New skins for movement modes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Original Empress, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Original Empress Well-Known Player

• Like x 4
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

perhaps on the back burner until they'll start to weasel some into time capsules, resurgence capsules and booster bundles.
    • Like x 3
  3. Original Empress Well-Known Player

SuperSpeed can still be SuperSpeed. The animations are pretty good for that actually
  4. Electrizzaro Loyal Player

I would love to have two arms out front and I wonder why this is not an option. I would not think it would be hard to implement....but then again I could be wrong.
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I'd want one that didn't have the electricity. Not all speedsters tap the speed force.

But dang, when they announced that they were going to do alternatives, it was cool. Like plant vines for zip lines or fire trails on your feet. We somewhat got that with the smoke trails and other, but those aren't the same. :(
    • Like x 2
  6. Walvine Well-Known Player

Because of the newish addition of move and accessory styles I predict next mega resurgence could be in relation to move styles !.
  7. BroadSt Bully Well-Known Player

I was thinking about this the other day too. When skimming was introduced I believe it was supposed to be the first of other variants. If possible I would like to see:

Skimming: different objects besides the 2 skimmers like a skateboard, cloud, hl platform, hoverboard

SS: roller blades (like Harley), ice skates, rocket boots.

Acrobats: would like to see other variants of the grapple hook, like a vine, rage hand. (Etc).

Flight: whatever anybody else wants cause I don’t care
  8. Brit Loyal Player

The biggest thing is that if there were a flight variant that were either both arms forward or both arms down at side, then the shoulders wouldn't be at an angle from the asymmetrical pose. And if the shoulders weren't at a diagonal... gasp... WINGS WOULDN"T BE CROOKED!
    • Like x 2
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I still want acrobatics to swim across water when moving at full speed.
  10. Original Empress Well-Known Player

11. Original Empress Well-Known Player

Well, they DO have swimming in the game and there is a lot of water around the open world but many instances would have swimmers moving slower than others.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Totally off topic but you might want to edit your signature. That trinket isn't tradable anymore unless they changed it recently.
    • Like x 1
  13. Kuno Loyal Player

They should let us use materials for skimming...
  14. Original Empress Well-Known Player

It's only because I saw a couple of them on the broker that I said that. Still, that was a while ago. Thanks for the info.
  15. Nodens Dedicated Player

It's a shame they're back-burnered. For me the best part of having both arms forward during flight is that it should straighten out our characters' backs, and our wings wouldn't keep looking skewed. (Why they even look that way when we're just hovering is beyond me.)
  16. BSEison Well-Known Player

I'd love it if we had some variations to the skimming style as well. Like the ability to use a material on your disks to add some style to them. Even cooler would be different skimming devices like a hover board Back to the Future style or a playing card Royal Flush Gang style.
  17. BriWi Well-Known Player

I figured out a variant for super-speed: Shadow-shift. The idea is that you transform into an ephemeral amorphous or generically humanoid shaped 3d shadow-form, attached to your shadow on the ground, that zips along the ground when not jumping from surface to surface. It fits with super-speed since a shadow has no mass and has the same theoretical speed as light. When you come out of Movement Mode, the shadows coalesce back into your hero shape before you are revealed. Attacking or being attacked from it has you leaping or getting knocked out of the shadow, respectively. It doesn't have an innate boost the stealth, unless the Devs want that to be either a skill point option or a shadow-form-restricted mod that boosts your surprise-attack bonus or reduces power cost when in stealth mode.

Another flight variant could be the power slide, such as Ice slides used by characters like Killer Frost and Marvel's Iceman. It takes on a special skin based on your power type, so Ice slide for Ice characters, vines for Nature, etc. It differs from Skimming in that people can see the slide generated as you go rather than a separate static object, it leaves a short-lived trail behind it, and when exiting movement mode it fades away instead of disappearing abruptly.

To be honest, I am having trouble thinking of a variant to Acrobatics except maybe rope or grappling hook e.g. Spider Man's web spinners or Catwoman's whip. This is different from the grappling hook skill in that you swing from place to place instead of running along the ground and up walls. There are a ton of characters who can stick to walls in both companies' comics, so copyright wouldn't be an issue.

That's all I can think of right now.
    • Like x 1
  18. Walvine Well-Known Player

Wings clipping through left arm only occur because the attachment axis doesn't orientate from the correct skeleton spine I.K. bone the attachment is parented to when animation transitions to glide pose !?, Although on ps3 early release I dont remember the wings being unaligned like that as fare back before hardlight powerset existed.