Work In Progress GU103: Tank Balance

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Batuba, Mar 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Oh wow! It looks like the constructive thread we had about Fire tanking and how it lags behind didn't fall on deaf ears (eyes?). What you're doing is showing promise. I think the only thing that would help is to have something that works akin to a stun move... similar to the way Earthen Grip will grasp and hold adds... and this could potentially go for all tank powers, not just Fire. It doesn't necessarily have to freeze them in place the way EG does, but as an example for Fire if they're forced to stand there for a couple of seconds and try to use their hands in order to put out some of the fire on their clothing.
  2. Cyro Committed Player

FINALLYYYY in batuba we trust!!

The only changes i can think of that i would want for earth is general pet changes like the ui for pets disappearing when you re-summon them and im not sure if this is the case or not(currently cant test it with test down) i would love for the amount of dom you have to affect bricks health.

Fires changes look amazing but i would have to test it to really see if anything needs to be tweaked. I would say it may need a little bit more of a buff but once i play around with it i may feel differently, i dont want it op i just want it balanced
    • Like x 5
  3. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I wish they would make it so that Dilustel Refractor is activated by a "Pull or Power Native Single Taunt"... because quite frankly sometimes using Pebble Blast, Frost Snipe, Particle Beam, Fireball, or Rage Blast is more advantageous than having to use Mesmerizing Lasso... since Lasso will grab an add instead of the boss when one is in the way, where the power native single taunt will strike the intended target.
    • Like x 2
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

The nerf isn't drastic and once it get on test we can see the impact it has. Hopefully if rage is struggling they will ease up a little on the numbers.

Fire's changes are intriguing. I'm curious why there wasn't a flat buff to healing numbers. Rage pretty much does the same thing better. I'd dare say I felt more risk running fire as a whole than rage crash presented me.

The change to immolation will make it mandatory. If so can it get it's effect of burning enemies who attack you back to build synergy with having to attack burning enemies to build stacks? Since it acts more as a damage filter than a shield , what if it have a new animation to better represent the extra layer of fire giving you more mitigation. If not, can fire soul have a visual indicator? The green heart below you life and power bar is not always in your direct vision. Something visually represented on your character would go a long way. Maybe a special aura similar the quark gluon one Atomic has could be used to represent fire soul. Maybe it changes to a more intense color as you get to max stacks(perhaps the return of the blue flame is at hand)
    • Like x 4
  5. Cyro Committed Player

Thank you for reminding me, i think egrip is op it was balanced back when it was a single target pull but now that its multi and stuns them as well it seems too much. I would like it to still be a multi pull but only stun one or two enemies
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Interested to test the changes, particularly fire - i'll probably give more feedback then, thanks. If I think of anything bugging me with Earth too then I might let you know, but it's generally been in a pretty good spot.
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You'd be surprised how many healers have no clue what abilities they have even heal NPC's nor are actually thinking they have to heal pets/Brick and just focus on the tanks health.
    • Like x 4
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

It just seems like the ranged multi pull and the 360 pull each tank power set has should have some mild stunning effects so that we're not stuck waiting on the chronometric emitters to cool down.

As another aside, can the multi pulls please override encasements? I thought the "rooting stuns" either went away or were overridden by tank pulls.
    • Like x 1
  9. appocolyps Committed Player

Fire, needs more mitigation.

Rage is op, but slighly warrented imo, the stacking mechs in pce 1st boss for example still make hard to master, ie energy phase stacking ontop of charge....oh wait the adds just spawned. Damnn i need to rage crash cancel.....too late.

Earth, please can we have the 5 seconds or whatever it was when brick died of damage transfer grace period back, idk why it was taken out, brick dies too easily in elite content. The grace period helped massively with that.

Ice, its great as long as you dont design mechs that ingnore shields (MMe).......seriously, what do you expect them to do? Abit too squishy without a shield too imo.

Atomic, i havent played enough, not fair for me to comment what it needs tbh, played it once and hated the poor manuverabilty and in the new kiting era it just makes it almost impossble for me to come to terms with using it.
    • Like x 5
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

My 15 threads on atomic made a difference
    • Like x 1
  11. appocolyps Committed Player

Yeh when i tell healers to heal brick, i usually get "ermmmm how do i do that"?

Giving us back the 5 second grace period when he dies would help massively with this, i have no idea why it was taken out tbh.
    • Like x 1
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Suggestion for Earth: The Brick playstyle is almost unusable for Elite Raids, since Brick is only absorbing the dmg taken on your Health but not dmg taken Overall. So all shields are weaker because your defense doesnt get boosted with Brick. So in reality Brick helps you to survive longer without a Shield but mostly only for a few seconds because he dies too fast.

My Suggestion would be to either help Brick Players out with a defense buff or simply increase Bricks Health pool by - a lot
  13. ZuroXtheDragon Active Player

Greetings.
    My main is Earth powered and i am fine with the damage but if i may...
    I am using the best suggested ways to tank which i watched here and there.
    Maybe you cold make the "Fortify golem" skill refresh a little faster and the shield's duratin slightly longer because even though im way above 400 skill points, sometimes even normal raid end bosses make me think twice what shall i do. Not to mention the elites.
    Thank you
    ~Zurox
  14. ZuroXtheDragon Active Player

Anyone can call me "untalented" or "lame" but i prefer when a player can "enjoy the game" in any role and not the situatiions when players are not "yelling during sweating off their faces with clenched bottoms" XD
    • Like x 2
  15. ZuroXtheDragon Active Player

Now that is a great idea mate! *High five*
  16. Mazahs Loyal Player

Thanks for looking into these!
    Without testing I would also suggest looking at Density. I believe it's the 2nd weakest shield in game
    You are almost forced into using iconic HL shield because of this.

I
    • Like x 3
  17. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Shatter Restraints and Reflection are weaker but given the former is a breakout and the latter does some damage, it does seem like Density should be a bit stronger. According to OC, Immolation was slightly better than Density. So I agree to buff Density BSM.

In fact, maybe Shatter Restraints and Reflection could use some fine tuning. They are basically on par with the PDF consumables.
    • Like x 2
  18. August Moon Well-Known Player

tbh it would help alot if fortify golem forced brick to use his heal moves . it feels like he heals whenever he feels like it . im not sure what he uses the power on, if its the ground pound , its not even knocking up adds . and totems healing is completely abysmal . the last time i used it which was in pce i saw a heal back crit of 1500..... thats 1500 out of the 100k health pool that brick has . at least with fortify you see the 20ks roll in and fast , but the usage is literally once in a blue moon
    • Like x 2
  19. The Game Well-Known Player

It honestly makes no sense why rage needs to be touched...Just fix fire as it has a huge amount of problems.

A lot of people jumped ship to other tank powers because of it being far behind the other tank powers. Just fix fire. -___-
    • Like x 2
  20. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Dont touch rage...instead boost the underperforming tank powers to its level. We want tanks to be "tanks", not kiters.
    • Like x 12
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.