Letter from Dimensional Ink CEO Jack Emmert

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

DCUO 2 confirmed??
    • Like x 1
  2. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Shhhhhhhhhh, let people dream
    • Like x 1
  4. Malivic01 Active Player

It's not without the realm of possibility. The studio and development team that was operating Everquest decided to take their new found freedom from Daybreak to being work on Everquest 2. Only time will tell what Dim Ink decided to do with their freedom.
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

If we're going by the theme of their website, I'd wager it's a superhero MMO not attached to any official IP. That way they have ultimate creative freedom and won't have to ask Daddy DC for permission to use anything.

We'll see though.
    • Like x 2
  6. Irmensul Well-Known Player

Please let this be a decent superhero mmo,if not DCUO2,let it be in the realms of Cryptics games & this one..(or a Warhammer 40k mmo..I could live with that..)..Improve the character creation choices even more..But most importantly,hire Jim Lee again to help design the character models,else it will risking be not as good..or if you cant get him ask Joe Madureira..This is important!
  7. DulcineaDelTaborda New Player

There are a few simple things that would really help the game in my opinion.
    1 :Double the amount of daily stabilizer fragments for all players,currently it takes a week to open 2 time capsules for a member,which withthe raritythings and the amount of different caps makes it unreasonable and for the most part a waist of time, cause it takes months to get anything worth while.
    2: double the amount of marks and coin for dailys, 3or4 each from thanagar, metal gotham and chaos gotham is so repetetive everyday for very little reward, and add rath crowns to the daily's in atlantis and at least source marks for titans island which neither currently give you anything wort while besides exo's which are not needed for many players now.
    3: Put a cap on the broker, or set prices for items ,because as of now you have to be a billionare to buy anything there which is not good for the games economy,for most players its just beyond their means.
    4: More iconics for legends pvp and pve,and feats for l pve, lobo,darkseid,zatanna,mongul, and some of the dark knights like merciless,batman who laughs,red death, and some more related characters for flash and arrow,zoom,canary,elongated man,malcom merlyn.Flash and arrow are the only 2 that have no related characters to play asfor feats.
    5: Give members more rewards every month with their subscription,there is no game without memberships,make it more appetizing for people to pay the monthly fee by giving more replays and DB cash, or add something else like a cache of nth and a seal of preservation,or even a few stabilizers every month,keeping the customers happy is good for business and would get people to spend more in the market place if the monthly subscription better off set the amount spent for market place items.
    6: Having to wait a week in most cases to play an duty mission again is ridiculous,cut it to 3 days max,the game is supposed to be fun not grueling ,don't get me wrong I like playing the game, but at times its just the same **** over and over which becomes monotanous when you can't play anything for an extended period of time because of a week of loot locks from the on duty menu.
    7: this involves the broker number 3, just thought that if they capped the amount of cash anyone could have ,like lets say 500 mill the prices in the broker would be reasonable, if thats all anyone can spendprices would drop dramatically making it more feasable for all players, and would make the broker worth looking at.
    Just a few simple things that would make the game less of a chore and more entertaining, more insentives for grinding everyday, better reasons to get that membership every month and just being able to compete with people who buy everything with a creditcardand don't acyually even have to play the game.
    We the players look forward to proper change for everyone not just the billionares and credit card holders that seem to be what this game is only concerned about.
  8. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  10. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

There's no doubt in my mind it is based on an already existing IP, because the job listings basically say that it is. Several of them have used the term "based on an iconic, world class IP" and at least one of the job descriptions (I think it's for one of the artist jobs not sure) specifically said that you would be recreating "iconic heroes and villains in a stylized game." I have absolutely zero insider information, but if I had to guess I would definitely say it's either DCUO 2 or a Marvel MMO. I know there are other comic companies out there, but let's face it - Marvel and DC are the two main ones. The terms "heroes" and "villains" are not exclusive to the superhero genre of course, but I genuinely can't think of anything else it could be. Although Proxystar mentioned Transformers a few weeks ago, probably as a joke, but I genuinely would lose my s**t if it ended up being a Transformers MMO.
    • Like x 4
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ahh, I didn't look at the job listings. Consider my interest now peaked, cause if it ends up being a marvel MMO styled like this game, I'm pretty sure I'd scream like a little girl.

Cheers to hoping.
    • Like x 2