Devs: Dim Ink 2020 Transparency please

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Malivic01, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Brother Allen Loyal Player

First off I want to thank you for actually answering some of the questions. However, for God's sake...when are you guys going to address PVP. I mean, it has been YEARS since you all did any form of balance to it or even pumped out a new PVP set. It has surpassed ridiculous and ventured into the territory of unbelievable that a company, especially a new one for that matter, would want a portion of their game to go untouched/improved upon for as long as it has been. It is quite mind boggling to say the least.
    • Like x 5
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

Another benefit could be a boost in nth drop for members, I don't know...something like 15% or 20% more.
    Some of the actual benefits are not only outdated but also kinda useless, more nth is something that we will use.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

That is another good benefit, yes
  4. Chia Death Well-Known Player

It's fantastic to hear that you're looking at this, even with the obvious caveat that there is no guarantee anything will be changed. Still awful nice to hear it's on your radar.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I echo this sentiment Mepps, but even if you don't balance can we please just get some love in pvp.

A new set of gear, with some increased stats is way, way overdue.

At the very least that would get people playing it and could you please do some pvp weekends.

Do something like double marks on one map once a month or something as this would also motivate pvp players as well as help immensely with pvp feat farming on maps that just don't pop, especially 8v8s
    • Like x 4
  6. Controller Devoted Player

I just want my MTV and my Delorean.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

They'd be better off revamping the Promethium Lock Box loot tables, put all those style sets on the marketplace or in the vault or just make sure they are random trash loot drops in future episodes so that styles are no longer lockbox drops, if players what the villains ones it encourages them to make a villain toon or cr skip one to earn them and unlock on hero later. Lockboxes should contain a loot table of:
    • Seals of Preservation
    • Nth Metal Detectors
    • Nth Metal Drops 1000-3000
    • Compounds as the Common Drops
    • Bot Box (Open to Choose which Repair/Bank/Broker/Mail) you want
    • Catalysts
    • Source Marks and or Quark packs
    this would entourage players to have more playtime not only for nth metal detectors but also playtime to earn lockboxes and encourages Premium & Free-To-Play players to purchase promethium keys from the marketplace to open them more frequently because of the revamped loot table. Thus achieving the desired goal to make the All Access Membership more desirable, and generates a secondary revenue stream in promethium keys which have long been useless.
    • Like x 4
  8. Proxystar #Perception

It isn't just about generating play time it's about generating play time in specific areas of the game that isn't just the latest DLC's. Because an engaged player is a player that is getting the most from all of the game, not just some of the game, especially long term.

Having more queues pop also more actively encourages lower players, player growth, player progression and therefore longer term engaged subscribers, there are some patches of the game where progression can stall and content queing is incredibly slow.

If the content is being run this would also massively help players with feat grinding, especially those that have used skip tokens and only have ~70sp

That is the reason why I do not agree in revamping the lockboxes and believe the rewards would be better suited being awarded from the last boss of any instance; in the form of a treasure chest, which you can give any sparkly name you want.

I do not have an objection to revamping lockboxes if of course it is done in addition to my treasure chest idea.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lionxoft Committed Player

RIP DCUO. That's your update. ;)
  10. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Mepps that isn't going to slide anymore friend. You have said that exact same line for 4-5years now. We need some answers please and thank you.
    • Like x 1
  11. Magnificent Loyal Player

If memory serves those were usually done around the game's anniversary (it's such a good time to say "there is where we were and what we've done and now here's what we have planned"). Any ballpark estimate on when that might happen?
  12. Magnificent Loyal Player

PVP is so far back on their back burner that not only do they NOT have plans for it at this time, they have none for the foreseeable future. It's not a priority, nor even secondary nor tertiary. In other words, they've given up on it to focus on PVE. They may revisit it at some nebulous point in the future but even that's not a sure thing.

That's what his answer means.
    • Like x 5
  13. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I want Mepps to tell me that himself. I want it in his own words of why PvP isn't on their radar. We at least have the right to know.
    • Like x 3
  14. Magnificent Loyal Player

I would add to that New list...

• Double the monthly SC allotment
    • Go back to giving subscribers early access to new content
    • Daily solo Nth Metal mission
    • 1/2 cost to open Time Capsules or 2x Stabilizer drops from the daily
    • Like x 1
  15. Magnificent Loyal Player

Gotcha. There was no real question in your post so I was making the best with what I had.

The "why" question is a world different from the "if" question. He answered the latter but I think everyone would appreciate knowing the answer to the former.
  16. myandria Item Storage

Yeah.. the REAL MTV that actually represented its call letters.. Music Television; not the hot mess of crappy shows that it is today.
    • Like x 1
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Double the monthly SC allotment - this Might be a bit over the top
    • Go back to giving subscribers early access to new Content - Thats not helping anyone (Neither subscribers nor Premium/free to Play Players)
    • Daily solo Nth Metal Mission(With the Membership you get daily Access to the vault instead of Weekly Access - sam Thing)
    • 1/2 cost to open Time Capsules or 2x Stabilizer drops from the daily - agree
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I don't know, I think releasing new DLC's to subscribers on say Wednesday and then releasing it to premiums Friday night wouldn't be a bad idea, 48 hours of exclusive early access.

At the end of the day if that helps get subscriber numbers up, that supports the game, even if they're just subbed for the month the DLC launches to get the early access.
    • Like x 1
  19. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Question regarding Artifact XP reduction when fusing an Artifact with another one.
    Is there a reason i've missed as of why we get punished for just wanting to change our Playstyle?

When Artifacts got first introduced it wasnt that big of a deal to lose 50% of a - back then - max rank Artifact (wich was 80).
    Times changed and we moved on and if you decide to Change your playstyle with a Rank 200 Artifact with a whopping amount of 1.67M XP sitting in there you lose 835K XP.

So if there is no specific reason i would love to see a Change there for Free to Play/premium you lose only 25% XP for Fusing one Artifact into another one.
    For Legendary Members you only lose 10% XP.

Of course you would still need Catalysts and seals to get it back to Max but everyone has the freedom to decide how and when they want to Play a certain way and dont have to wait 6Months for a 2x Artifact XP Weekend just to be able to finally Play the way you want. :)
    • Like x 1
  20. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nobody would pay for subscribtion for a less than a week early Access.
    That would in reality just push down numbers of Players in the open world and Event Content and would make the Game look quite inactive compared to the Pre-released Dlc's.

I'm not so sure if thats the Right way to go but if it would help push the Subs numbers up, im all for it. I'm subscribed anyway (without Lifetime Membership).

If i'm honest i would still subscribe if they'd remove all Benefits, make the game full free to Play (no restrictions) and the only perks being 2-3x Nth metal and no punishing for fusing Artifacts.