Dimensional Ink has the power: Now give us fair time capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dresserball, Feb 21, 2020.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Like what you've said so far but had to correct you on one error you made here. Time Capsule styles have been made available for style unlock (minus materials). The issue is that they haven't done a new round of style unlock updates in a long while (there have been threads bringing this up for a while now). The last time capsule that I can recall as being available for style unlock is the Arcane Time Capsule (home of the Wings of Sin, Which I can unlock for what seems to be around $13 in replays).
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

That is a massive issue as well, yea
    • Like x 2
  3. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

It's clear from Jackster's interview and some of Mepps' recent posts that this company has, as well as changing it's name, adopted a policy of not giving straight answers.

So much for "transparency".

But that's okay, I'm adopting a policy of not giving them any more of my hard-earned cash.
  4. Brit Loyal Player

I fully recognize that the primary and most efficient way to get Qwarks is through purchasing Time Capsules.

I also recognize that the primary and most efficient way to get the contents of Time Capsules is through purchasing Time Capsules, and not through the terrible, terrible Qwarks vendor and their horrifyingly ridiculous prices.

You are roughly correct in your mathing of costs through the purchase of Time Capsules, only variable in that capsules do sometimes offer in fact more than 10 Qwarks as a reward to further reduce those costs.

However, considering that the topic of the thread was about making things available for purchase through the direct Marketplace without the need for buying Time Capsules, it seemed to me as though I would be making a pretty silly argument if I said "You can get these things without buying Time Capsules. Just buy some Time Capsules, collect the Qwarks, and voila." So I used the hard data of direct purchase which removes all RNG as a way of demonstrating exactly what the time capsule purchases offer in comparison to not using them.

When we open a Time Capsule (even a free one) we don't just get the item received, but also the qwarks, which constitute a portion of this future failsafe purchase as well. I openly tell people that I bought my Void Material off the Qwarks vendor, but I never spent a single cent on Time Capsules.

But that's off-topic for the thread. I certainly do respect and agree with your position that Time Capsule contents can be obtained far cheaper if one is prepared to actually buy the Time Capsules themselves.
    • Like x 5
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Absolutely, I've appreciated the discussion, I mean realistically we're not really likely in that much disagreement and to be honest, my massive objections with the system itself possibly isn't even the time capsules themselves but rather the redundencies and things in place like the quark vendor.

I honestly think there needs to be more direct sales, not even necessarily as many as SWTOR my point in even showing SWTOR was to start chucking ideas around and showing what else can be done, even if only done partly here to accommodate the obvious differences in the fact this is an orange and SWTOR is an apple it could still be a vast improvement.

The quark vendor too is a mess, I honestly think items are priced too high, I personally think you should be getting say a material for $100 worth of quarks as a maximum off their, not $250. it's not that I don't want them to make money, it's that I think it's too much and its being milked too exxessively at both ends, bearing in mind the stuff on the quark vendor is quite dated by the time its on there, so it's not like they haven't already milked those items for all they're worth already, milking them as much as they are off the quark vendor is just a bit too much :)

Good talk.
    • Like x 5
  6. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

Doesn't matter how many threads we make. The truth is that the big part of this game community are dumb. We have dumb people with money here. The community is very toxic and white knightning too. I used to be a very active member of this forum and the old forum, but no matter what you say or what you try to fix, there will always be people here and in-game that will just blind lick the Devs and throw money at them for nothing worth of it actual value.

Just look at the top best free to play games in the history. Each one of them making their revenue purely from cosmetic only and selling those for very affordable prices (just not Path of Exile, this guy is in another whole level of bulls** too) There is no more excuse for gaming companies to exploit their player base with bulls**.

You guys should do just like many of us did and just forget this game for good. Log in every once in a while and log off. Do not spend anymore money, cancel your membership, vote with your wallet. You guys think the company is the problem, but the problem here are YOU.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think they do at least okay with direct sales stuff, if they didn't we'd probably see stuff like armories and other supplies being phased out or at least rotated. But for whatever reason (and there are more than a few) when it comes to styles on the Marketplace players seem to balk.

Until or unless that changes I don't think it's too likely to see things change when it comes to styles.
  8. bobert0317 Active Player

If TC were permanent to the DLC they correspond with and you can rerun those DLCs to get more, this will be easier for players who are grinding for feats and make the ones in the broker being sold for ridiculous amount of money isolate. They can also make certain things in the TC more rare then they already are so people will buy more.
  9. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I find the Capsules fair in the current environment, sans the inability to trade across PC/PSN players. I've already completed all the feats without spending any MC on the Oracle Time Capsules, except the Harley Quinn Chroma... and it's only Day 3. If you did your Stabilizers daily (five minutes a day, maximum), you would have way more than enough to open 15 of them. Sell what you don't need, and if you are a decently active player, you have enough to buy what you need remaining from the Broker.

I'm a casual player, and I was able to make and save enough money to do this. It really isn't that difficult as long as you just play the game, and make C-grade decisions with your money and item drops.

As for all the freaking out about the Ultra Rare with a 25-point feat... that's 1/4 of an SP... and they release Capsules like every 2-3 months. So at WORST, if this continues, you don't get 1.5 SP a year. That's nothing to freak out over. Take a step back, breath, and be rational. This isn't a thing that should bother most of us.
  10. dresserball Dedicated Player

How much in game cash did you spend?
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

But it illustrates that prices for TC items need not be in $50-100 range as Brit's math made them out to be. ;)
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Easy to say and do if you can find something that you feel is good enough to replace this for your gaming needs. The problem is that for many, other games only offer a small slice of enjoyment...and then leave you hungry for more with little to satisfy them.
  13. Lodestone Active Player

So you progressed your char with about 4 SP just by opening....capsules ... Wow sounds like great gameplay. Really inspiring also :(
  14. Brit Loyal Player

Spot on.

Overall, I have few complaints about Time Capsules themselves, but I royally believe that the Qwarks vendor is a travesty. Since they wait an extended period of time before adding items, everything on the vendor is already removed from circulation. It is unavailable through any other means, including buying Time Capsules. No resurgence. Nothing. So pricing them so insanely high just feels stupid. They literally have created a situation where they could sell an item at a reasonable price, making the players happy AND making themselves money, but instead they would rather price it through the roof and have few people be able to get it AND miss out on that extra revenue.

Time Capsules barely illicit more than a shrug from me. But the Qwarks prices, every time I see 5750, that grinds my gears.
    • Like x 2
  15. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

I spent a little under $600M. It could have been more if I wasn't lucky with the "T'Challa Thingy" (don't know the actual item off the top of my head). If it wasn't for that, I guess it would have been around $1.4B (it was $800M for that item last I checked). That's like maybe a month of playing and saving up.
  16. Mister_Raccoon Well-Known Player

I got 3 each of the Neon Chroma packs from the capsule and Droid Accessory Boxes from the previous booster gold packs.
    I'd have to say my luck has been decent. Granted it was much easier to get the droid than the chroma and weirder still the thunderstorm aura collection pieces I needed still seemed more rare than the chroma pack itself.

I know a dude who got the chroma within his first 10 capsules while it took me a little under 80. Perhaps you're not lighting the right kind of incense around your shrine to RNGesus.
  17. Mister_Raccoon Well-Known Player

I'd pay 3 times that for an OG smoke aura. And do it with a smile on my face.
  18. dresserball Dedicated Player

I'm on US Pc/Ps and that would be very cheap for everything. I know people have been getting more then that just for the Harley Chroma.
  19. OVERCAP Level 30

i finally got the last piece to the thunderstorm aura, collected it and then collected the aura but it gave me 25 pointer instead of the 50 points. What a shame.
  20. Ascended Well-Known Player

Has anyone considered making the rare drops a reward for opening X number of TC's? I don't know if that'd be viable, I don't know enough about how video games utilize this kind of thing, but it seems to me that they might make more money if the reward was attainable.

Consider the neon chroma. It's impossible to get unless you're the luckiest SOB around. Guess how much money I spent on that TC? None. I ran the daily and that was it. The drop rate is too low to make spending money worthwhile; I could dump five hundred bucks into it and never even smell the neon, so why bother? I know some people got super lucky with that thing, but 99% of us didn't and I'm not so rich that I can throw money away on odds so low I'd be better off buying power ball tickets.

But if the neon was in the RNG, and you could also get it for opening, I don't know, 100 TC's, or whatever arbitrary number fits the accounting? I'd be much more tempted to spend cash on the things. I personally wouldn't dump $100 bucks, but I'd probably drop some just to get to 100 (or whatever) a little faster.

The whales wouldn't have to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars anymore. But the rest of us might spend more and make up that difference, and DCUO might even make more money that way. Maybe. Again, I don't know enough about the structure of this business model or what DCUO brings in from this to really say. But it seems to me that a visually attainable goal, with a lot of people spending some money, might be better than a few people spending a ton of money. And if nothing else it'd perhaps make DCUO less financially reliant on a minority of the player base.
    • Like x 1