Rate the new Oracle TC.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Hollows Active Player

On all TC's, my wallet does the rating and this one gets a 0/10. Thank Zeus too. I'm already sick and tired of HQ, so after BM2 ends, I'll finally be able to focus on leveling some alts.
  2. Brit Loyal Player

Since there are already Harley Quinn, Huntress, and multiple Bat-suits, I had pegged Black Canary as the highly desirable Time Capsule suit. Then I figured slightly less exciting Hawk and Dove suits would be the Purple and Tier gear for the BoP episode.

Now that we instead got some sort of Star Trek Enterprise suit, it makes me suspect that Black Canary will be the tier gear, and the purple will be something fairly generic related to non-specific NPCs in the new episode. If we're lucky, perhaps the purple set will be a GCPD suit.
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I've always loved Hawk and Doves costumes. Wish we had gotten full sets instead of one piece each.

I do like the emblem for Manhunter. Aside from the materials theres very little I've had need for out of all the time capsules combined. I switched my main characters moon emblem to the dr midnite emblem and hes currently sporting the dark chroma but thats about it. all the other emblems and style pieces and gear sets, auras, the miscellany have been nothing but skill point padding. i remember begging for emblms and out of dozens we've gotten we've yet to get any i would use save for the on. they've all been nice and well done...would love to see a nice dragon emblem that coud double as a chest tattoo, some different lightning bolts and star burst patterns...enhanced versions can pulsate or spark...
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

as long ultra rare chromas and feats exists, there is no positive number for time capsules. every ressource I've put into them so far was for the styles and would have been used on them even without feats. its a shame that they like to prefer to hide their work so badly from the masses.
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The episode hasn't come out or been shown off yet. Iconic BoP gear will most likely be in the actual episode.
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't think the vendor gear is going to be Black Canary. Her Rebirth look might be the purple gear. I have a bad feeling the vendor gear might be Lex Luthor's Supersuit.
    [IMG]
    I also suspect Harley Quinn's Rebirth style will make an appearance.
  7. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I have a question: You DO know that there is a group of devs that work on bug fixes, and that group is different than the designers that work on the Time Capsule Items right? Why would a dev who's job is to design and create emblems and styles be working on fixing bugs when they probably don't know how to fix bugs. That's not their job. Same with resources. They've likely got a budget with x amount of dollars set aside for certain things. This isn't all one big pool where everyone does everything...
    • Like x 2
  8. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I rate the capsule an 9/10 The only reason it's not 10/10 is because the items don't fit into my characters style. But that's not a big deal. The items are very cool. The new things that they're experimenting with look great. Very creative and true to the comics. Love it. I feel like I've been lucky because I spent maybe $50 on Stabilizers and was able to get both style sets, most of the collections, almost all of the regular and enhanced emblems (I bought 3 of them on the marketplace though) So the only thing left to do is finish up the collections.
    I'd also like to add that after the INSANE amount of griping about feats attached to the rare chroma, the devs listened to the feedback and made the appropriate adjustments. I think that's great, and shows they listen. However, I know people will still find reasons to complain.
  9. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

With the recent announcement, will you be changing this to a 10/10?
    • Like x 1
  10. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Heck no. Makes this TC even worse that they changed the feat a week later after they already squeezed out a ton of money from people trying to get those ridiculous chromas. Not auto granting is another fail forcing us all to open 5 more. If a 25pt feat is shiny enough to turn your attention away from the horrible steps that led to the change, then good for you
  11. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

If you think they changed this feat out of the goodness of their hearts then I have oceanfront property in North Dakota for sale....really cheap. If they really "listened to us and made a change" why is the neon not getting the same treatment? Or why not autogrant to at least the people who already have the feat for opening 15?
  12. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

So you’re saying that instead of rectifying this, they should have just left it the way it was?
    Or perhaps remove the feat and remove the feat from anyone who’s achieved it? The capsule has been released so at THIS point, since this is worse, what would the “right” option be?
    They had a choice, leave it as it is and listen to people b**** for another month about it, or, make the feat FAR easier to obtain and please the majority.

By the way, you can open 5 capsules with spending ZERO money. It’s called the stabilizer duo hoss.
    • Like x 1
  13. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Never said that they did it out of the goodness of their hearts. I said they listened to the feedback.
    As for your other questions, Mepps addressed them both. Since you’re a committed player, you know where to look.
    • Like x 1
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    • Like x 3
  15. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Do you know who this new gear is inspired after? Lol
  16. Brit Loyal Player

I believe the new suit is inspired by the Starship Enterprise.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I plead the fifth.
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

One noticeable improvement I found was the number of extra Quarks you can get. The other day I had a 63 Quark drop which is the most I've ever gotten.
    • Like x 1
  19. Rainnifer Committed Player

It's possible to get as much as 100, I think I've gotten it once. I believe that's always been the case though, I don't think Quark drops changed.
  20. Megzilla Developer

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 15