benefits to Watcher?
  13. Batuba Developer

Once we have player's testing the changes and providing feedback, we can look at how it's falling into place in relation to other abilities and adjust appropriately.
    • Like x 3
  14. Cyro Committed Player

While i think this is a step in the right direction i dont think this will be enough of course i need to test it to see how it performs. One of my issues with watcher is the type of heal is does i would rather we go back to soul siphon which is a "hot" than a simple burst which if im not mistaken only heals one or two people and when it does heal it often spends what power it has on healing itself instead of the group.

The other issue i have is i dont see the changes to offering being nearly enough to warrant using it since it takes up two slots(watcher/offering) leaving only 4.

Like i said i have to test to see how well this performs but considering how many slots we have to sacrifice i dont think its enough.
  15. Aggro Well-Known Player

Can we receive power back on sparring targets? to test, we use micros or other players to test regardless, just kinda miss the power back sparring targets to fully test might or other alternatives, without having to wait for max power, cant really test a 30sec damage parse without help, if not at least add it to the test server only
  16. not_again Dedicated Player

I appreciate your feedback, but the two items I mentioned are permanent pets and this is the permanent pet balance thread. The bonus of these pets is that they are in the trinket slot and do not have to use a power slot. They have consistently, since the game dropped, performed at the level I stated above and I do not want them to be over looked in this balance pass.

Edit: They also share cooldowns and can not be summoned at the same time as other permanent pets
    • Like x 1
  17. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

It's a start maybe u guys can have watcher cast a group shield or maybe throw a healing aura on the group for a set time just throwing some ideas out
  18. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I think this is great since Ritualistic Word will power Watcher and is the group heal for Page of Destiny. It will be interesting to test and move us away from Arbiter SC.
  19. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

thats not at all what was happening, pets were affected by cr so of course if you were running older content they would one shot everything just like mental, gadgets would do back then. If you ran the newest content pet powers like sorc and earth were a bit weaker since if you had low cr your pets did less damage and it was important to get your cr up as fast as possible when new content was released.
    • Like x 2
  20. Theory New Player

I would also like it you could consider looking into Waterspouts, Crashing Wave, Aquatic Arsenal for Water. Waterspouts still didn't get looked at even though its range got nerfed but the damage didn't go up. "More damage for greater risks" does not apply to Water at all. Please look into it. It would be greatly appreciated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.