Which Dcuo Do you want back exactly?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

First, we had the Very Start of Dcuo the SP Matter the Gear matter there was clipping animations There was a lot more to do.

But we had our own problems back than, So we moved on to WM/AM Era, which content still came constantly had major problems but we moved on.

Now here we are at Revamp...which to me we are seeing less content than we ever had before just the way i see it, and the Revamp some of it did good some of it did not.

So my Question is if we had the option to go back to a Dcuo, which one would you want the AM/WM Era, or Before When The Original Dcuo happened.

Which ever one you chose what would be your solution to making Dcuo classic, where would the cut off option be at?

We had so many DLC"s Powers.Updates, i have no clue where the end or the Start of it would be at.

Just curious to see what your take on it.

if you had to chose a Dcuo Classic, Which one, Regular Style (before WM/AM) or Dcuo Midway, During WM/AM Era?

Also how would you create a starting point and a ending point of Content/powers.
    • Like x 4
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

II'd probably take Old School DCUO with some of the stats-revamps improvements if possible.

-Keep the powers as they were pre GU-36, same with animations, and clipping.

-Keep the "No tree" setup for powersets like we do now. Old School and AM era DCUO had powerset trees, and the stats-revamp completely removed it. Make it so that all abilities are obtained by level 30 like it is now.

-Keep Mobility in key abilities/powersets. If we were to return to old school DCUO, this is pretty much a must in my eyes. Especially given that Munitions wasn't available for Old School DCUO.

-Keep Nature the way it was. All the shapeshifting forms being supercharges was a crappy stats-revamp change and I don't want to see it implemented in old school DCUO.

-Have only one form of power regeneration, preferably the regeneration overtime aspect that comes from PFTT that we have in Today's DCUO.

The AM era as much as I did like some parts of it, did make controllers completely obsolete.
    -Old School DCUO had controllers be important, but powersets combined with Jump cancelling and clipping made them too power hungry.

I feel like the stats-revamp did the self regeneration aspect the right way; but PFTT's regeneration overtime is superior to "weapon combo regeneration" from the other playstyles.

-Keep one main soder cola, old school DCUO having different cola options was atrocious; just keep one like we do now.

Honestly, I wouldn't make a cut off point; as novel as the idea of old school DCUO is: I can't help but feel like it would be a gut punch to anyone who played morden DCUO and can't run atomic, water, munitions, or rage. (Well.. rage could be there, but... we all remember how broken it was because it was released just before Weapon Mastery came out.)

I also know there's a lot of people who wanted the old school DCUO to return before the revamp even happened, to cut those guys off at a stopping point and say "this is the end of DCUO classic, return to morden DCUO if you want to experience this episode" feels fairly futile.

I like the idea of a return to old school DCUO, but the appeal stops at veteran players. And I don't want to go back to an older version of a game just to be stopped in my tracks; because Old School DCUO doesn't compare to let's say Old School World of Warcraft at all in terms of the sheer amount of content tbh.

I'd rather have them do an update entirely, and combine the best of old school dcuo with what good the revamp has done.

is my idea a long-shot? sure is, but a DCUO classic idea is also a long shot all the same.

Just my two cents.
    • Like x 6
  3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Like most of what Jacob said above. Bring back GU32-35 powers, interactions and animations back. Keep the Skill points and Augment elements of revamp without XP on marketplace and bring proper WM adjustments back.

Get rid of Artifacts all together and bring back 2012-2014 PvP as well.
    • Like x 1
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

T4.

Did we have WM's in Origin Crisis? I do miss the OC level of difficulty. I was never the biggest fan of the raids, didn't hate them but the alerts were grand epic to m. I savored every moment. That feeling that there was no place safe.

I hate weapon mastery. Love the idea of developing special attacks for each weapon. Just not giving them different weapons as finishing attacks. I'd be lying to say I don't like a few of them. Dual Wield to arrow storm is one of my favorite moves in the game...but I'd be wiling to sacrifice it just to get rid of all of a weapon mastery in game. figure out a way to give each power its own corresponding weapon mastery. Math is hard.

I especially love the idea of reverting powers back to their pre revamp days. I can't think of a single change I like. This includes Nature, Ice, Mental and Quantum. The change made to resonating gale alone makes me hate everything about the revamp without even having to bring mental into it. I couldn't wait to get that back and then pfft.
    • Like x 1
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

none. the game is what it is. we're never going back, ever. all these threads are exactly the same. the past is the past. all we do by constantly harping on about how things were so much better back when is sour the now. it's like poking a sore tooth with your tongue. love it or loathe it, this is what you got. there is no Golden Age.
    • Like x 9
  6. Wildcat Committed Player

I want legends pvp to be back.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. BƖack Dedicated Player

100% DCUO Classic (2011 - 2013) era before WM/AM. ;)
    • Like x 6
  8. TheDeuce Well-Known Player

Pre GU 36, HL Controllers sporting Brawlers were unique in that they were the only ones who could take advantage of the hit count meter. The trade off was that that few players could understand why a controller could be effective at melee range.

I haven't played the game consistently in about two years, but I'd come back for a pre-GU 36 revamp. That game was fun.
    • Like x 1
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The sad SAD part about all of this pointless wishing is that if by some miracle it came true we would have ALL of the old complaints back along with a slew of new ones. No one would be happy and we'd right back here with the same old same old. But this is all supposition, because no amount of feedback or campaigning will amount to a speck of wish fulfillment. There's a better chance of DCUO 2.0 coming than there is of DCUO classic ever becoming reality.

On that note, i'd like to ask an honest question: Surely you all must know that this would never become reality...so what do you hope to accomplish with this thread??? Seriously.
    • Like x 13
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

It's all about nostalgia, I reckon.

Remembering when the game was at it's best for you personally (or thinking of a time when the right tweak would have made the game perfect, so it would never need to be tweaked again), and getting a warm fuzzy feeling in your spandex just thinking about it.
    • Like x 7
  11. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I want the current DCUO, just with the money glitch tax fiasco having never happened. I like how the current game plays (sans the bugs), and I miss a lot of people who left the game after the economy roller-coaster.
    • Like x 4
  12. Darth_Andrea Well-Known Player

Level cap needs increases to 60, CR needs to be removed, Gear should be stat based with no CR attached and stats just get stronger the higher level the piece is up to 60. As new episodes and gear is introduced the gear stats should yes go up. to reflect the difficulty of the episodes. It's done this way in most other games and works better than this constant race for CR and Troll Artifacts. Speaking of Artifacts they need to be level rebalanced so their not easier to level but don't cost so much real money. Sp can remain as it is, but Content needs to be revamped or rewards altered to make older content more attractive to people to run. I spent a week queued for 2 of the Amazonian Elite and they never popped. So this needs work.
  13. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Glad you ask, don't mind answering honestly did not plan to accomplish anything.
    As you said i don't expect to see this any time soon, but me and my roommate were talking about it, and just got me wondering what would the community want?

just a simply conversation.

Don't think it hurts to ask the question, and see what other players think of the Game. i'm a curious guy always have been.

as much i wish i made the thread to accomplish something i did not just wanted to see others mind set and see their opinion.
    • Like x 1
  14. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Not sure bout the Fuzzy feeling in the spandex, but nothing wrong with Nostalgia, love to sit back and think about the hard raids that would take hours to beat, or The Grind on SP or how much content you could run.

The Marks of Trumiph i think it was, being able to run all that content may that was a blast before CR Relevancy, not saying i hate the Dcuo we are in today, but there is a lot i wish we could change about it.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Ok...but it seems to me that this question has been answered within the last few years up until this thread started...hell, it's still being answered all over the place while this thread is alive. Also, it feels a little cruel getting people to say when in this game's supposed hey-day they'd like to go back to...because unfortunately there is no going back. I mean, that's kind depressing in a way, instead of trying to find a way forward. But that's just my viewpoint on this.

I appreciate you answering it tho. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  16. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

With all due respect Khalon, I agree with a lot of posts you make; but this one'll be an exception.

"Surely you must all know that this would never become a reality, so what do you hope to accomplish with this thread?" Dude, that's not an honest question; it's a poor rhetorical question.

These threads are made as a discussion to implement a better DCUO experience or an experience one can enjoy. I for instance am a known defender of the stats-revamp, but as much as I like it; it's not perfect and there's room for improvement and there's things from the old days I'd like back; same with players who made those threads.

Let's use your "honest question" in a different context shall we?
    "Surely all you must know that PVP'll never get touched, so why do you keep making threads after threads in the PVP sub forum?" Maybe because even though it's doubtful the developers'll ever Fix PVP, there's players out there that'll keep fighting the good fight and want something that's actually playable.

Would a new PVP update bring complaints? Sure would.
    Would a new PVP update bring ego centric players into the main-stream with InsertNameHere #Exposed Videos? Sure would.

Does those two things mean that a PVP update shouldn't happen? No, a PVP update should happen.. to bring a better experience.

The same argument applies for another update of DCUO/another overhaul if you will.. If it makes the game better, I'm all for it.

And if not, oh well.

All because players gripe about a game, even when it's updated doesn't mean changes should be stopped or threads like this one should stop being made all because in your view "they are being too wishful with their thinking" It comes off as discouraging and pessimistic.

Blue Lantern powers have been dismissed by the forum community at large, but that still doesn't stop people from bringing the longshot idea up every now and then does it? It should be a varied discussion, that's what the forums are about.

Just my two cents.
    • Like x 5
  17. Solarbound Committed Player

Golden Age DCUO, thanks -_-
    • Like x 1
  18. Brit Loyal Player

I would run a Progression Server.

It would start with the game in it's launch state. It would re-introduce 1 Episode (and any corresponding Game Updates) every 6 weeks. This would continue until the game reached it's current state, at which time it would be merged with the main server, and the Progression Server would launch again fresh in the game's launch state.

It's been run this way for Everquest quite successfully. It's a chance to play the game in it's older states. It doesn't involve re-building and re-balancing fights based on mechanical changes to the game. It's just basically playing the game from it's beginning again, but with less waiting between episodes so that there is less boredom and more of a feeling of always having something to do.
    • Like x 1
  19. Lord Of 5 Well-Known Player

The Holy One says OG DCUO. All day. Every day. Say it wit your chest.
  20. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Why doesn't "The Holy One" post that themselves?
    • Like x 2