Mepp, Im thinking to start black listing.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kingmasternova, Mar 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

If you want a ban, you don't need Mepps to stop you from posting, or playing.

What you can do, on the other hand, that would be actually useful, is take screen shots of in-game chat that violates the TOS and file a support ticket with it. DCUO can blacklist/ban people. You can't.
    • Like x 1
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

Perhaps this guy tried using ignore and found out ignore no longer works.
  3. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I advise you to follow the opinion of others and send these complaints to support.
    Me for example.
    Several times over the years, I was already harassed in the game, just for being Brazilian just so you have an idea.
    And for that reason I didn't come to the forum to make a noise asking for justice etc.
    Because this is part of the world!
    there are good and bad people ... We have to learn to live together ...:)
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I understand you're obviously frustrated but you realize breaking rules yourself doesn't make it any better.

If you have issues with other peoples behavior then you can simply report and move on, there's no need to draw ongoing attention to it ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Just make a list and send it to Mepps in a private message. You can vent your frustrations and not break the rules.
    • Like x 5
  6. High Troller Loyal Player

I not only have an idea....I have a clear understanding. As with any race/ethnicity/culture in this world, there will always be the few that give the rest a bad name.

At the end of the day, you are correct: We have to learn to live together.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lord Of 5 Well-Known Player

8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

How is a chat box influencing your game experience? Very confused. If your referring to the children in shout, 5v5, or any other random chats. You do know you can turn them off? Those, along with trade chat have been off for years on my game.

Remember, snitches get stitches. Lol, jk.

Move on and have fun bro. Better things to do in life than worry about others.
    • Like x 1
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I strongly disagree. If everyone reported in-game chat that violated the TOS, i.e., racism, sexism, insults, obscenity, harassment, etc., the game would be tremendously better off and so would all the players who aren't at all interested in childishly violating the TOS.

I'd urge everyone to report as many violations, with screen-shots, as they can practically do. Even a few reports by most players would tremendously improve our quality of in-game chat/shout.

And I'm not interested in the least in hearing defenses of how violations do no harm, people are too uptight, we should all just live with it, etc. Those are the wails of people who violate the TOS or, at the least, have no care for the community overall and people other then themselves and their kiddie friends.
    • Like x 2
  10. Monkeyboy Committed Player

I wonder if you would be interested in playing the game? I wonder if you thought about the money lost for banning these people? Why not take a mature approach and just ignore what they say. If it's that egregious many will report, anyway. As with any community, try policing it yourself by not grouping with that person or put them on your ignore list (you won't see their ignorance). I would rather a company focus on progression of the game than being a babysitter.
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Google "herd immunity."

Tell me, do you think we should all "take a mature approach and just ignore burglaries, theft, and robberies," because it's only property that can be replaced and people should shrug and get on with their lives and not report these crimes because what good would it do after the fact? And, besides, if it's egregious, other people will report it.

Laws and rules exist for reasons. There's nothing in the least "mature" about letting chat turn into a cesspool too unpleasant for anyone but trolls.

I said nothing about babysitting or what DCUO would do. In fact, the ONLY way to avoid having the company having to spend money on fixing the problem is for individual players to do the mature thing and take responsibility for doing their part in keeping shout and trade chat useful. Community self-policing is all that is necessary. But it is necessary.

There's simply no reason for anyone to oppose this unless they want the "freedom" to violate the TOS in chat, which, after all, is a "freedom" many want, I grant.
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I'm CR 294 and have 442 SP. Clearly I don't play and haven't since early 2012.

I can also rub my tummy and pat my head at the same time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.