Survival Mode

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jensu, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Jensu Well-Known Player

I can't be the only one that wants SM to return, that mode gave us a fun challenge in between the episodes, anyone else want SM back?
    • Like x 1
  2. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

8 man. Troll required. Old school SM with new bosses and new mechanics. How about we fight Captain Kruel or Titentic Triton. No recycled bosses throughout the rounds. Ambush Bug. Dox has always been a great map for an SM. The Luthors and Batmans from nexus which would also be a great map. I always wanted a 4 man SM until it became mandatory to be prec and it excluded non battle trolls.
    • Like x 3
  3. AV Loyal Player

No thank you.
    • Like x 1
  4. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Last time around it didn't seem to get a lot of play. I'd like to see it but not sure if it is popular enough in general for the devs to put resources to it. Hope I am wrong though
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The last boss should be the no-name schmuck we have to battle at the end of our Level 30 journey. He shows up if you've got Superman or Lex Luthor as your mentor. You'd think by now he would have gotten stronger by now. (As well as a better sense of fashion.)

(14:00 mark)

(3:35 mark)
  6. TurbulenceDCUO Well-Known Player

Lol I was thinking about that guy after I made my post too
  7. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

People have been asking for titanic Trenton for years, rather if it’s in legends or PVE content, it’s needed
  8. Balton hero Committed Player

That tumbling move those big pink gluttony demons use in the sons of trigon missions could be a fun move for him
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Mepps made a comment a few weeks back saying he couldn't yet say anything about when SM will be.
  10. Brit Loyal Player

Yup. I ran the 4-man Survival Mode exactly 1 time. Queued up. Ran round one. People were complaining that I wasn't a "battle healer". I realized they had some crazy expectation that I should redo not just my loadout and rotation, but also my Artifacts and Augments, something that would have taken months, so that I could stop being the endgame expert healer that I had built and instead be a quasi-healer who also helps the DPS do their jobs.

The immediate response was "Oh. Whelp, guess I'm never running this." Never did another one after.

I want a return to 8-man Survival modes where Tanks are allowed to be real Tanks, Healers are allowed to be real Healers, and Controllers are allowed to be real Controllers.

The game is already about 90% DPS players, and in this post-Artifacts setting, swapping roles or maintaining both is no longer something that can be done without either months of dedicated effort to transition, or hundreds of dollars on the Marketplace. It's all hunky dorey that the DPS players get to do what they love, but I don't think it's a bright idea to take the minority of players playing the roles that are least common and most needed for successful endgame play, and then to tell all of those players "Go sit on a pin! It's your own fault for not building DPS instead! Bwa-ha-ha!"
    • Like x 4
  11. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Yes please bring it back. And to be fair it was the community who wanted battle roles, not the dev's in 4 player. Yes the dev's made it possible with an artifact, however with friends I went to round 14 as full troll. After that I did have to change to battle troll but to quit after round 1 is silly. You could have formed your own group.
  12. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about the 4 man for many of your same reasons. It was a nice experiment. But I figure now with everyone's "elite" loadouts it would be more of the same for 8 players.