New Amazing Weapon Styles for future Content ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HEALB4, Feb 27, 2020.

1. HEALB4 Level 30

We have not really had any new weapon styles ingame for a few years now. Why ?
    I am pretty sure there are a lot of players that would love to see new weapon styles that might fit their characters.

@DCUO Devs, think about adding some new cool weapon styles, animated or not.

Would love to see people post some cool Ideas in HERE !!!
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

• Like x 3
  3. Reverse Sentry Active Player

4. Megzilla Developer

Definitely something we would like to do, thank you for the reminder.
    • Like x 8
  5. Kuno Loyal Player

Its been ages since the last ones. I think it was Halls of Powers episode...
    Thematic weapons would be awesome to match with the theme of each style vendor.
    I know we have materials now and we can apply that to our weapons (too bad we cant apply them on skimming, maybe you guys can fix that? ;) ) but I still wanted to see powerset themed weapons for Water and Atomic on the MP like the old existing ones.

Every powerset has a thematic weapon style set except Munitions, Water and Atomic. :(
    • Like x 1
  6. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I still dream of the day that we can have the two-handed version of the sword:
    Barbarian Tech Sword

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  7. HEALB4 Level 30

@Megzilla Great to hear that you saw this thread and you are working on stuff. Hope we will get some really Big Weapons that actually feel like they make my character stronger :):D
    • Like x 1
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Would love to see some Content related weapon sets like the ones from: Battle for Earth/Hand of Fate/ Sons of Trigon.
    Those were very Fitting for those episodes and had some very nice/unique Looks.
    • Like x 4
  9. vespa neo Active Player

Omnipotent weapons. Think of final fantasy
  10. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Whip.
    • Like x 1
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

One handed has no stabbing attacks so they could in theory make whips as one handed styles as long as people don’t mind some slight animation dissonance.
    • Like x 1
  12. Engendro Nefasto Well-Known Player

Chainsaw.
    • Like x 1
  13. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

One handed fish, dual wield fish, make them in hard light versions as well...

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish :D :oops:

I'll see myself out
    • Like x 2
  14. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

We atleast need a one handed flip flop, a big fish (like in super smash brothers) & a one handed turkey drum stick.
  15. Balton hero Committed Player

Hey, that's my gimmick!(see signature)
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

I'd say we take the special effect off of the weapon and put it on the movement mode for players who can do intervals of SM 10 15 20 will able to get a unique movement mode aura

So it'll be more of a spectacle to see it go by, rather than a raid weapon used for bragging rights
  17. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Agreed. That would probably work
  18. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

A crossbow riffle style
    • Like x 1
  19. Balton hero Committed Player

Been said before, and it's fully understood this is a pipe dream but I'd much rather have them work on a new flexible(for lack of a better name) weapon type with styles of, for example, bullwhip(a la Catwoman), lasso(a la Wonder Woman) and chain(a la Lobo) instead of adding styles to existing weapons.
  20. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

we already have that