Artifact missions from Dark Metal Part II

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dorn Cresh, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Dorn Cresh Active Player

You know those 5 missions we're given that require us to run the Dark Metal Part II content, that each grant us a new artifact? The Gem of Horus, Page of Destiny, etc. They have a CR rating of 20.

Well I have a new toon with whom I'd really like to get these artifacts, but she's only level 19, CR 11. She hasn't had the 5 missions pop up in her journal yet.

Now with the Dark Metal Part II event ending soon, will that mean all toons that haven't been given those 5 missions, or haven't completed those 5 missions, will no longer be able to get those 5 artifacts? Should I rush this new toon of mine in order to get the missions? I'd really rather take my time levelling her since she's an alt but I really don't want to miss out on those artifacts.

Anyone have any insight on this?
  2. Brav Well-Known Player

Once you reach the appropriate combat rating for that episode the missions will appear in your journal. Though after a certain period of time those missions will be removed and replaced with new ones. I believe its the latest 3 episodes that keeps the missions until another episode is released. So you still have some time. If it's no longer within the 3 DLC window then you should be able to find them on John Constantine for some source marks. (Completing them also allows Constantine to resell any artifact that was deleted after).

(Side Note: They may appear sooner on Constantine for marks, while still being able to get them from the mission. But if they do, it will be after a new episode has been released).
    • Like x 2
  3. Brit Loyal Player

I find myself of two minds.

First impression, I would say "It will take maybe 2 hours tops for you to finish the character up to level 30 and complete those missions. Just do it and move forward. After that, even if they do nothing more beyond just doing the Vault, they will still slowly advance."

But then my second impression after giving it a bit more thought is "People really work on Artifacts for alts they barely play? I can't even bring myself to waste Nth Metal on alts that I have at the CR cap. Aside from the Character Bound stuff that comes from the Vault, I funnel all of mine to my main."

I think probably the best answer is to just take it at whatever pace you play them. In all reality, if you aren't playing the character enough to get them to level 30 by April, then I doubt they are going to reach any content that actually needs Artifacts. And by the time they do, there will probably be 20 newer, better artifacts you can choose from.
    • Like x 3
  4. L T Devoted Player

Actually I think it's cr22 or 23. You have to get the Constantine artifact solo mission, though you don't have to complete it.

As for artifacts on alts, just running the vault once a week gives you a big chunk of character-bound nth metal. Having some level 80 artifacts helps immensely in running events
    • Like x 2
  5. Dorn Cresh Active Player

Thanks for all the input you guys :) It's good to know I've got some time to get those artifacts. I like to take my time levelling my characters, doing all side missions, races, and clearing the journal of the alert missions and any bounties, getting all collections etc.

It's probably true that I won't get this alt to end game, but I just didn't want to miss out in case there was no way of acquiring them after.

Cheers! :D
  6. BumblingB I got better.

You have to complete the artifacts mission from Constantine. So you need to level until that pops up. This will also allow you to get nth metal in the vault and enemies.
    • Like x 1
  7. Dorn Cresh Active Player

When does the Constantine mission pop up? At character level 20, or at CR 20?
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

level.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dorn Cresh Active Player

Thanks! It was a bit confusing when people say different things :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Dorn Cresh Active Player

It was level based indeed, not CR. Just hit level 20 and was given the missions.

Thanks for your help everyone :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Batuba Developer

Once the next DLC is over, you can either raise your CR high enough for Metal Part II to get the quests, or just purchase them straight off Constantine once you've completed the level 20 Artifact mission he provides.
    • Like x 4
  12. Dorn Cresh Active Player

Thanks for the tip, Batuba! The way these things work are not immediately clear to a returning player so clarity is always appreciated :)
  13. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Ranking up ONE artifact is torturous enough (and we can carry a total of three). I can't even bring myself to do it for my character's support role, let alone another character.
    • Like x 1