Would a shared money option be considered at some point in time?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Caroline Dedicated Player

I know it's been mentioned and asked for before, just like I know that there are not one but multiple threads like this one, but since they're quite old, I thought I'd just make a new one, now that we have some changes that aren't fun at all and I'm talking about the in-game cash that we can no longer exhange through the mail option with the rest of our toons.

Call me uninformed, but I have no idea how the money glitch happened and I suppose that's the reason why we can no longer send in-game cash to our characters? If that's a permanent decision, why can't we have a shared bank option where we have full access to our money from all of our toons?
    • Like x 8
  2. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Its probably also to counter spam bots. They can track trades easier
  3. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

Funny, I remember when being able to mail money was a membership perk- guess they're just taking stuff away without talking about it now.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not sure about you, but I've noticed a considerable drop in spambots since they dumped the ability to mail money. I haven't even bothered ignoring any in a week or more. If they can make it so we can move around cash in our account, I personally would take the shared slot over a return of mailed money.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Of the suggestions and options, the shared bank seems to be the best so far.
    • Like x 24
  6. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

so are yall gonna adjust the price of membership down now? its been 3 going on 4 months without the ability to mail cash, a MEMBERSHIP PERK.... yet without it........not really worth 15 bucks a month anymore.
    • Like x 1
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

Do you routinely mail large amounts of cash to toons that aren't on your account? I can probably count on one hand how many times that I've done that in the whole time I've been in the game.

Do you run multiple accounts, for some reason? I'm just genuinely curious.
    • Like x 2
  8. MrPlumberman Active Player

Is this simply an observation or is there any intent behind this statement that we can look forward too?
    • Like x 2
  9. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Realistically, only my main is active enough to make money. Only on events do the others come out as more than just bank space. So only in this one way would mailing money help me.
    Yes using alternates to help my main get the event stuff only requires a small amount of money, easy to earn by actually playing the game. But it is more convenient for RunfromDanger Man to mail UndercoverHero Girl, H2Zero and Specees8472 the money they need to get the event items that they will just be sending back to Danger.
    I admit that is hardly a valid reason to need the ability to mail money, but I have an extra 50 million (thereabouts) spread out across 7 alternates that is going unused outside of events now. So a shared bank would help with that.
    It also would help with the broker. After all, my bank-space-alternates wouldn't have to trade to my Main before broker-ing. Shared money means my alternates can broker their own bank space and it goes to Danger's pool.

When I type all of it out is sounds--well, reads stupid. However it would still be a little more convenient for me.
  10. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I choose to view it as a "maybe".
  11. Lord Of 5 Well-Known Player

The Lord agrees with having a shared bank option. As far as the money glitch happened all The Holy One can say it has pc cheese doodle fingerprints all over it.
  12. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

Shared bank option would be nice.
  13. Hraesvelg Always Right

Yeah, that's the same boat I'm in. That's why I was asking the guy saying that this devalues a Legendary account benefit to the point of not being worth it. The only reason I really ever just mailed cash was to my alts and a shared bank would preclude the need for that. All other transactions I tend to do in a trade window.
    • Like x 3
  14. not_again Dedicated Player

Mailing money need to be added back the game. Just make it more restrictive. You have to be on each others friend list or in the same league. Restrict the amount of mailed money per week/month/etc.

Organized league are should be able to sale things to league mate even if there play times do not always line up. The mail makes this possible. Also, there are players that have both a PS account and a PC account and being able to move money between those accounts is very valuable especially with the time capsule gear being locked to a specific platform.

The shared bank for account needs to be added regardless of mailing money!
  15. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Ok. Conspiracy theory time. Maybe mailing money needs to come back because trade windows are unreliable. However, mailing stuff. All I have to do is mail the money to you and the next time you are on you can mail me whatever I'm buying. While trade windows rely on both sides being online and trustworthy, mailing is easy and quick. Trade windows also give the other person the ability to see what else is in your inventory. What you are hiding from the multiverse. Mailing is more private and easy to keep away moochers.

And before you or anyone else questions it. No, I don't actually believe that. lol
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The only single spot I see this being a real issue is moving things from villain to hero on separate accounts. Previous to the change If I wanted to get cash from one faction to another, mail works fine. You can't do a hand to hand trade and assuming the shared bank cash slot is implemented the villain to hero trades in the same account become not an issue...but until then it's a problem even without the 2 accounts in the picture. Now...how often does this come up? Well for me a bunch as I run multiple accounts and sometimes go in and out of membership where cash trade/mail is a benefit, but for most it should not be a problem.

Now, there is something to be said for the fact that we do 'pay' for the privilege/ability to mail cash, which has been removed and probably won't come back. That does suck a bit, especially if the shared bank option is open to all including F2P.

I'm still in favor of the change, but it's not 100% without it's drawbacks for some. I'll take one for the team if it means the spambots are hampered more than we are.
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not sure you've used trade in the game. How does reliability factor into it? The items are put in (up to 4) and cash as needed....both parties see what's up there...both have to accept. Any changes to what's shown null the trade until you can review it again. How can you get scammed unless you are trading for PSN, or cashapp (both against the TOS) or or trading more than 4 items at a time? If you are doing any of those you are just as open to being scammed as if you send something in the mail and the buyer/seller gets on and says 'thanks sucker!' and you get nothing.

As far as seeing your inventory...the tradee can only see theirs or what you put in the trade window. Only you see whats in your inventory, not them.

That is quite the conspiracy indeed, and like most conspiracies is founded on misinformation.
  18. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

It doesn’t make sense and the info is false. That’s the whole conspiracy theory part. I know it doesn’t make sense. That’s the way I intended it...hence the conspiracy theory part.
    • Like x 1
  19. Aspirit Active Player

Ya hate to see it. But here I must say it again.

Shared bank and after reset everyone to 100mil.

It’s going to be as beautiful as the first year the game launched.

I might actually cry. *sniff*
  20. Aspirit Active Player

Staff please don’t forget people who still have tens of billions or hundreds even when the mail is down, if they can trade it, all they need is two consoles or two launchers on pc.

A shared bank will cut their “balls” and efficiently castrate them, so the eunuchs will never make bank ever again with a 100 mil cap.

Just imagine a 100mil cap, they will need 10 accounts to make 1 bil. But the most important thing, imagine a broker with prices that make sense and everyone can eventually actually achieve their goals.