You guys really think this is fun

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MAXILIANO, Mar 2, 2020.

1. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

After not playing for so long, I was currently only playing the current content.
    It was then that I decided to do an old raid, the “Prison Break Elite”, a Raid T7, with recommended CR of 150.
    As I still have some feats to do there, I decided to go then. Although it is extremely difficult since nobody else wants to make the old content.
    It was then that I discovered why no one else wants to make these contents ...
    I was in a group that I thought was good, the smallest CR was a 265 dps.
    I know the game is no longer like 2017, where we killed everything, but at least I expected it to be fun; but what I found was the real hell!
    The CR 150 T7 raid was more difficult not only than before when we did it in 2017, but it is more difficult than any current rad!
    And it's not a mechanical problem, because her mechanics are stupid, the problem is “absurd damage!”.
    Even with tank 280, and a healer 294, it was not possible to hold on to life!
    I was not only frustrated, but depressed, and disgusted!
    I felt that all the years and effort put into making me strong in this game have been thrown away!
    That all the DLCs I bought from the game (I have them all), were a waste of money ...
    Because I just can't use it anymore, since it's impossible!
    First, because there is no more relevance! If it had relevance, at least I still had the reason to suffer in something old.
    Second, you feel totally depressed by something that becomes boring, meaningless, and that just shows you that it's not worth evolving in the game ...
    I don't want it to be like before where everything was destroyed, but what has become is ridiculous!
    • Like x 1
  2. AV Loyal Player

I hate to be the one to have to break this to you but it sounds like one of the following:
    - You guys were failing to identify and appropriately deal with the mechanics that cause the "absurd damage" you're referring to. If a player gets hit hard in there it's because they're ignoring the mechanics (eg. bombs, psychic fields, light balls);
    - Your group was just kinda overall not great for some reason; or
    - Potentially both (likely both because a solid group, or even just a group with one good healer and one good DPS, will steamroll PBe, mechanics or no... )
    • Like x 5
  3. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Sounds like you sacrificed yourself in the Prison Break Elite
    , with not so great group.

Oh oh oh, that's absolutely omoshiroi ^. But... *JOIN* a clan that's willing to sherpa. If you go with any LFG chat tap-form and ask for an clan that does raids, so many will invite you to theirs. From there, it's easy to specify to them ^ that you want some help.
  4. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I played it several times in 2017!
    I closed it several times!
    I know every place on that raid!
    And what I saw there is not from God!
    What CR were we with?
    This is meaningless! Even if no one was doing the mechanics, which was not the case, it still wasn't supposed to happen!
    That's exactly what I'm saying!
    It's an absurd!!
  5. AV Loyal Player

Either the healer was bad or the people dying are the ones not doing the mechanics right. That CR isn't high enough to let players stand in Grodd's fields or eat Light's light and you'd need decent support to ignore fb's stuff in general. Also, CR =/= skill/performance, especially if a critical role is underperforming. Elite = the mechanics will clap you waaaaaaay after the content is out of relevancy so CR alone isn't enough to carry people through.

I'm not tryna be a dick but PBe at anything remotely close to current CR isn't a hard raid by any stretch. Like I said, as long as there's 1 good heal and 1 good DPS in the group who know what they're doing, you should be crushing it no matter what everyone else does. You just got a real bad group, man.

Edit: Also, don't forget we just got a CR255 skip so if your group was all pugs there's a solid chance they were, at worst, completely inexperienced and, at best, underprepared in other regards (ie. SP).
    • Like x 6
  6. Rainnifer Committed Player

Keep in mind also, back when such raids came out they were the highest content to run, so people had to actually "get good" and learn the mechanics if they wanted to easily get the rewards a bunch. Nowadays, with that being an older raid, people run it way less often. Most don't get around to fully learning the mechanics and like mentioned there have been CR skips and the like so it's very possible you will run the raid with players who haven't learned it as well as you have, because all the ones who did have most likely already out-played the raid and have no reason to return to it. Also it being an older raid, many players who aren't very capable of running Elite queue into it just because it's lower CR and they expect it to be easier.
    • Like x 5
  7. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I understand your whole point of view and fully agree with everything!
    What I am talking about is that there is no sense in players with CR260 + suffering in a raid of cr 150!
    This is absurd!
    When I was away, my entire league stopped playing and I was told that the reason was that the game was no longer fun and it was all unfair!
    As I was away I had no idea ...
    Now with my league empty, playing practically alone I understand what they were telling me ...
    • Like x 1
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Certain mechanics regardless of CR can still hurt some of the ones in this raid in particular can do so.

You even take PAN or ZOOe as well theyre pretty old now as well, but if people stand by mines or bombs, they're still going to die.

Even if you are going into an older raid you should still make some effort to observe the mechanics.

It sounds to me like your group was over geared but was possibly just being a bit too cavalier in their approach.
    • Like x 6
  9. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I understand that there are mechanics etc.
    And that there are Raids that even if you have CR1000 will never pass if you don't!
    Only this is not the case with this raid!
    Anyone who has done it knows that it is simple!
    Even by the standards of the time ...
    So here comes my complaint:
    There is no sense in an old raid, T7, CR 150, killing all T9 players! with an average of 280 with ease!
    I'm not saying it's to get there and destroy everything!
    But being more difficult than a current Raid?
    This without having any relevance? Without you gaining anything by doing it?
    No ... Even if all the players who were with me were all amateurs, it was still supposed to be only at the most "complicated" ...
    But even so, it is plausible to close without anyone dying, or even if you die, but that would close even with difficulty.
    And not what happened:
    I freak out and ditch the last hate boss ...
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Don't discount the uselessness though of randoms.

Ive come across numerous players even high levels with terrible loadouts and artifact choices.

Tanks using heat vision and only heat vision, healers who never heal and just do weapon attacks, it happens a lot and it can cause all sorts of problems.

In this particular raid theres grodds phsycic fire right, it's been ages, there's also lights fire at the end if people stand in that for even a bit they're going to die for example, if they don't block Lights skull, they're going to die.

There's lots of mechanics in that raid that will still kill you and relatively quickly if they're ignored.

The raid remains easy if it's followed and it's certainly easier now than it was if you're all over geared, but if you approach it with a disrespectful level of neglect then you could come unstuck and that level of neglect might not be you but the other 7 people you walked in there with ;)
    • Like x 3
  11. Batrederik Dedicated Player

You should learn some things about Prison break elite before going in there. Knowledge is power my friend.

I kinda agree . The Gorilla Grodd aka King Kong and Doctor Light. Grodd requires everyone to be on point. And I believe he points before he leaves and goes out towrads another human lol. The grodds phsycic fire.. I believe the phsycic fire will follow people. So if you notice them coming at you try and let the phsycic fire spawn behind the group by where you enter the fight. The consoles also debuff Grodd.

Doctor Light is also a slug face. His skulls. You just gotta block every single time. And I believe his light beam is a damage effect (like a 1 shot if you're not blocking). But yes, as Proxystar said! "There's lots of mechanics in Prison break elite" :)

That's far as I got Proxystar. How am I doing :p
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

CR means very little in this game. If you don't have the stats or skill to identify mechanics, your group is going to fail.

You need have a decent combination of:
    gear + SP + Artifacts + Augments + optimal loadout + communication to pass elite content.
    • Like x 6
  13. The Anxient Loyal Player

Ran this raid just last week and finished it in about 15 minutes tops. Nothing difficult about it. The problem was the group you were running with, not the raid.
    • Like x 6
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, your post doesn't need my approval, but sure :p
    • Like x 2
  15. Magnificent Loyal Player

One thing I've seen you mention over and over is CR. Once upon a time CR was the be-all and end-all. Going up just one point could easily influence your performance. These days it's not, today it's more of a very general guide. Loadout, Artifacts, Augments and Skill Points are where it's at because stats matter again.

With that said, there has been a re-tuning to make older content provide more of a challenge and it may well be that some aspects were over-tuned (Elite Ultimate Soldier says "Hi"). I zoned into Khandaq the other night just for gits-n-shiggles because I haven't done anything like that since before the re-tuning. I'm CR293 Fire DPS with all Artifacts at least at 180 (Solar Amp is 200), all Augments maxxed and 443 SP. While I was in no danger of dying, the amount of effort I had to put into taking out trash mobs in one of the base-game raids was surprising (since I used to be able to tap-kill them prior to the re-tuning).

Generally speaking, people geared up like myself don't go into older content with the thought of it being an actual challenge, we go in with the idea of utterly destroying it. That's part of the benefit of having leveled a character up to this point. There's generally nothing in there we want so we are there to kill time, help power others through it or both.

What would be far better is a system that allows the party leader to scale the content prior to the group zoning in. For those zones you can walk into, it should prompt you for difficulty the moment you try to zone in.
    • Like x 2
  16. ErickStrife Well-Known Player

Yet another case of "I'm CR 666" I should be a GOD in here!

No.... no... nope. This is where a lot of people in this game are confused. It doesn't matter if you have the highest possible CR, you can still get crushed by something a hundred CR below you you, because, it is NOT about CR.
    There are mechanics, perfect timing to block certain attacks, having enough SP (although it doesn't need to be 400 or so high), but, the most important thing to have is SKILL.

I have seen it so many times, just as you described; Walk into a raid with suggested CR in the mid 100's and it's full of people with high 250's + CR and they get obliterated. They start blaming the game and never stop to ask themselves... What could we be doing wrong?

LEARN THE MECHANICS.

Also, if you are not the tank, Why do you stand right in the Boss' face? He's gonna smack you into la-La land. I see Trolls and Healers fight right there, Melee bosses... KEEP YOUR DISTANCE. Learn when a boss is going to use their special attack and... BLOCK IT.
    Also, use the right abilities from your powerset and learn a good rotation, use debuffs, and for Rao's sake, learn the dang mechanics!
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

To answer the subject of the post, yes...I do think that it is fun. Say what you will about mechanics and one-shots in this an other raids, but they are the only things that still make some runs a challenge. Sure your group could not cut it, and maybe it was the healer or reckless dps who can't stop doomspinning for a second to block, or tank that doesn't bother pulling adds cause he's 'battle tanking' so he can land somewhere on the top of the board. Or maybe everyone was really good and the bosses were just on point that day, but there should still be some challenge. While I always liked the cheap 5 marks and drops I could get when Paradox would still allow a walkin and I could kill it solo in 90 seconds, it was not fun...not at all. Neither would PBE be if you could make all of whatever mistakes were made (obviously) and still walk through it. The idea is to figure out the mistakes and correct them as best you can...then beat it on the 2nd or 3rd try. Everyone wants to just breeze through content cause they have high CR, maxed artifacts and a pile of SP. I for one appreciate the mechanics that make some runs still require knowing what you are doing.

One of my favorite things to see in the game is when I run a low CR toon (116CR) with a bunch of 250+ randoms in AF2 content and we run into a Shade Punisher. I block and roll away while they proceed to use their mighty blows and high SP to load the punisher up with enough damage to wipe the room when it blows...then I walk up and kill it standing among their downed bodies....give a little wave and wait for them to rally.

Now....can we talk about how hard it is to get 8 people together who know what they are doing or can follow instructions when they don't know? That is the part I don't enjoy or call fun. Fix that issue and I'd bet you and 3 or 4 good people could tear through PBE with no issues.
    • Like x 1
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

If it was Prison Break normal/regular I would agree 1000%, but it's Prison Break Elite. Elite is still elite.
    • Like x 1
  19. Berza Committed Player

You must keep in mind that several mechanics in elite raids include a % based damage. You may have one million HP and 10 millions defense and you still will be hit for 90% of your HP.
    • Like x 2
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's not at all absurd that if you ignore the mechanics -- yeah, yeah, didn't happen, but you're saying if it did -- you wipe. Especially on an Elite raid.

You're not actually supposed to be able to just power through most of the raids without regard for mechanics.

The really old ones, you can do it, certainly through at least Prime Battleground, but after the Desecrated Cathedral, etc., DLC, mechanics killed the highest statted players in more or less every raid, at least in Elite, and even many times in Regular. The mechanics are intended to punish even the highest-ranking CRs with one-shots and wipes.

Getting powerful was never intended to mean "ignore mechanics"; if it had been, they'd have stuck with the hacky CR differential era.

One-shotting top CR players would be working as completely intended, "if no one else was doing the mechanics."
    • Like x 1