What kind of mechanics/ideas from other games would you like in DC?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hmmmm, Oct 6, 2019.

1. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

Since the old content is no longer evolving, everything is the same, whether you are playing new content or old content.Then remove the relevance! At least we will have reasons to play or re-make the old content ...
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

To be honest, there's only 1 thing I want right now, and it's inspired by my many hours playing as FL4K the Beastmaster in Borderlands 3: That Robot Sidekick from the Iconic Powers is okay, but we need more options like that, especially Animal Companions! And especially a WOLF, 'cuz REASONS...

[IMG]

Now you know... AND KNOWING'S HALF THE BATTLE! ;)
  3. Solarbound Committed Player

Since we're talking about features from other MMOs we would like to have implemented here in DCUO, there is one I think would be extremely helpful. Final Fantasy 14 has this feature called "Squadrons" which consists of NPCs that you can recruit to help you run content. And, within that process, you can have them train to become stronger the further you go along for greater challenges.

One the biggest things players here in DCUO have recently complained about is not being able to gather enough players to help them run older content that requires a group. So, what if the DEVS were able to provide such a feature of being able recruit NPCs in the same sense? It would honestly be a pretty good solution to eliminate that very problem.

Imagine being able to recruit iconics like Flash or Green Arrow to help you in an alert or raid with whoever else. That's what it would essentially be. Or, maybe it's another exobyte inherited hero or villain trying to make a name for themselves like the characters we've created. How about our own alts? And, of course, they'd all be there to play whichever roles we need.

Either way, it's the kind of idea that could only be beneficial for everyone. Whether, you're in it for feat grinding or simply a newer player who only seems to get left behind due to not being able to get the help they need. Maybe, it gives the game a bit more staying power as well. This is probably one the DEVS should truly think about.
    • Like x 5
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Coming from other MMO's but also many other game Genres is a battle System that lets you benefit of your Movement/Location of Standing.
    An Example would be the 360° attack of Lady Blackhawk In Pheonix Cannon.
    This is exactly the type of attack i am referring to.
    Basically giving especially big bosses that you cant counter these kind of attacks. Right now we have Hawkman in Dark Multiverse that hits you with a ranged attack followed by a ranged attack followed by a ranged attack followed by a melee attack followed by.... you get my Point.

Same goes for Barbatos. Especially the cone attack is annoying since its taking him 1second to charge but doesnt lock him in place, so even if you rund around him like the Flash with Dash attack he will always hit you.

My Point is that Tanks are Eating and Eating and Eating Damage non stop and you cant Play anything else than a Loadout consisting of as many shields as Possible - especially for elite Content.

With more abilites in bossfights like the 360° of Lady Blackhawk you could even manage to finish a fight with a missing Tank that died 2seconds before the Boss gets knocked out and not wipe the whole thing because the Tank ran out of shields even tho he uses a loadout consisting of at least 3 shields but they are all on Cooldown due to the way These bosses are hitting anything that reckless.

That would also help Tank powers regain their Unique playstyles for Elite Raids like: Earth - Brick; Fire - Selfhealing; Atomic - Battle Tank. Ice and Rage never had a Unique playstyle opposed to the Meta playstyle since the meta of Tanking always benefited them anyway.
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I like the Champions Online idea of creating your own Nemesis.

You know the mid-boss in the Level 30 Save Superman mission in the Hall of Doom? As I recall, he's called The Overlord, and I've always thought he should come back as a player-centered Arch Nemesis for occasional story content. It'd be even better if I could start from Character Creation and really build him out.
    • Like x 2
  6. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

This is a great idea! Even more taking into account how the game is currently without relevance, without cadential evolution. I believe that this would bring a lot of benefits to the game.:)
    • Like x 1
  7. Solarbound Committed Player

That's an idea I was ready to touch on myself. We're playing a Superhero vs. Supervillain MMO. Having our characters engaged into a nemesis storyline should be essential at this point.
    • Like x 1
  8. Brit Loyal Player

World of Warcraft does this awesome game maintenance approach where if a player is not subscribed and does not log in for 2 full expansions, Blizzard frees up the names from the inactive characters. I really like having regular name purges as a part of game maintenance, so that names get freed and re-used, instead of having an ever dwindling supply forcing more and more of the XXXnameXXX nonsense.