Work In Progress GU 103: Powerset Pet DPS Balance

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Batuba, Mar 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halvard New Player

The only thing I could suggest on top of these changes, is fixing Sorcery's Watcher. He uses too much power and doesn't heal enough for the current state of the game, and he's actually a very useful part of a Sorcery Healers loadout, so please look into it. Other than that, fantastic work.
    • Like x 1
  2. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

Please look into Mental's supercharge "Bastion". Its cooldown needs to go down to 30 seconds like the other Controller powers Group shield supercharge's!
  3. Templeton Active Player

In the future, can Robot Sidekick remain summoned when we switch between armories with loadouts that still have the ability to summon it? Much like Earth and Sorcery's pets.
    Also, can the cutscenes no longer automatically banish the pet when we attempt to summon them right before they occur? Happens quite often when we have to switch armories before a boss fight, but it all comes down from the need to resummon RSK.
    • Like x 2
  4. Batuba Developer

I didn't have a good place to post this... however Bastion is changed to 30 second cooldown in GU 103
    • Like x 14
  5. ACLife Active Player

I can't LIKE this ENOUGH!! Thank you Thank you Thank YOU
    Smooches to You, Batuba! and everyone else who played a part in making this change!!
  6. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Ty ty ty
  7. Hellclown127! Well-Known Player

So apparently you guys did read my thread! I cant thank you guys enough for this!
    • Like x 3
  8. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

...lol!:D
  9. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

lol you’re right, you’re forced to be an opportunist at times lol, but I’m sure they’ll give a bonus weekend when the new artifacts come. But even with that being said, you aren’t forced to play with the new pet play style, so you won’t be forced to level the new pet artifact
    • Like x 1
  10. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Great changes, this will create a new play style when combined with the new pet artifact, and the trident (I think) which reduces cool downs for (Pet) trinkets

And as someone mentioned before me, Don’t forget about watcher, it’s underperforming
  11. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

see, these types of replies are needed, because it gives more insight as to why certain things are being done. This definitely brings more understanding to the community!
    • Like x 5
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I'm kinda surprised to see these type of changes. It's definitely a welcome "investigation" and "update."

Kudos!
  13. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

Its really weird seeing pets like robot sidekick and supressor turret getting changes especially when there are abilities that need more attention.

Also love how this change is coming right when a pet artifact is being made.

The changes to the sorc and earth pets are nice but whats the point in buffing something like robot sidekick which is used in most loadouts for single target including might and prec.

The reason robot sidekick is used so much is because most loadouts have an open slot making sidekick fit in perfectly, buffing it will just make it being used more while instead you could be buffing weaker abilities so theres a reason to use them instead.

Robot sidekick honestly doesnt need a change at all, its clearly being used a lot and is not "weak" at all in my opinion.

Supressor turret doesnt need a buff either in my opinion but it could be interesting seeing the changes for it since currently most players dont really use it for damage and that could maybe change.
    • Like x 1
  14. majosea Dedicated Player

so how long before we see artifacts that buffs the pet power , and addes more power for fury/crystal ?
    5 + years for power changes , still limited content being made
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

These changes are a good step. However I do have one major concern. These changes will be meaningless for sorcery and earth if offering and fortify aren’t changed to be able to clip other powers. As it stands right now on live, players are better of using guarding/robot sidekick plus another damaging move instead of fury/crystal and offering/fortify.

These changes while great actually push robot sidekick to the place where guardian was. So in turn puts it back in the same place. Using robot sidekick and a damaging ability will be better than using fury/crystal and offering/fortify. If offering and fortify were made to be able to clip than there would be a reason to fit it into a rotation.

Also, is it possible to change fury’s solar attack and crystals shuriken storm to hit aoe instead of ST?
    • Like x 2
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Hopefully that is changed to be a part of the new artifact. Make it so that it gives power over time or natural power regen.

Either that or they change all pets to have natural regen at base
  17. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Idk why theres people saying pets are Op right now because they aren't
    Crystal base damge for weapon attacks is very low and it no longer uses powers as often as it should when it has power And fury has a tedency to miss attacks and is generally weaker then crystal. So it us is nice to see pets getting some attention on the artifacts front.
    • Like x 1
  18. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

Someone posted a video showing that grim was buffed by the new artifact so unless they have changed things to the mechanic it does affect all pets except snake n green turret
  19. p3rf3ctxxxdark Well-Known Player

I recently started using my sorc again watcher is not viable anymore
    and someone brought up an interesting point about watcher. Will offering buff its heals will a pi also increase its heals?? Somethings should be fixed on this matter while you guys are already reworking pets b4 it gets forgotten.
  20. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

As a Gadgets DPS, I am very much looking forward to these changes! Now if we could only stash the pet in our Utility Belts instead of on our tray...
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.