Custom channel management

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Valka Lynx, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Long ago I created a few custom channels to able to text my friends regardless of faction/league, but now I have a few questions and a request.

Question 1.
    Is there a way to kick someone out of the custom channel? I accidentally misclicked and sent a couple invites when trying to phase to people, fortunately they didn't accept. But if they did, could I remove them somehow?

Question 2.
    Is there a way to see people who joined custom channel but don't actively sit in the voice chat?
    As a channel creator I'd like to have an access to the list of chat members.
    Besides it's easy to join a channel without invitation by simply typing its name in Chat Options.

Funny thing: if someone joined a custom channel via settings, they still can receive an invitation for this exact channel. :confused:

Question 3.
    Is there a way to delete voice channel completely? Not just leave, but disband it.

Request.

Can options to invite someone to voice channel be moved away from Trade/Phase and Tell, maybe closer to Invite to Group and Invite to League? It's really inconvenient when switching phases during bounty farm.
    One workaround is disabling voice chat in the settings, but sometimes I need it enabled.

[IMG]

Or can there at least be a confirmation window, like "Are you sure you want to invite <player> to voice channel <channel's name> ?

Thanks in advance. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They're moving the social ui around every once in a while and its always inconvenient at some point, depending on whats being used. So the best way would be the confirmation window you suggested.
  3. Blazing Bacon Well-Known Player

Question 1.
    Nope. Custom channels are completely public. Anyone can add them.

Question 2.
    As the previous answer, custom channels are completely public. We've had issues with people coming into roleplay channels to grief them but there's nothing to do but to block people.

Question 3.
    Once a channel is created, it exists going forward. Voice chats are linked to the custom text channels
  4. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

That sucks. :( Would like a bit more privacy and control over it, but oh well. Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I think everything else was answered, but this I see as a feature of sorts. For example, if you are in league, group, or instance chat someone can "re-send" an invite to a custom chat you have to basically say "hey, we're in this channel can you join us to talk" with minimal effort. At least, that's what my league uses it for.
    • Like x 1