Work In Progress GU 103: Powerset Pet DPS Balance

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Batuba, Mar 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

U mean if all pets were passive and didn't have to be on ur tray. Yea thats a mind blowing idea right there. Passive pets with stats instead of attacks. Give them some styles and auras chromas could be the change the game needs. Lose the henchmen sidekicks and other combat npcs that u can't move through
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

to anyone thinking they made this only to enhance their new artifact: The upcoming artifact is basically an Earth and Sorc artifact ONLY!

Sure, it does enhance all other pets (except turret pet trinkets), but if these pets do Overtime Damage (wich they all do except Crystal/Fury after given energy), there is no Point because the buff Duration is just 5seconds, wich 2-3 ticks of Overtime damage.

Since the new artifact was already kind of lacking behind - pre testing - this update will bring it in line with others.

The ultimate goal will be to create a Synergy between Source shard and Grimorium to be as strong as the Transformation and Strategist Card artifacts.

Let it hit test and wait until we can see what these changes actually did. The same goes for the Tank balance pass.
  3. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Agreed but gadgets will have a good go of this new art and so will ice
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

its a possible playstyle, but it will never outperform Trans/Strat Combo on these powers.
  5. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

It doesn't have to it could be the 3rd artifact or replace strat n put in grim
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

could work, but since a pet cant crit, i wouldnt recommend using a power to buff the pet that cant Benefit from 2/3 artifacts.
  7. Kaminuse Active Player

Excellent job! I admire that you listen to us and strive to bring refreshing changes to the game. But don't forget Watcher, he needs some love too.
    • Like x 2
  8. Dazz-252 Committed Player

I still have PTSD over how overpowered Pets used to be and the amount of people who abused them without no regret. I remember specifically Earth's Crystal pet and Sorcery's Fury pet were responsible for more damage-out than the human player.
    • Like x 2
  9. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Excuse my ignorance, but which pets are categorized as turret pets?
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The Green Crystal (from SM) and Anti-Matter trinkets are turrets, as well as the Shadow Snake also from SM and its variant from Metal Part I.

They're essentially pet trinkets who only stay out for a very short period of time, but they do a lot of damage to make up for that short window of time, so the pet artifact would probably make them incredibly OP and "must have" trinkets for damage.
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No one would disagree that they need to make money or that they are entitled to do so. What bothers me, and others, is changing the meta right before the release of a new artifact.

I've grown to expect this. Remember back when. Everyone was using EOG like crazy? Wasn't hurting anything until new artifacts were on the horizon. No one knew it, but it set up a new meta for precision players over the next year. Forcing might players to switch over to precision to stay viable. When I say viable, we all know it's much easier to stay alive as precision, hense the LFG chats looking for precision only dps. It's a joke. If they would undo those nerfs to shields, might players would have been in a good place right now.

As for the pets, cool on the buffs to sorcery pets. I see the numbers on paper, but does fury no longer do the stupid pulse beam? That was the biggest problem with fury.

If your working on pets, then why in God's name not fix watcher? Since the stats revamp I have hated, he's hated what you all have done with this power. Saying at one point the risk reward of the powers missing was a skill. Still waiting for that video from the devs showing us what skill they were referring too. Anyway, fix watcher. Sorcery is a pet power, not a dps pet power only. Currently, and afte this. It will still only be a dps pet power.

Just saying, brick is in a great place. Why not watcher?

PS, I'm earth and there is no way I would use the pet even with this buff. You all miss the point of being a dps. It's all about burst fast damage. Whirling dervish will probably still be my go to for melee or clearing. If you make robot sidekick stronger, I'll just change our crystal for the robot.

Maybe if we as might players could have recieved an artifact of some type to help balance single target damage. I'd be interested in that.
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I think the RSK, while it may be equitable in the game balance equations, is going to ninja buff a lot of players' overall damage. I feel there is a lot of power creep in the game right now.

The situation of having Crystal that you power vs RSK will obviously need tested but we can also look at it that Crystal and Fury are going to be much more bursty in damage than RSK. That may give them an edge in gameplay.
  13. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Because they were pet powers... the pets were supposed to do your main damage back then during AM.
    • Like x 3
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I definitely see what you are saying. However (again, this will need testing) RBS seems to be taking the place of what guardian is doing right now on live. As it stands right now, guardian does about 4-5k dps while RSK stands at around 2-2.5k dps. In this patch guardian will loose damage and RBS will gain damage and is going to get an aoe factor that guardian has on live. I am speculating (needs to be tested obviously) that RSK will be doing around the same damage that guardian is doing in live (with cr).

Now comparing that to fury/crystal changes. Fury and crystal remain having ST basic attacks and will also require an ability that does no damage and can’t clip other stuff to gain the added benefits. Yes if you just test the pets damage alone fury and crystal will do more damage than RSK (guardian on live). However once you test it in a rotation you will start to see RSK (guardian on live) pull ahead since during the rotation you would be using a damaging ability in place of offering/fortify. And this would be even worse with the new artifact if the ability the artifact gives also can’t clip. The artifact itself may not be useful if that’s the case either, but that’s not relevant until we see the updated artifact. Back to these changes. As it stands, the only pet that’s worth using over RSK is the turret gadget pet since it doesn’t require an ability to use its abilities.
    • Like x 2
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

A couple of things I'd like to submit:

1. Can Fury's AI be made to match Crystals? I don't know what it is, but it always feels like Crystal will always have better priority of what abilities she'll cast and she'll always hit her target. Fury'll miss, do long handblaster combos, and never really use his abilities that much.
    Edit: Didn't see the goals got ahead of myself.
    Changes look great though, thanks Batuba.
  16. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

True I probably should also mention I'm thinking in terms of prec dps and yea pets dont crit but they get buffed and grim does get buffed from new pet art, he also puts up PI's which with new pet mechanic will buff pet damage considerably. So it would only trans card not working for pets but it will work for PreC dmg
    • Like x 1
  17. Dazz-252 Committed Player

That's the idea on paper but the results did not reflect that, Pets back then were 1 shotting adds before other powers could even begin to apply a rotation. OP.
  18. AV Loyal Player

Slightly off-topic but with pets getting some love is there any hope at all we might finally be able to customize the colour/appearance of our pets, even just a little? :3
    • Like x 3
  19. Miss Adora Loyal Player

thank you for changing suppressor turret from self destructing out of combat, I can't tell you how annoying it is to keep summning every time, it slows you down a little.
    • Like x 3
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Batuba explained that the fixes comes BECAUSE they're working on the new artifacts, so naturally that's when they notice any problems with the powers the artifacts will affect.

This seems to me to be 100% plausible and almost certainly true. Do you disagree and believe Batuba was lying to cover up the nefarious evil plans of someone-or-other at DCUO?

I entirely agree that Watcher should also get a buff at this time.
    • Like x 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.