A little bit of positivity in regards to the Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lantern_AdamK4, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Walvine Well-Known Player

Plant style set complete ,poison ivy waist aquired , botanical chest legs aquired , Wild material acquired , wild chroma 1 2 3 acquired , mossy check , snowflake back acquired, wild feet aura acquired spore pet aquired.
    Enhanced poison ivy emblem aquired :) thank you oricle.
    Smallvile doomsday savage spines soon .. soon.
    Just waiting for a wild accessoy , wild uplinks and wild movement and my faverite character will be complete.
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Guess I misinterpreted it then. Because the way he phrased this post, it made it sound like the Oracle Time Capsule was going to make players look the part of Birds of Prey. But seeing the gear as it is, I guess they want people to look like oracle.
    • Like x 2
  3. Controller Devoted Player

For better or for worse - Mepps promised that more changes were coming to the economy in 2020 - after they resolved the glitch.

This could be an extension of it.
  4. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

I will positively not open a single capsule.

see its still positive....
    • Like x 3
  5. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

It's actually one of the worst if not the worst TC to date, most of the contents in this tc are trash.
    • Like x 3
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

No. They aren’t popular. People want the feats, and that gives the cosmetics an appeal they would not otherwise have. You speak as though with authority, but I am absolutely convinced more players share my view than yours.

The other day, Mepps started a thread to announce the livestream. Last time I looked, it had 9 likes. My one line reply asking the devs to consider removing the feats had 22 likes. How does this tally with your opinion?
    • Like x 2
  7. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I like four of the emblems.
  8. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

The time cap just is meh to me. Personally. The one that got me was the hand aura. A collection for that? Should have been a whole aura. And the feats. More awfulness.
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I have the enhanced boots will someone trade me for the mask? Usps
  10. DarkAya Dedicated Player

I actually like the content, new slimlines with emblem spot, heels, emblems, Hammer, goggles, all nice but the ******* pay wall is nuts, I don't think I'll ever get that chroma. Sad.
  11. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Maybe the whole aura will be in the BoP vendor rewards. Quite honestly this capsule is lackluster to me. I really dont see myself opening many at all, if at all... i dont know. I'll probably best save the stabilizers for the resurgence capsules. I'll acquire what I want off the broker. But I still like four of the emblems. I like those hawk wings too... bought im not even going to bother because of my very piss poor luck with top end collection RNG.
  12. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yeah theres nothing in here that screams i have to have it. The artists always do a good job. Just for me personally.
  13. cassi Well-Known Player

We can cry all we want about rng in the TC's styles, and other failures of the paywall, but as the dev's and people associated with this game have made abundantly clear, our voice doesn't matter, and when they tire of hearing it, they turn us off completely,.
    • Like x 2
  14. inferno Loyal Player

By your estimate, would a price of $70 be a good value if you were to receive everything in this TC (8 regular gear pieces, 8 enhanced gear pieces, 8 regular emblems, 8 enhanced emblems, harley orbital, and the 3 collection reward ), including the rare?
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Update: I wasn't wrong.

Look at what they just tweeted!

[IMG]

My original reply stands, this time capsule was advertised as a way for people to dress up for the birds of prey episode; yet it doesn't share the same style as what the characters typically wear.
    • Like x 2
  16. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Or provide insulting non-answers about why changes are made.
  17. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

So you’re comparing a legal optional thing in a video game to an illegal narcotic that can and does cause physical harm up to and including death? Weird flex but okay..
    • Like x 1
  18. Balton hero Committed Player

He's comparing two things that take advantage of people's weakness or addiction and harms them in the process.
    • Like x 5
  19. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

You're absolutely right. With these types of games, it's not about the majority, it's about the "whales".
  20. Brit Loyal Player

It's a combination of column A and column B. Looking back on every single Time Capsule style set there has been, I haven't seen a single one that wasn't well done. Compare things like the Queen Atlee one from the Atlantean Time Capsule to the Mera tier gear suit and you can immediately see that a significant amount of extra work and love went into that Time Capsule set. It's that way across the board. None of the Time Capsule stuff ever looks cheap and quickly thrown together. I definitely believe there are players who see those styles and legitimately want them just for that. And judging based off of the huge number of people you can see walking around the Watchtower in their Batman Who Laughs or Drowned or Shazam outfits, the evidence definitely supports that the cosplay side of things is very real.

In contrast, the feats do definitely add value to what we're getting. While metrics haven't been published, looking through the broker at the items as they get posted can easily showcase that significantly more Time Capsules are getting opened than their no-feat cousins, the Booster Bundles. Part of that, of course, is shaped by the fact that Time Capsules are able to be opened in limited quantities entirely for free. But I certainly think between the number of players displaying the styles, the number of items for sale, and the fact that Time Capsules are produced far more frequently than Booster Bundles, Time Capsules probably bring in a lot more money, with that core difference being the feats.

And personally, I think that's a good thing. The feats are easy and cheap. If you ignore the super-rare stuff, like the Collections and the odd items like the Neon Chroma, and focus on the attainable things, then Time Capsules are an excellent way for new or returning players to bridge the gap and catch up their skill points, which is important when the option to double back and run low level content isn't nearly as viable because those queues just don't reliable pop and the player interest isn't there. It's way easier to pick up a full suit of Prophetic or a couple of Emblems from the new Time Capsule than it is to convince a group of 7 other people to run Elite Darkseid's War Factory and to intentionally allow themselves to get Omega Sanctioned the perfectly right number of times.

It's okay to not get every single feat.

You need fewer than 300 skill points to max out your role. The game has over 500 available as options. It is okay to skip some.

If you don't get it, then... just don't care.

Just ignoring a missed feat is way easier than the poor players who are missing out on a rare style when they actually want the style. You can make up those skill points easily, but you can't just get the style from a different source.
    • Like x 1