For those who think the sky is falling

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Feb 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unida Dedicated Player

the split just means its easier and cleaner to end studios that arent working with quantified measures.

feels like and easier path to long term cost saving to me
  2. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

And DCUO could've been as big as Fortnite. Fortnite just made better decisions than DayBreak. While ppl laugh at me years ago for saying Fortnite will generate a lot of money doing FTP and DCUO should do the same. Now look at games who are doing free 2 play and doing well.

I've warned this playerbase that DCUO needs 2 be ahead of the curb to do ftp but too many ppl on here was worried about how much money they spent on their subscriptions and if DCUO go FTP they would quit
    • Like x 2
  3. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Is the whole game FTP in Fortnite or just the battle Royale?
  4. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Which one is the most popular? and which one is free that brought ppl to the game? we know the answer to that, thanks 4 playing
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

So you're saying that DCUO should be FTP for new players so as to lure them in?

Because they made that change kind of a long time ago now.

Presumably you're not arguing that Fortnite became as popular as it is simply because it's FTP, because that's obviously not true.

This is like saying that any non-best-selling media content could have been best-selling if only better decisions were made.

That's obviously not true as a generality, but you haven't pointed to any specifics about DCUO as to why it would have become as popular as Fortnite, probably because that's a very difficult claim to support with objective evidence as opposed to personal opinion.
    • Like x 3
  6. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

Did they...? There's weapons, utility belts, lairs, content, artifacts, powers, money locked behind the membership paywall...It's free to TRY, maybe. But you're not playing end game content with the rest of the folks as FTP.

I think the point is. If they focused more or asolutes and not RNG/cosmetics...Things that you want, and not need . It would of been better. Adding things you want...Example, adding OG plasmic, nimbus in the marketplace for 50 a piece(you know they'd sell at that price) instead of booster bundles where its plain dumb luck on what you get. Membership should of just been extra perks..To make you want to have it. And not needed to play end game content.

To be fair. I don't think them forcing you to have to be pay to win wasnt even the major factor in the downfall of DCUO...Devs made bad, bad decisions and it cost the game.

They tried to reinvent the combat system no less then 3 times.
    They let PVP go to hell
    There was a 6 month break while they tried to reinvent the game basically. Where people just quit in bunches.
    The raids/content just became uninspired and exactly the same eventually.
    The way the progression system was set up. Older content is just obsolete and no point in running it anymore.
  7. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

DCUO isn't free to play by today standards.
    Business Insider says Fortnite gain popularity due to free to play https://www.businessinsider.com/for...if-it-costs-nothing-simple-by-selling-stuff-4
    Mic drop.

DCUO isn't popular cause they did it to them selves over the years. Lets break it down.

DCUO had a rocky start at the very beginning any way. Banning ppl who found bugs and criticize the game for it.
    Lets not 4get they were ppl who was banned for flying really fast in HQ to be out of space and called SOE on it.

While fortnite was trying to gain players, DCUO thought they were bigger than what they really was due to the name.

Fortnite got big on youtube and twitch

DCUO enemy was YouTube creators, early days youtube videos was deleted by any criticism about the game.

Fortnite welcome youtube influencers, this why Ninja got so big. Ninja played battle royal which is free to play that got all the kids looking up to him.
    Now you have multiple Fortnite influencer making money off the game.

Who was DCUO Golden Boy ? It was Orbit hands down, he no longer plays due to the choices DCUO made, he tried coming back and left again.
    IEddy Gaming gone
    Ventus SGN gone

DCUO get more views off of negativity than actual game play tells you DC haven't learned their lesson .

Lets not forget about the Round Table, A group of popular DC players who had a youtube channel trying to defend DC decisions that no one like at the time.
    DC literaly ruined these DC influncers reputation by creating the Round Table. These YTers who where look up to and trusted was look down upon and criticized.

Over the years former players have been saying DC are nickle and diming players even b4 they was Daybreak. Ppl kept ignoring the sign. Majority of ppl left game felt the game was too money hungry.
    When you have watch mojo call DCUO a scam that's saying something
  8. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Fortnite also did, The Dark Knight movie skin* aka christian bale's batman. + the skin looks super nice And detailed tho . And i love it, it's my sec game.

If only, Dcuo could make The Dark Knight skin aka christian bale's batman. But yh :( .
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I will agree that AMs were the closest they had to balance, but the problem with it was they were lackluster in playstyle and had a massive power creep that further unbalanced content.
    • Like x 1
  10. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Why can't there ever be a straight answer around here?

What is it "I feel like it's a trick question so I'mma give an answer for brownie points", around the forums.

Is Fortnite totally FREE or just the Battle Royale?
    • Like x 1
  11. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

12. speedster1981 Committed Player

I don't know if anyone else has seen the price increase for the MP cash and Subscriptions but tbh with you all the cost for 1 year sub going up over $150 from $119 is too big of a jump for some people and that itself will more than likely cause alot of players to leave. I know I will be quitting once my 1 year sub ends next jan.
  13. Swamarian Committed Player

To the best of my knowledge, it's just Battle Royale.
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Thanks for clearing that up for those of us who were confused and unaware of this.
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What price jump? It's still $119.88 for a year's subscription. Where are we supposed to have seen this alleged price increase in subs?
  16. BumblingB I got better.

It might be due to the Canadian thing that another thread was about. Doesn't affect PC, but I think PSN might have a tax on it now.
    • Like x 2
  17. Vyperfang New Player

It's interesting to me that, in a thread about whether or not the sky is falling, no one has yet mentioned the brutal firing of DC's co-publisher Dan DiDio a few days ago, and the rumor that AT&T will be looking to offload DC Comics (either by shutting it down completely, or at least selling it off) if the upcoming 5G (or "Fifth Generation") relaunch fails, and how such a move could ultimately affect the licensing of this game's entire universe.

Thoughts?
  18. BumblingB I got better.

Brutal? Wait, you liked Didiot?! His firing was the best idea that DC Comics did, he basically was ruining the company and with the fact the 5G is a make or break for AT&T proves that fact. I hope they survive, I am and always will be a DC Comics fan.

As for this game, it's a licensed game. If the comic industry belly ups, the IP owners can still license the characters to DBG. AND this game's licensing wouldn't go away right away. So up until it has to be renewed, it would still change not much in terms of sky falling for the game.

What would warrant that? If it happened a few years ago when they had to renew the license, which it didn't.
  19. speedster1981 Committed Player

I'm on the ps4 in Canada and I looked up the cost of a 12/mo sub for dcuo and its over $150 I swear to god
    the sub cost wasn't the only thing getting increased!!!

look for yourself https://store.playstation.com/en-ca/grid/search-game/1?query=dc universe online

If it hit Canada now How long do you think it will take to hit you all....
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The Canadian dollar is higher than the US dollar. $119.99 USD converts to $159.50 in Canadian Dollars. Blame Sony for their lack in communication that they were charging you the wrong amount.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.