This is getting annoying.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kosyn, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

1st, I learned quickly in the DM raid to never hit Barbatos until all else is dead, no matter the power (healing) if the healer hits him, his attention is immediately focus on killing you. I have a tank as my main, and a good one at that, and even using single taunt, if a healer hits him, healer going down.

2nd. Yes, healers do draw a LOT of agro. If dps' don't pay attention in alert (3dps, 1 heal), the healer can get over run and ko'd. Most healer I've noticed, at that point, run from the fight - 'ah, I can't tank, RUN!' when in fact should be running into the fight at that point so the dps' can do some damage on the adds, and likely pull agro away from you.
    • Like x 3
  2. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I agree.

Maybe if we actually used tanks more often in Duos and alerts, they would be better prepared for tougher content. Same can be said for trollers. We pretty much ONLY use them in raids so where is their "training ground"? They get dumped in the meat grinder AND they get blamed when things go sideways.
    • Like x 3
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

A healer is asked to switch to dps by another healer most times. We got to stop blaming dps for everything
    • Like x 2
  4. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Barbatos loves to pulse beam the healer. Having bosses do scripted attacks against a healer is just bad design and artificial difficulty since there is no counter for it.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

On one run the tank kept standing in the center and the healer kept getting slapped. I think Tropical Skittles was in that run, both us just switched to healer to avoid a wipe. Even with three healers the fight was rough because the tank would not move away from the group.
  6. BumblingB I got better.

So...

I've been around this game since F2P and I've seen the descent to more damage that we know now.

Having tanks and healers in duos just wont work because of how the content goes. Sure, you wont die, but because of the health pools they have on the enemies to counter the damage centric player base mentality, it... just... crawls... Which is part of the reason why the devs allowed for no minimum dom crowd control in solo and duo content. You can stay in your tank or healer gear and just switch to damage and it would go that much faster.

In alerts, we can thank the team buffs. This has been the worst positive addition to the game. I remember when they first implemented it, it was right before BFE dlc. A few teams just ran with 1 troll and 1 healer and beat the hardest raid day one with all feats, because the team buff worked in raids too. But it is a positive addition as it increased the queue times, but it further drove home that damage makes things faster.

Anyways... Back on topic.

Bring 2 tanks? :O
    • Like x 1
  7. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Aimbot? How about aggro table?! It's no secret Healers are below tanks on the table. Your problem is you're using the Orb, if you know you need to use your priority heal like that in a fight, switch it out or learn better power management. Couldn't tell you how many healers cast heals when people are full HP. Changing load outs per fight is necessary sometimes. Use artifacts that compliment your play style. From personal experience playing all healer powers, the only problem I see is Water's pool masking ground effects, like Dawnbreakers orbital or Drown's pools. Celestial getting interrupted is annoying but it shouldn't stop you from healing. Why are you switching powers? Why are you using both Water's shields anyway? Celestial has it all, HoTs, range and 2 awesome group heals. You don't need a SC unless a fight calls for it. Changing powers is all on you, it's not the devs fault you get your load outs from Youtube and not experiment to see what works best for your play style.!

The content is far from lazy. It's actually kind of challenging. People need to learn boss fights and mechanics. If you want to go because it's not easy enough for you then bye! Your logic is circular and just screams make the game easier with a complaint about it being easy not far behind. If you can't survive Barbatos's Pulse Beam then you're not blocking or blocking late. On my water toon I can pop Bubble combined with a soder and not block without dying in regular DM.
  8. Monkeyboy Committed Player

It's the aggro table! Not scripted attacks. If you're a healer, try not healing before the last Dark Spirit is dead and if tank doesn't die, you have a good chance of not being hit with the pulse beam. Like the first fight in DC. When boss goes done to make an add, stop dps/heal(toon power actions) and run to opposite corner of boss, 9 times out of 10 you will not be chosen. The boss's attacks/abilities are based off the aggro table. Let's not forget their programming is not that sophisticated when it comes to mechanics.
  9. Monkeyboy Committed Player

With the amount of stuns and knockdowns, a healer will get killed if they don't kite. lunge, etc. Now, the healer doesn't have to use the whole room to kite like first boss when the add is chasing the healer, circle the add around the boss to let aoe kill it faster but watch for Boss's knockback. The non-loot boss attacks just the healer, until all adds are gone. Without a tank, dps have more responsibility than just dpsing.
    • Like x 1
  10. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Are you a replay king? Test server superstar? What's really annoying is people that speed run a dlc in a month then complain the game is dying. Maybe you should realize that people have lives outside this game and don't have time or money to finish something meant for 3 months in a month!
  11. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I love the hate on tanks. Most dont understand that there are situations where the tank can do very little to stop a scripted attack or the aggro table shown. Yet the people ******** about tanks probably are the ones who get frustrated there is never a tank when they need one. It's such a toxic community that people dont want to create a tank for this reason.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's both actually. Barbatos is scripted to turn away from the tank, whoever is in range and at the top of the hate table gets zapped. If no one is in range Barbatos will start to float away for a second but will return to the tank. Unless the tank stops attacking.
    • Like x 2
  13. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Exactly, was in pcr today with a nature heal and on 1st boss there were so many deaths so after the boss I asked if he wanted me to help heal, his response no it gets easier from here.

Why are people so **** about having 2 healers or 2 tanks especially if your having issues? Hell uf I have issues I will ask the backup heal to go heal and I'm cr293 with 461sp, theres no shame in my game, know why? A healers job is only easy if the group is knowledgeable and isn't playing like idiots.
    • Like x 2
  14. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

In my case, it was dps.
  15. Monkeyboy Committed Player

The poster said " Having bosses do scripted attacks against a healer". In that context it's the aggro table not scripted attack. The difference is Barbatos will attack the healer where ever they're at. In your example, which is correct, Barbatos will default to to the next highest person on aggro table in range, the tank.
  16. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

When I heal this (solo as Celestial) I just click personal dampening field if Barbie blows through my shield. Obviously, if you have a great tank, it's not an issue, but the dampening field is golden in PUGs. I know a lot of people run one of the old dinky pets, like blossom or pumpkin in a utility belt slot, but that 40k shield is dope.