You guys really think this is fun

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MAXILIANO, Mar 2, 2020.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

+ knowledge of what to do and what not to do.
    • Like x 1
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You mean those familiar and experienced with the mechanics know how to complete it simply with a competent group.

It's unlikely you'll find a spontaneous LFG group consisting of a majority of people who actually know the mechanics of any Elite raid. Frankly, your expectations are unreasonable, and seem to be based on the CR-meant-everything era, which is indeed now long past.

Stats may now matter, but knowledge of what to do remains the factor that most matters.
    • Like x 1
  3. Aspirit Active Player

This was why the revamp happened, to not breeze through content but learn mechanics. Before it was just pure chaos anything 1 shotted anything.
    A pet would hit for 700k 8 targets, I was around and it was absolutely meaningless to do anything, just join something run like crazy and exit.

Elite raids were hard back then as they are now, I remember the pbe feats, patience and a group of people who used their minds got all the feats.
    Don’t expect to rush with a group and get feats that require certain people to pay attention to mechanics.
    Shout or form a group that’s how you do those feats.
    • Like x 2
  4. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Sorry for the delay in responding.I had some problems that prevent me from being able to enter the forum these days ...Observing everyone's comment I see that you are really satisfied with the current system ...So I have nothing to say unless I'm sorry ...But what counts is the will of the majority ...It is a shame in my case, because I know that I will never be able to play with my teammates in my league again, because they, like me, did not like these changes.It is a pity because I will never be able to play the old contents that I like so much because I do not intend to be angry at something that I spent 2, 3, 9 years ago!My idea of ​​"Evolve" is how the name speaks, EVOLVE!Be stronger! More powerful! Even more when it comes to a super powers game!If only we were given the option to choose the "level" we want to go to, and portals, so we can go there alone ...Well, but I know this is just a dream.Everyone doesn't agree with me, and I'm just a voice in the wind.And in the end what matters is the fun of the majority!
  5. Rainnifer Committed Player

Honestly, if you really want to feel like you've become powerful enough to steamroll things and blast through the mission, then regular level content is what you should play. Elite level is when it's meant to actually test not just your brute strength, but your mind as well ;) You have to "Evolve" in more ways than one to be successful in Elite. There's no problem playing regular level, I play regular in any new content, but you can't complain about not being able to complete Elite if you aren't expecting to do what it takes to beat it. (You as in anyone in general)
    • Like x 2
  6. Starry Knight Active Player

A tank only using Heat Vision (and I assume basic attacks to refill the gage?)? I mean, though it's very much more of a DPS skill I can understand having Heat Vision on the panel but to not use the other 5? I can only assume you had a very dedicated RPer,

Well, CR provides a far larger gain to stats that Skill Points do (and thankfully so, otherwise the game would be too newcomer unfriendly) but the other ones are all valid.

The other thing of course is if they're actually geared for the role they've run for. For example a CR292 controller in dps gear will have less dominance than one at CR150 in the correct stuff (possibly less vitalization too but I'm less certain there). Because event content boosts you to a minimal amount someone may legitimately not know that when it comes to non-event stuff.

How did you do the first part? I tried soloing Khandaq and couldn't keep both of the NPCs safe. Though as I was in heal spec maybe I just couldn't kill the mobs fast enough? Gates on the other hand, that was much easier.
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

CR provide no gain to stats. Zero, zip, nada.

It's the other way around. The CR is determined by the average level of the gear weighted by a formula per piece.

CR is just a measure of the average of your gear. It does nothing by itself. Nothing.

Many years ago, there was a period when CR controlled a differential in power, but that hasn't been the case for many years.
    • Like x 1
  8. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

In reality, I understood both your point of view and the point of everyone who spoke here.
    What I realized is that in fact the majority didn't quite understand what I said ...
    Perhaps the difficulty I have with the language?
    Well ... But anyway, even if you understand, I realized that everyone is against my thoughts.
    in the end I'm just an old dinosaur used to old gameplay that will never exist again ...
  9. The Anxient Loyal Player

Having a higher cr means you are wearing more powerful gear. More powerful gear has better stats, therefore if your cr is much higher its easy to deduct that you will also have better stats.
  10. High Troller Loyal Player

about 5 hours ago, i finished off the first and second boss as the only standing player in the group. i was a 291 cr 151 sp earth tank. sure, the damage is intense. but you do need to realize that most players ignore what the actual objectives are in the first 2 areas. I know about the mechanics quite well in the elite raid. this is no tank and spank raid. everything was observed as working as intended.
    • Like x 1